By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if the Big 3 had the other's console?

What if Nintendo had the Vita, or Microsoft was coming out with the WiiU? Or it turned out Sony created the Wii?

With no differences to hardware, what do you think would be different? Console offerings, fanboy opinions, marketing methods, etc. Let's see what you think.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Pokemon on Vita would be orgasmic

Wii would be the lead platform on third party games.

I don't care about the names of companies. I am with Sony for what they have done/created. I wasn't into gaming during the period of the release of the PS3 so that's why I didn't have the chance to bitch about Sony screwing things up, but if Sony would had been the one to have made the Wii and those games in it, I would have told them to fuck themselves.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

d21lewis said:
Wii would be the lead platform on third party games.

not a chance, Sony would be out of the hardware business more like it

Nintendo would recieve compentent 3rd party support

and MS would be market leader by a landslide

Around the Network

Nintendo would see with the PS3 or XBOX-hardware sales at the level of the Gamecube, with all the hate from 3rd-parties.

MS or Sony with Wii-hardware would get 3rd-party-support on the other hand and would have sold around the level of the PS2. Also, there would be proper shooters on this console, that make good use of the pointing-function of the WiiMote.

Also Wii+XBOX-Live would be awesome.

The Sony 3DS would have been sold right from the start at 150$, as Sony has no problem with loss-leading console-sales. But as the games in this case make the difference, the Nintendo Vita would be selling much better than the Sony 3DS. Not as good as the Nintendo 3DS though, as the Nintendo Vita is priced higher. For the same reason the Sony 3DS would sell a bit better, than the Sony Vita does.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

What ever company has Halo is the one I would buy. I don't really care what system it is.

If Nintendo released the PS3 or 360 and had a library similar to those but with HD-era Nintendo first party titles, I'd probably still be a 'Nintendo gamer.'

If Sony had made the Sony Wii, it would have outsold the PS2 by now.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Pokemon on Vita would be orgasmic

That would be all I care about

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash