By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Black & White 2 bombed hard, only 1.6M in 2 days

Tagged games:

I don't see how this shows pokemon popularity dying.

Around the Network

Great sales. Cant believe people are saying 1.6 million sales in two days is bad. No idea what you are talking about.

Panama said:
I'm assuming it's sarcasm. But there a lot of individuals such as myself that won't be suckered into buying this game. Not until theres a price drop anyway.

As far as I know, Pokemon games almost never drop in price. I'll probably wait until there's a decent DS emulator to play these though.

1.6 million is an absurdly good amount especially for a copy and paste title with minor changes. Watcha talkin bout o_O?

Wow, excellent opening for BW2. It's the second best opening for a Pokemon game ever in Japan. It even beat out D/P and it's just a sequel. Platinum was 967k.

First week Pokemon sales (Famitsu)

GBOY Pokemon Green/Red - 109K
GBOY Pokemon Gold/Silver - 1.43m

GBA Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - 1.25m
GBA Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen - 955K

NDS Pokemon Diamand/Pearl - 1.59m
NDS Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - 1.41m
NDS Pokemon Black/White - 2.64m
NDS Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - 1.62m

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
Pesmerga7551 said:
Sold well, but the game deserves to sell like 1.6 million units in 3 months so they reinvent their same gaming model. I've been so disappointed in their inaction with the franchise. Different games are the same (story, character, etc..). I want a Pokemon Reboot. Yes, reboot. You can start by not naming the game from a color/shade. That is very annoying, and shows how stuck in the past they are. The only bad thing with that is, the story is way out-dated and the Pokemon design has gotten 10,000 times worse.

Anyways, include all Pokemon. Be creative with the main character, and situation to start his Pokemon collecting and journey to be a master. Sigh. Dunno about you guys, but I wish there was more to these Pokemon games after this much time passing. Yet they remain complaint with the same old mirror image of what they were in a different skin. And like I said before, that skin pains me when the Pokemon are far worse in design, name, and sensibility.

Well to be honest
In every Pokemon game there is more change than in every Call of Duty and that crap is selling 20+ Million Units.
They changed the graphics over the year,added new pokemon,new regions and stuff....
If something like CoD that didn't change in all that years gets those numbers a series like Pokemon deserves their numbers.

Black & White, two days: 2,6 mil,
Black & White 2, two days: 1,6 mil

Diamond/Pearl, lifetime: 18 mil
Platinum, lifetime: 7,47 mil

Looks very good so far.

Well done, Galaki.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

DS is Dead long time ago. what did you expect ?

1.6 million in 2 days - worst sales ever.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.