By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why was GW Bush (Jr Bush) better than Obama?

badgenome said:
WiiBox3 said:

That is normal for a President to use executive order for military reasons. But Bush had the balls to push through things that had nothing to do with the military, under the excuse of this country is in war, so every law is a war time decision. Obama hasn't shown the balls to do this type of action.

Such as?

And it is not at all normal to not ask Congress to authorize military action just because you insist on calling it a "kinetic military action" and not a war.

List of Obama's executive orders by the way if you feel like picking out some of the many non military executive orders.

http://1461days.blogspot.com/2009/01/current-list-of-president-obamas.html

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Looking at it, it's hard to see how anyone except the most blinded of fools could consider either of these people to be a good President. Hell, they're not even Presidents, they act like Kings.

And then, if you start to see things continue with the next few people to hold office, and I would be hard pressed to not think it will, it is going to be hard to think electing anyone is going to make a difference.  America isn't even sure what it wants to be at this point.  Big divide over role of government and so on, and everyone feeling pretty powerless for change.

I say this now, looking over my local paper, and seeing how some Chinese solar power company has not even bothered to follow through one developing a former IBM plant where I am, and people say no one has heard from them.  Nope, no one seems to have answers.

I hold a little more optimism than you. Personally, I think we'll see a decent candidate in 2016 (I'm personally hoping for Rand Paul). If you pay attention to state activism, you'll also notice a significant increase in recent years, hopefully that will continue.

I just think its funny how Bush is remembered for so many hillarious bloopers, but we havn't heard much about ones from Obama. I will include some of both for your humor.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DEbZqvMu2cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fFKwFxDp660" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFKwFxDp660&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Bush just makes me laugh.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HHIUdMVN_V0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHIUdMVN_V0

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T73phKWYHTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73phKWYHTc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

People think Obama is an eloquent speaker?......

SamuelRSmith said:
richardhutnik said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Looking at it, it's hard to see how anyone except the most blinded of fools could consider either of these people to be a good President. Hell, they're not even Presidents, they act like Kings.

And then, if you start to see things continue with the next few people to hold office, and I would be hard pressed to not think it will, it is going to be hard to think electing anyone is going to make a difference.  America isn't even sure what it wants to be at this point.  Big divide over role of government and so on, and everyone feeling pretty powerless for change.

I say this now, looking over my local paper, and seeing how some Chinese solar power company has not even bothered to follow through one developing a former IBM plant where I am, and people say no one has heard from them.  Nope, no one seems to have answers.

I hold a little more optimism than you. Personally, I think we'll see a decent candidate in 2016 (I'm personally hoping for Rand Paul). If you pay attention to state activism, you'll also notice a significant increase in recent years, hopefully that will continue.

The body politic is not wanting to tear the government down the way Rand Paul, or even Ron Paul advocates.  Social Security and Medicare are considered sacred and most people like the fact their congressman brings the pork home.  What you speak of fits a bit into the Tea Party, but that is now a GOP operated iniitative, driven primarily by core members in the GOP, and fusing a mish-mash of inconsistent beliefs, that the GOP can exploit.  And Occupy can't seem to get its head put on, not even knowing what to occupy.  The Tea Party also happens, in addition ton a mish-mash of inconsistent beliefs (seen a Tea Party rally are signs like, "Keep the government off my Medicare"), to have this ideological purity and being scared of any form of diversity.  Also, if Rand Paul gets anywhere near Ron Paul, that will become persona non-gratis with them.

I live in the USA and am closer to things than you are, and did delve into the activism groups in the area.

A better topic would be:
Why Bush Jr. and Obama were both sh*tty presidents...

Around the Network
Rath said:
Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:

G.W. is the best President at being a war monger. I can hardly think of one thing he did I liked. I payed attention to politics more during that time because every thing he did I disagreed with and his veiws on thinking god worked through him sickend me. Romney seems almost as scary.

Nah.  As Govonor Romney was more liberal then Obama is as president.

Yes but unless he rapidly backpedals on the positions he took in the Republican "race to be the most insane rightwing fundamentalist nutbug" primary, he'll be a far more conservative president.

