By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Looking for Gamewise Testers! Sign Up Here!

It's still a bit iffy, but character creation seems to work now.

Around the Network
Millenium said:

It's still a bit iffy, but character creation seems to work now.

That just looks like game editing, though. What are those pictures for?

Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
The Pop-Up details menu is messed up when you scroll. It makes some sort of tearing(?) effect.

Also, that big bubble on the Banner is really annoying. It messes up your picture quite a lot.

I think that bubble is to display scores, and also another image? Also, I copied a skeleton text across, but deleted words and points, expanded and added others, and changed the layout. Does that count as 'original'? And is there no way to change/delete an exsisting page, or banner, or picture? (I apologize for the bad grammar, had to hit the 3DS to write this!)

I'd say it depends on what you are writing/copyediting about... for example I copied part of the list of achievements for Endless Ocean 2 from gamefaq... but deleted most of the explanatory text and made it into more of a list format. I was only testing the page editing at the time but I don't really think anyone will have any problem with it anyway as it's now too simple to be considered copying.

I think if it's possible to do so, copying from in-game text is the best way to go about it (for example if a game has a short paragraph or stats table about each of the weapons) but for stuff that isn't detailed in the game then it will depend on the complexity of the information. In my case the Endless Ocean 2 achievements page is just a list of the names of each achievement and a few words about how to get it.... wheras if i'd copied all the other stuff like tips on how or where to get them that would be copying.

As another example I copied the short paragraph about each of the EO2 characters from the dedicated wiki.... normally that would be considered copying except that the wiki pulls the paragraph from in-game text.

For the site launch, would it be possible to move the large bubble in front of banners on game pages? Just uploaded a banner for Cloud and he's blocked almost entirely by a giant circle.

http://gamewise.co/characters/161/Cloud-Strife/Overview

MontanaHatchet said:
For the site launch, would it be possible to move the large bubble in front of banners on game pages? Just uploaded a banner for Cloud and he's blocked almost entirely by a giant circle.

I agree. The bubble is very annoying. 

I hope ioi changes it!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

I certainly hope so, I've had to flip half the banners I've uploaded to avoid that bubble. :/

TWRoO said:
Conegamer said:
NintendoPie said:
The Pop-Up details menu is messed up when you scroll. It makes some sort of tearing(?) effect.

Also, that big bubble on the Banner is really annoying. It messes up your picture quite a lot.

I think that bubble is to display scores, and also another image? Also, I copied a skeleton text across, but deleted words and points, expanded and added others, and changed the layout. Does that count as 'original'? And is there no way to change/delete an exsisting page, or banner, or picture? (I apologize for the bad grammar, had to hit the 3DS to write this!)

I'd say it depends on what you are writing/copyediting about... for example I copied part of the list of achievements for Endless Ocean 2 from gamefaq... but deleted most of the explanatory text and made it into more of a list format. I was only testing the page editing at the time but I don't really think anyone will have any problem with it anyway as it's now too simple to be considered copying.

I think if it's possible to do so, copying from in-game text is the best way to go about it (for example if a game has a short paragraph or stats table about each of the weapons) but for stuff that isn't detailed in the game then it will depend on the complexity of the information. In my case the Endless Ocean 2 achievements page is just a list of the names of each achievement and a few words about how to get it.... wheras if i'd copied all the other stuff like tips on how or where to get them that would be copying.

As another example I copied the short paragraph about each of the EO2 characters from the dedicated wiki.... normally that would be considered copying except that the wiki pulls the paragraph from in-game text.

Ah OK, this was an explanation from in-game also. I just cut out some stuff which was button-presses etc., and explained it a bit better. I also throw my weight in the 'bubble changing' argument. Make it appear when you hover over maybe?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

KylieDog said:
mysticwolf said:
what number is my userID? I wonder...

That's not so bad. 

Does anyone know if we can upload profile pictures for ourselves yet?

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

pezus said:
Will you be able to take images directly from the internet in the future? It's quite cumbersome to have to save everything and then upload.

It might be nice to have both features.  I use photo editing software to make the 810 X 245 banners (because the new Microsoft Photo Manager sucks). I would hate to have to use a photo hosting site on top of that. But it would be nice for some photos to just use them directly from the internet.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
KylieDog said:
mysticwolf said:
what number is my userID? I wonder...

That's not so bad. 

Does anyone know if we can upload profile pictures for ourselves yet?

Nope. All we can do is edit games right now.