By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why was GW Bush (Jr Bush) better than Obama?

Hard to say which is worse, but it is clear Obama is among the worst in history.

Around the Network

There's not much to say to answer the original question. Its like asking who is worse: Jeff dalmer or john gacy? They're all sick ppl that don't give a ffff about you.

KILL THE BANK its where the evil lies

Who cares, exactly? Nobody is voting for GWB in November, but I guess this is therapeutic for those that can't get over the fact that Obama is going to be crushed by a cardboard cut-out running on the R ticket.

(And that are lots of reasons why he was better--and, sadly, the same--but, again, who cares...it doesn't mean anything and it isn't going to help Obama* or hurt Romney, etc.)

*He thought it might, but the blame Bush bus had a blowout in 2010 and they never were able to figure out the problem as they were epically crushed in the mid-terms.

Based upon the OP (I didn't bother reading subsequent ones since these always devolve into garbage), it seems to me based on your word choice and what your explaining is you already made your choice of Obama being better if not at bare minimum similar ranking to GW. I'd add points but I think it won't change the mind and just go on back and forth, and I don't feel like playing devil's advocate or otherwise.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

Honestly, I find ranking presidents (and similar things) is something that will best be handled by historians ...

The housing bubble can be attributed to the combination of decisions of George W. Bush and Bill Clinton directly, with conditions that were established by policies of George HW Bush, Ronald Regan, and Jimmy Carter.

I don't bring this up to sling mud at Bill Clinton but just as a demonstration that years/decades after a president has left office the decisions that were made will still be having an impact. 50 years from George W. Bush may be vindicated on numerous accounts as the consequences of the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are better understood, and Barack Obama may be demonized based on his decisions in the Arab Spring or his economic policies.

I don't exactly like getting into these kinds of conversations because more and more lately I've been realizing how every single person has a pretty strong slant to their views on these subjects. It's really hard to find good solid information when those who are providing it to you are slanting it in their own way. I feel like I would have to learn as much as I can about as much as possible and go into years of research before I can make a real substantial comment that doesn't come off as ignorant. Most people here seem ignorant to me, no offense.

I do not really pay attention to politics all that much anymore. But it seems like Bush did more stuff (whether bad or good). Obama seems to just sit around, blaming republicans. Bush just charges headfirst into Iraq after 9/11, while Obama plans for Osama. The economy is bad with both.

There is no point trying to convince stupid ignorant people that the Earth resolves around the Sun, when they sincerely and stubbornly believe otherwise.

Why are people responding to a thread that died over 2 months ago. >_>

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.