By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should i trade in my 3ds for a PS Vita?

Should i trade in my 3DS for a Vita?

Yes 172 36.44%

No 153 32.42%

Keep 3DS and wait for more games to come 94 19.92%

see results 52 11.02%

Total:471

Is it really worth trading it in for that 50$ store credit...?

People shouldn't trade your stuff in, your getting ripped off. You will probably end up buying another one at some point

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
NintendoPie said:
I think you can only blame that on yourself.
You can buy games for your 3DS. There are several good ones out there. So, I would say Heck No!

To be honest i don't care much for Mario or Kid Icarus so other than those two what games are you talking about? RPG being the bread and butter of why i bought a 3DS.

I would then suggest to wait for games. There are several great RPG's coming to 3DS.

EDIT: How can you not like Mario? I don't get people like you!

If you have a lot of psp games and you think you will like future ps vita games then go for it. However 3DS currently has most the software support.

NobleTeam360 said:

I only have one game for the 3DS and that is zelda ocarina of time. My 3ds has literally just sat on my shelf for the past three months collecting dust. So do you all think i should trade in my 3DS for a Vita.

I voted YES! you totally should get rid of it!!.. obviously ps vita has the most games evarr!.. and obviously 3DS has only ocarina of time game since its the only thing you bought!... dont ask anymore question and dont listen to anyone else.. go nao right this minute!!

So you have'nt played Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil:Revelations, Tales of the Abyss, Star Fox64 3D, Street Fighter 4, Cave Story 3D and you are complaining about your 3ds collecting dust?

How bout the eshop games? Have you tried any of those? Pushmo, Sakura's Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, Mutant Mudds, VVVVVV, Ketzal's Corridor, Marvel Pinball, Colors! 3D?

Then what about the virtual console's classics? Link's Awekening, Super Mario Land 1&2, Super Mario Bros, Metroid 1&2, Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's advanture, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, game&watch, Rayman...

Or the DS games... Pokémon Conquest for example, or some older games like Zelda Phantom Hourglass or Spirit tracks, Golden Sun, Pokémon white/black, Dragon QuestIX, Mario and Luigi, New Super Mario Bros, Chrono Trigger...

If nothing in here seems attractive to you well I can see why your 3ds is collecting dust but you sir are hard to plz... Maybe one of these incoming games might please you... Heroes of Ruins, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Heart DDD, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario:Sticker Star, Dragon's Quest Monsters, New Super Mario Bros 2, Luigi's Mansion:Dark Moon, Castlevania Mirror of Fate, Theathrythm Final Fantasy, Rhythm Thief, Professor Layton and the miracle mask, Wario Land:Super Mario Land3(soon on eshop), Legend of Zelda(soon on eshop)...

If you ask my opinion, I say no, cause you can simply go to a gamestop, cover your eyes, randomly point at a game and you will most likely be able to find a game that you would love or atleast enjoy. I think you are being way to picky and not giving a ton of these awsome games a chance. You say that you dont care for mario but IMO mario games are by far the best suited games for handheld, they would give you hours of entertainment. You say the same thing for Kid Icarus, a brand new rebooted franchise that is deffenetly worth a chance, its worth getting used to cause that game is AWSOME both for single player and multiplayer, story is good, characters are awsome and the humor is extremely refreshing.

But its your choice, you can go play you gravity rush if you want, but I think if you are that picky when choosing 3DS games the same thing will happen on your vita. The only difference is that on the Vita you will be stuck with home console rehashed experience like the mediocre Resistance:Burning Sky instead of (IMO) super original and handheld suited experiences like Kid Icarus. (w/o mentioning all the possible Game Boy games on virtual console)

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

RPG being the bread and butter of why i bought a 3DS.

If it's RPGs you're looking for you've got quite a few options on 3DS. Tales of the Abyss is available now. The next few weeks include the releases of Heroes of Ruin (an average Square-produced Diablo-esque game), Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (a great rhythm game with RPG elements that should be a wonderful experience if you're a big FF fan), and to cap off the month, Kingdom Hearts 3D, which... well, it's Kingdom Hearts.

Also coming later this year are Code of Princess, a new Castlevania, and a new Paper Mario, and despite your claim that you "don't care much for Mario," if you're an RPG fan and you've been skipping the Paper Mario series... you've really been missing out.

Fire Emblem is coming out next year. Monster Hunter 4, Project X Zone, Dragon Quest Monsters, Rune Factory 4, Etrian Odyssey 4, and Bravely Default seem like likely candidates for localizations next year.

Long story short, now is a bad time to hop off the 3DS bandwagon, just as all the games are coming. I don't know everything the Vita has lined up for the next year, but I know it can't match up with what the 3DS has.

I hope you've actually played Kid Icarus. Don't knock it until you try it. It's an outstanding game, and in my opinion a must-have for every 3DS owner.

Resident Evil Revelations & Kingdom Hearts DDD are 2 games you should consider getting, but if your not
interested in them too then check the vita available/upcoming games and if you find your self interested in
3 titles at east then trade your 3DS for one.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Buy a Vita and keep the 3DS so that each time you gaze at the 3DS you'll be reminded to not commit mistakes.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I traded in my 3ds for a vita for the same reasons as you. I can say that it was a great decision as the vita is fantastic. I have uncharted, mortal kombat, ninja gaiden sigma, gravity rush, resistance burning skies and modnation racers. There's also some great mini games such as motorstorm rc and escape plan. In the future there's Littlebigplanet, Assasins creed liberation, call of duty, playstation all stars, sly thieves in time etc. Perhaps wait a few months as there will be some nice bundles around the holiday period. The Assasins creed liberation bundle looks like a good deal.

As much as it kills me to say it, because I love my Vita... No. The 3DS is the one right now with a good library of games, and a promising future. Hold on to it for now. The PSV has good games, but not many, maybe there's like a 10-20 games worth getting whereas on 3DS it's double that, and obviously the PSV is in pretty bad shape sales-wise, and if it doesn't improve anytime soon (the next year) then well, you know how most publishers will react to that, they may spend little attention on their Vita games or flat out not release any. Wait for the Vita to pick up steam and build it's catalogue some more. This should be done by 2013.