By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should i trade in my 3ds for a PS Vita?

Should i trade in my 3DS for a Vita?

Yes 172 36.44%

No 153 32.42%

Keep 3DS and wait for more games to come 94 19.92%

see results 52 11.02%

Total:471

What about Resident Evil Revalations? did you try the demo? and Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, that has a demo also if you don't like the controls you could get the Circle Pad Pro. I think they work better in Resident evil. It might take a little more getting used to for the controls without the CCP in Metal Gear

Or any of the games in my sig. Except we don't know if Monster Hunter 4 is going to be localized yet

Around the Network

I agree that you should at least try the demos of some of the other games to see how you like them.

My answer would be yes, trade it :D, everyone has different tastes, and if the games that the 3DS has now, plus the ones that it will have in the near future (like NSMB2, Luigi Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Animal Crosing, Kingdom Hearts DDD,Inazuma Eleven, Proffesor Layton, Castlevania 3DS, etc) dont appeal to you, its because the system is probably not for you. The Vita offer different experiences and is a great hardware, so if that is what you want, get it. (you should do it before the 3DS xl releases, because they will probably give you less money for the classic 3DS)

yes you should, there are already many games you can play like RE and MGS

if it's collecting dust there's no point keeping it so trade it in, and hope that the PSV won't collect dust

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

U just said u don't like Kid Icarus? O.o? I'm not gonna waste my time anymore....

Around the Network

NO, the dust has to go somewhere

Yes, get a Vita while they're still being manufactured

*insert another similarly themed remark for maximum trollage*

It's a crime to not like Kid Icarus !!!!!

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

NobleTeam360 said:
Metrium said:

So you have'nt played Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil:Revelations, Tales of the Abyss, Star Fox64 3D, Street Fighter 4, Cave Story 3D and you are complaining about your 3ds collecting dust?

How bout the eshop games? Have you tried any of those? Pushmo, Sakura's Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, Mutant Mudds, VVVVVV, Ketzal's Corridor, Marvel Pinball, Colors! 3D?

Then what about the virtual console's classics? Link's Awekening, Super Mario Land 1&2, Super Mario Bros, Metroid 1&2, Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's advanture, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, game&watch, Rayman...

Or the DS games... Pokémon Conquest for example, or some older games like Zelda Phantom Hourglass or Spirit tracks, Golden Sun, Pokémon white/black, Dragon QuestIX, Mario and Luigi, New Super Mario Bros, Chrono Trigger...

If nothing in here seems attractive to you well I can see why your 3ds is collecting dust but you sir are hard to plz... Maybe one of these incoming games might please you... Heroes of Ruins, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Heart DDD, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario:Sticker Star, Dragon's Quest Monsters, New Super Mario Bros 2, Luigi's Mansion:Dark Moon, Castlevania Mirror of Fate, Theathrythm Final Fantasy, Rhythm Thief, Professor Layton and the miracle mask, Wario Land:Super Mario Land3(soon on eshop), Legend of Zelda(soon on eshop)...

If you ask my opinion, I say no, cause you can simply go to a gamestop, cover your eyes, randomly point at a game and you will most likely be able to find a game that you would love or atleast enjoy. I think you are being way to picky and not giving a ton of these awsome games a chance. You say that you dont care for mario but IMO mario games are by far the best suited games for handheld, they would give you hours of entertainment. You say the same thing for Kid Icarus, a brand new rebooted franchise that is deffenetly worth a chance, its worth getting used to cause that game is AWSOME both for single player and multiplayer, story is good, characters are awsome and the humor is extremely refreshing.

But its your choice, you can go play you gravity rush if you want, but I think if you are that picky when choosing 3DS games the same thing will happen on your vita. The only difference is that on the Vita you will be stuck with home console rehashed experience like the mediocre Resistance:Burning Sky instead of (IMO) super original and handheld suited experiences like Kid Icarus. (w/o mentioning all the possible Game Boy games on virtual console)

Again i will say that i don't like mario or kid icarus. 

Have you even played KI:U, and by played I mean srsly play the game for more than 3min, enough time to understand the control and know the game? If not then how can you say you dont like Kid Icarus? Have you ever played the original of 25years ago? If not, I can ask you again the same question, if yes, then KI:U is nothing like that.

And for Mario, I could see someone not liking the 2D Mario games, I could see someone else not liking the 3D Mario games, I could also see someone not liking both since they are both platformer. But if you are telling me that you not liking Mario means not liking 2D mario games, 3d mario games, mario kart games, paper mario games, mario and luigi games, mario tennis and Luigi's mansion, you sir are biased.

What is it in mario you dont like? the platforming? Then dont tell me you dont like mario kart cause its probably the most fun racing game out there, dont tell me you dont like Paper Mario cause those are great RPGs, same for mario and luigi's. Luigi's Mansion  has nothing to do with other mario games, its completly unique and Mario sport games like Mario Tennis have nothing in comon with New super mario bros. And even for the platforming games, Mario galaxy is so different than mario sunshine that I would still be surprised that someone who srsly played both games dont like any of those 2.

You cant dislike all mario games, cause most mario games have in common only the character. Mario Kart has nothing in comon with Paper Mario. I'm sry if I sound rude to you, and I may be wrong cause I have no idea how old you are, but I think you'r one of these 16 year old kid who are dismissing Mario w/o ever srsly playing a game (or if you have, trying to hide in you subconcious the fact that it brought you alot of fun) cause it's been around for 25 years with he totaly wrong idea that it never changes and because it has no blood or explosion. I know its not ''cool'' among teenagers to like mario cause its not cool to like things that are cute and w/o violence at that age, its much cooler to like CoD and Assasin's Creed cause it makes you feel more like a grown up, but saying you don't like anything that is mario is simple biased.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Right now neither the 3DS or the Vita are truly worth owning. I own both, and while my Vita has seen more gameplay than my 3DS, the system still isn't worth it just the same. If you do get the Vita, may I suggest Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, and Unit 13 if you like the genre of each game, as, personal preference, they're the best on the system. With the 3DS, if you haven't already played them, there's, well, nothing really. Mario Kart 7 will probably get boring to you as fast as it did to me and the next best game I've played that you can't play elsewhere was Resident Evil Revelations and that's only so so. Stay away from Mario Land 3D though. Probably the worst Nintendo developed Mario title.

Heroes of Ruin looks good, while New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate are going to be must haves when to me.

With the Vita there's Ragnarok Odyssey and a few games that I'll get both the Vita and PS3 version through PSN, like Retro City Rampage and Quacamelee. None of them really being must haves to me.

There's not much else for either console honestly. Vita has two games that I'm interested in, but they're multi console for the PS3. Dragon's Crown and Playstation All Stars which I'll be picking up the PS3 version. Also one game that's seemed to fall off the face of the earth was Ruin, which was recently renamed Warrior's Lair. Looked like a good hack and slash but no details on it since last year.

NobleTeam360 said:
I looked at upcoming games and since i did buy it for RPG's i guess i should keep it and wait. I will probably buy Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Well why not get that, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Fire Emblem (when it releases) and Heroes of Ruin? Theatrhytm seems pretty good if you like RPG's, because of the music.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.