Actually if you followed the promaries he was the LEAST "insane rightwing fundamentalist nutbag".  For almost a year the GOP had a flavor of the month "true conservative" that would shoot to the top of the polls and then crash and burn hard after they said something completely idiotic, or a big negative about their past was revealed.  Romney has been Romney since day 1, and the GOP went a full 360 degrees entertaining more than half a dozen other candidates before eventually coming full circle and choosing him as the eventual nominee.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

As for the topic at hand... Obama is just a darker shade of Bush in just about every way imaginable.

/thread

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

SamuelRSmith said:
Louisiana had a plan to try and solve issues for their coast a lot earlier than the Feds could have allowed, but the Obama administration obstructed them. With Hurricane Katrina, the reverse happened, Louisiana prevented the Feds from getting involved.

---

ding ding ding. You're completely correct with your response. Governor Blanco was completely inept and handled the entire Katrina option very badly. My family and I worked very closely with recovery efforts and saw firsthand the mismanagement and the literal blocking by the state government.

Spurg, the moratorium did far more damage than the oil spill. The oil spills' biggest effects were the destruction of wildlife and the already withering Gulf Coast/wetlands. That on top of the contamination to cities located close to the coastline. Yes, it was near as devasting as Katrina, but one was a natural disaster, the other was a man-made mistake.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

WiiBox3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Top 5 reasons no one in my lifetime was worse than Bush ( Still don't like Obama, but yeah lol).

1. Obama is a pussy when it comes to congress and the senate, George Bush wasn't (Cont.). He has zero backbone, he's too nice. Congress feared Bushes next word he always found a way to force his will.

2. (Cont.) Because of this Bush had no fear in saying fuck the world, Americans included. He proved it in his speech after he left which he spelled out as "I fucked up, too bad to whoever wins the next election, I'm going home lolz". (Just saying, if Bush was president for three terms there would've been a World War 3.If you're a Christian, where I live people had fears that the end-times were coming)

3. George Bush apparently had no idea that we had a national debt clock.

4. George Bush made the Chinese hate us with a passion even so much they would side with the Venezuelans on oil deals if thats what it took.

5. The housing bubble was set to explode by the end of his terms. As a republican he should've put some federal oversight on the community reinvestment act within what...his first year in office? 

Bonus

6. I thought he was the Anti-christ in school

::Walks away::

That is your thing that makes Bush a better President than Obama. If congress/house didn't vote for what he wanted, he would pass it anyway. If Obama had the balls to do this, our country would be in a much better shape.

Thats the point. What stops Obama from being even a decent president is him wanting everyone to like him. Bush didnt care.

NightDragon83 said:
Rath said:
Kasz216 said:
chocoloco said:

G.W. is the best President at being a war monger. I can hardly think of one thing he did I liked. I payed attention to politics more during that time because every thing he did I disagreed with and his veiws on thinking god worked through him sickend me. Romney seems almost as scary.

Nah.  As Govonor Romney was more liberal then Obama is as president.

Yes but unless he rapidly backpedals on the positions he took in the Republican "race to be the most insane rightwing fundamentalist nutbug" primary, he'll be a far more conservative president.

Actually if you followed the promaries he was the LEAST "insane rightwing fundamentalist nutbag".  For almost a year the GOP had a flavor of the month "true conservative" that would shoot to the top of the polls and then crash and burn hard after they said something completely idiotic, or a big negative about their past was revealed.  Romney has been Romney since day 1, and the GOP went a full 360 degrees entertaining more than half a dozen other candidates before eventually coming full circle and choosing him as the eventual nominee.

True, but he did go way farther right than 2008 Romney, who himself was way farther right then 2006 Govonor Romney.

Really, whether or not he would move to the left after being elected depends on why you think he wants to be elected.

If it's to unleash his view of the country on the government, you'd have to expect, like Obama there would be SIGNIFICANT Shifting.

If it's to just want to be president, it's up in the air.

If it was corrution/bribery he'd be running for senate.  President seems like it'd be too much trouble.