By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Black & White 2 bombed hard, only 1.6M in 2 days

Tagged games:

Hijacked my thread :(

Anyway, awesome sales... but still no info on hardware.
No big push for 3DS, I guess

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Way to troll, Galaki. A bomb on the DS outsold the entire PSV software released so far within two days of sale. Give Sony a break.

At first I thought it was an exaggeration, but then I checked the charts and that´s true... Total Vita software sales barely reached 760 k so far in Japan,  Pokemon BW 2 more than doubled that figure in two days. That´s really impressing. Pokemon is still on a roll among Japanese consumers.

RolStoppable said:
rogermoore said:

At first I thought it was an exaggeration, but then I checked the charts and that´s true... Total Vita software sales barely reached 760 k so far in Japan,  Pokemon BW 2 more than doubled that figure in two days. That´s really impressing. Pokemon is still on a roll among Japanese consumers.

760k are the PSV hardware numbers. The software total is 1.35m as of June 17th. Add another 50k for the Pokémon week and it's 1.4m for the PSV and 1.6m for Pokémon.

And still two hundred thousand to spare? Digital is covered too

the only thing i'm thinking about (well besides the lol posts) is how this effected the 3DS? guess i'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Congrats to Black/White 2, I'm really looking forward to playing the game. ^_^

Will be interesting to see how the game affected hardware sales. I'm sure many people want to make use of the Pokemon AR Searcher on the 3DS.

We'll find out soon enough.

Around the Network
LevelUP said:
1.6 million is an absurdly good amount especially for a copy and paste title with minor changes. Watcha talkin bout o_O?

Black 2 and White 2 aren't a "third version" of the Black and White story. It's actually significantly different - it's a direct sequel, set two years later. Think of it as more like Gold and Silver to B/W's Red and Blue... but within the same generation, and sharing more of the original map.

Having said that, being direct sequels means that you'd expect somewhat weaker sales than B/W, since many would rather play the first game  first.

Anyway, the real point to be made is that they're selling roughly as well as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl did in their first week, as pointed out by smbu2000. And that's quite a feat for a game that isn't starting a new generation.

That's a lot better than I expected. I was expecting it to be the worst selling mainline dual-version Pokemon game in Japan by a fair margin (so, less than Fire Red/Leaf Green at 3.15 million), but it has a fairly good chance of beating that. If it keeps the same first week to lifetime ratio as Black and White did, it'll make around 3.4 million. I wouldn't put that past BW2, but it depends on how many 3DS buyers buy it mostly.

Still, 3-3.5 million seems like a plausible result. Which, while not bad, isn't exactly brilliant by Pokemon standards. Had it been a 3DS Pokemon (and not a sequel), it would most likely have been looking at somewhere between Ruby and Diamond/Peal (5-6 million). Still, a new 3DS Pokemon could still do near those levels.

Maybe now Nintendo will learn to stop being lazy, and start listening to bloggers.

Analyst: B&W2 has sold only 1.6M compared to the 14M of the original B&W. As doomed as 3DS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Why is there a part 2 is the story that important

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share