By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Black & White 2 bombed hard, only 1.6M in 2 days

Tagged games:

not bad... not good... i have no idea... i mean 1.6mil i will say it is good!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Galaki should try to get a job as an analyst.

VGChartz

It would have done better if they had released an upgraded port for 3DS. DS is dead, it's not unlike releasing an N64 game in 2002 and expecting high sales. Obviously a port from DS wouldn't look as good as ground-up 3DS games, but it still would have been something. Not to mention, probably would have increased this figure by 50% at least.

Really incredible sales. Given the turn around time for B+W 2, the statement that it was originally meant to be a third version and the fact it doesn't have a new generation of pokemon, I would say it is really comparable to the traditional third version rather than a mainline entry. So comparison to Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. All of which it has hugely beat their first weeks.

The next mainline pokemon game will be generation 6 one. Looks like this new approach of doing a numbered sequel instead of the third version is working out ridiculously well so far though. I can't wait to see what Gen 6 manages. I'm assuming they will have to go proper 3D. The first mainline 3D game should be massive.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Nintendo: doomed since 1889

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Kind of confusing to Nintendo handheld owners. They already dumped DS support more or less then boom! Here is another must have on your DS. :) Even though you can play DS games on your 3DS, why have it?....other than be able to play the other great games on it.

What do you all think full week sales will be?

Since 2 days was 1.6m, I'll say somewhere around 1.8 to 2m.

The last games were awful - an insult, actually. There were "Pokemon" that were ice cream cones, candelabras and even trash bags. It was pathetic, had no soul, and if these games are anything the same, deserve to fail. The last great Pokemon games were HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Majora said:
The last games were awful - an insult, actually. There were "Pokemon" that were ice cream cones, candelabras and even trash bags. It was pathetic, had no soul, and if these games are anything the same, deserve to fail. The last great Pokemon games were HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I guess the Black and White games were the most polarizing Pokemon games to be released so far. Imo, they were the best since the original Gold/Silver/Crystal games, especially in the innovation field (multi use TM's FTW, on-the-fly EV stats adaptation and actual hard battles, like the final Ghetsis battle). 

Some designs might have been uninspired, but each generation of pokemon had those (Grimer/Muk on Gen I rings a bell?).

Anyway, glad to see that the series is going strong, even with the first fully fledged sequel to a main pokemon generation.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I don't blame people. Even as a mad diehard hardcore pokemaniac I find it hard to excite myself too much about these games. I mean I will get them because I play them competitively and I am sure they have changed the metagame around but these kinds of minor changes are released as patches or DLC in many other games. Overall though these games look like they have been copy pasted way too much.

I only hope the 3DS pokemon games come out soon.

RolStoppable said:
Way to troll, Galaki. A bomb on the DS outsold the entire PSV software released so far within two days of sale. Give Sony a break.

loooool