By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Writer of the Sales / News Articles

spurgeonryan said:
All of that will come with the new site change supposedly. Also did you contact torillian with his thread?^

Me? Which thread, I'm not aware.

Around the Network

Keep up the amazing work Trunks, your articles are always informative and interesting. ^_^

trunkswd said:
To clear one thing up, Seece leaving had nothing to do with theSource.

I just don't believe this for a second.

On another note, Source should never have been let go.

trunkswd said:
happydolphin said:
Yeah, 2 questions.

1) Is there any way we can contribute, and
2) Could we create nice threads in hopes that maybe they'll be posted as articles for the public and is there a way to point them out to you?

I hadn't thought of that. I do like that idea. Let me talk with Brett (ioi) to see what he thinks.

Sounds awesome.

An example you could give him for me personally was my vganalyze series: [01 Europe] [02 NA], I made them with that kind of thing in mind.

Much appreciated.

trunkswd said:
Carl2291 said:
trunkswd said:
To clear one thing up, Seece leaving had nothing to do with theSource.

I just don't believe this for a second.

On another note, Source should never have been let go.

It is true though. Seece had just lost interest in video game sales and has moved on with his life.

I dont believe that neither. He was obsessed with how Microsoft were doing and loved to let people know just how good they were doing. I dont think its coincidence that he left "for good" just after Sources thread + his protection leaving. Wouldnt be surprised if he's still around on an alt.

When the site split happens trunks, are you still gonna be the lone ranger on VGChartz sales team?

Around the Network

Dude, "^" refers to the post above yours. *what's wrong with you gif".

K, I'll try to find it.

MontanaHatchet said:
Well the administration tried their hardest to destroy the news section, so you are a champ for keeping it alive to some degree. Good job my friend.

Let's be honest, the news section destroyed itself.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Well the administration tried their hardest to destroy the news section, so you are a champ for keeping it alive to some degree. Good job my friend.

It was perfectly fine before the policy became quantity over quality. It didn't just implode.

MontanaHatchet said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

It was perfectly fine before the policy became quantity over quality. It didn't just implode.

That's true. But by the time it was canned, it was a terrible place.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

That's true. But by the time it was canned, it was a terrible place.

No disagreement there. We really need a team of dedicated writers making original content, and there needs to be some kind of filter so we don't just get every irrelevant article posted. Our Top 10 lists and Upcoming Games features used to be very popular, as did our E3 related editorials. Instead of just letting the news section die, we should be trying to bring in original articles and promoting them as much as possible. We have a lot of talented, brilliant people on the site.