By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should i trade in my 3ds for a PS Vita?

Should i trade in my 3DS for a Vita?

Yes 172 36.44%

No 153 32.42%

Keep 3DS and wait for more games to come 94 19.92%

see results 52 11.02%

Total:471

Really depends what you want. I have both systems and a decent chunk of games for each. I haven't actually touched my 3DS since I got my Vita. There are some interesting looking games on the horizon for 3DS though which prevent me from selling the system.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I'd get a Vita and sell 3DS and at the end of the gen get a second hand cheap 3DS to play the good Nintendo games. That is what I did last gen. I still regret buying a DS even though I got it for $50. NSMB was great though.

Get a vita and keep your 3ds. Simples! :)

With your 3DS, you bought a new system with yourself only interested in just one game, if you traded in your 3DS, you'd make the same mistake with a Vita. My advice, if you really don't care about your 3DS and think its possibly wasted cash sitting there, then trade it in and just get some 360 or PS3 games instead :)

Y u only have one game? I have three 3DS games and I don't even have a 3DS yet.

Why don't you have Mario Kart 7, or Kid Icarus, Resident Evil, Tales of the Abyss, Super Mario Land 3D? At the moment there's a lot more good games for the 3DS than the Vita

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

michael_stutzer
"still regret buying a DS even though I got it for $50"

O_O

mysticwolf said:
Y u only have one game? I have three 3DS games and I don't even have a 3DS yet.

Haha, and I thought I'm the only one. I got OoT 3d but no 3DS. I couldn't resist to buy the game but I thought I'd better wait for the inevitable XL announcement and - bam - happened way earlier than I expected.

Maybe this should be our ultimate recommendation to the TC: Sell your 3DS, get Gravity Rush but not a PSV. Money saved, less dust collected (dust collection can then even be reduced to a miniumum if he throws away the game cases and just keeps the cartridges).

Now's probably the worst time to sell your 3DS, but in the end it's all about your tastes. I agree with The1 though, there should have been some kind of "Suggest me some 3DS games" thread before this one. I think you asked for suggestions on 3DS, PS3 and 360, but you should make one specifically for 3DS, you will get lots of advice from the community.
After that, well, "do whatever the f you wanna do" :]

Metrium said:

So you have'nt played Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil:Revelations, Tales of the Abyss, Star Fox64 3D, Street Fighter 4, Cave Story 3D and you are complaining about your 3ds collecting dust?

How bout the eshop games? Have you tried any of those? Pushmo, Sakura's Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, Mutant Mudds, VVVVVV, Ketzal's Corridor, Marvel Pinball, Colors! 3D?

Then what about the virtual console's classics? Link's Awekening, Super Mario Land 1&2, Super Mario Bros, Metroid 1&2, Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's advanture, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, game&watch, Rayman...

Or the DS games... Pokémon Conquest for example, or some older games like Zelda Phantom Hourglass or Spirit tracks, Golden Sun, Pokémon white/black, Dragon QuestIX, Mario and Luigi, New Super Mario Bros, Chrono Trigger...

If nothing in here seems attractive to you well I can see why your 3ds is collecting dust but you sir are hard to plz... Maybe one of these incoming games might please you... Heroes of Ruins, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Heart DDD, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario:Sticker Star, Dragon's Quest Monsters, New Super Mario Bros 2, Luigi's Mansion:Dark Moon, Castlevania Mirror of Fate, Theathrythm Final Fantasy, Rhythm Thief, Professor Layton and the miracle mask, Wario Land:Super Mario Land3(soon on eshop), Legend of Zelda(soon on eshop)...

If you ask my opinion, I say no, cause you can simply go to a gamestop, cover your eyes, randomly point at a game and you will most likely be able to find a game that you would love or atleast enjoy. I think you are being way to picky and not giving a ton of these awsome games a chance. You say that you dont care for mario but IMO mario games are by far the best suited games for handheld, they would give you hours of entertainment. You say the same thing for Kid Icarus, a brand new rebooted franchise that is deffenetly worth a chance, its worth getting used to cause that game is AWSOME both for single player and multiplayer, story is good, characters are awsome and the humor is extremely refreshing.

But its your choice, you can go play you gravity rush if you want, but I think if you are that picky when choosing 3DS games the same thing will happen on your vita. The only difference is that on the Vita you will be stuck with home console rehashed experience like the mediocre Resistance:Burning Sky instead of (IMO) super original and handheld suited experiences like Kid Icarus. (w/o mentioning all the possible Game Boy games on virtual console)

Again i will say that i don't like mario or kid icarus. 

I looked at upcoming games and since i did buy it for RPG's i guess i should keep it and wait. I will probably buy Kingdom Hearts 3D.