By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why was GW Bush (Jr Bush) better than Obama?

Kasz216 said:

That's not true at all... Obama did most of his backpedalling in the first two years of his presidency when he had a democratic majority.  Ever since the Republican party took over congress he's moved back towards the "left" as he knew none of those policies would pass.   If you look at legislative history you'll note that a few hot button issues are only pushed when they know they won't pass.

Gay rights is one of those.

The healthcare law I'd bet would be another.  If the Republicans actually thought they could pass a repeal of healthcare, I doubt they would, because it's too much of a political risk.

As for their handling of things... Iraq was more disasterous then Libya, but those were two very different wars.  There wasn't a strong unified arm resistance to support in Iraq.

While Bush's handling of Katrina... Obama's handling of the BP oil spill wasn't exactly great either.  Although really neither of those are either of their faults.

In general the problem is that FEMA is a giant mess of an orginzation that ends up getting in local groups way in it's need to overly control everything.

Well that and stupid enviromental laws prevented quicker cleanup of the BP oil because it  banned the use of most cleaning boats because the cleaning boats would be counted as "polluting" the water by putting in water because the water that would run through it's ships wouldn't be "clean enough".  (You know, despite the fact that it'd be cleaner.)

Obama's handling of the BP oil spill was brilliant, if not morally disgusting. 

He managed to divert all the blame onto the British even though all the failings were due to american companies such as Halliburton. If he hadn't, American companies could easily have landed the cost of the clean up, but instead the clean up was left to the infinite wallets of BP. Good way to ensure some of the biggest US companies take as little a stock hit as possible.  

With Katrina Bush was told that the levees could overflow and yet FEMAs acctions were a complete mess. 

Around the Network

War on terror- 9/11 could of been avoided, but Bush ignored the warning from the CIA 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html?_r=0

Wars- Bush started 2 expensive, pointless and dare I say it unwinable wars, which are still going on! If he invaded Iraq because of 9/11, he was greatly misinformed. As, Al Qaeda was bigger in Saudi Arabia than Iraq. While, Afghanistan should not been invaded either. It's way to clear that Bush needs to look up on history, as no one has defeated the Afghans. Not even the soviets (or British empire) could do it! Bush probably ignored the terrorist warnings in 2001 to start both wars

US deficit- $5.5 trillion in 2000, rose to $10-$11 trillion by 2008 and now $16 trillion! The wars and the military spending didn't help, nor Bush tax cuts or Taxes lost because of the recession (lot's of unemployment and repossessed houses!)

I would think it was safe to say, Obama inherited the recession from Bush (it started in 2007), although it was really the Bank's though rather than the president's

Scandals- Bush- Katrina, did little to help and Obama- BP oil spill in gulf of Mexico

Bad stuff about Bush- started wars, bad at planning economy, generally a moron!

Bad stuff about Obama- tough on the war on drugs (even though he used to take drugs lol), out of control debt, continuing war in Afghanistan

Job creation- don't know about Bush, but apparently Obama helped save what's left of the car manufacturing industry. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

outlawauron said:
Why are people responding to a thread that died over 2 months ago. >_>

It's not dead if people are still responding to it.

George Bush Jr. caused pretty much every country in the world to hate the US. He is responsible for one of the worst wars of the last 50 years; a war which helped lead to economic chaos in the western world and began a huge rift between the western and middle eastern worlds. He was certainly the worst leader in US history outside of the guy responsible for the nuclear holocaust in Japan.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bong Lover said:
BenVTrigger said:
How about the fact Obama has already spent more money than any president in history......that would be a good start

I am curious about your definition of a fact?

Yeah wheres the source?

Around the Network

First off the state of the country can not be pinned to just the president so you have to look at just his actions, not which wars we are fighting or how many trillions we are spending.

The reason GW Bush was better than Obama IMO was because of the direction he tried to steer us. Under Bush America was being pushed to the right while under Obama it is being pulled to the left. I generally agree much more with Republican views than Democratic ones so of course I see Bush as being better, even if he was a moron a lot of the time. Heck, Obama's a moron a lot too, but despite what "Obama 2016" would make you believe, he is NOT the anti-Christ lol.

i think bush should be tried for torture and yet i still think he was better than obama

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Both of them are just war mongering puppets so who cares which one is worse.