By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Atheist Blogger converts to Catholicism...

NintendoPie said:
Millenium said:
Filth... :p

Thanks Millenium. 

<3 ^^

Around the Network

Huh, weird. If I was to convert to a Christian sect for being sustainable and plausible I probably wouldn't have picked the Catholics - who have a weird, convoluted and contradictory history.

Oh my God.

I guess the Catholics were right all along.

spurgeonryan said:
I thought this thread was about the one or runa :PpP

*shakes fist furiously*

Jay520 said:
I'm sure conversion happens quite often. What's so special about this case?

Yeah, I didn't read the article but I assume this blogger went to prision. That's where a lot of people find god.

This reminds me of those stories about people who are anti-homosexual but are actually closet homosexuals. Hence, she was probably a closet catholic from the get go.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

She did it only because she liked the moral framework?

Not because she got a sign or something that to her, personally indicated the existance of god?

What a silly reason. Still, why is this news?

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
She did it only because she liked the moral framework?

Not because she got a sign or something that to her, personally indicated the existance of god?

What a silly reason. Still, why is this news?

People convert to something along the lines of their personality, for the most part, and what they find successful.  If you look at the stories of Chesterton and C.S Lewis, you see this.  I recall one noted philosopher who converted to Christianity in his later years, for philosophical reasons.

Paul said:
Christian morals:

-snip-

Conclusion

God does not take it lightly when we ignore His Word or hinder its propagation in the world among His people. This is serious business (cf. 1 Cor 3:16-17 with 10; 11:30).

As believers, we should expect opposition. The more we move out for the Lord, the more attacks we may have to face from our adversary through his various schemes (cf. 1 Pet 4:10-12). As Paul stated it in 2 Timothy 3:12, “In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” (NIV).

We need more Elishas, those who will stand fast and act in biblical ways leaving the results to the Lord. This is precisely what Paul did in connection with the strong criticism often leveled at him by some of the Corinthians (cf. 1 Cor. 4:1f). As with Elisha and Paul, we need to move forward in our ministries while always trusting God to make a way and remove the obstacles.

Ah, I snipped the part that had nothing to do with the new testament or what most would consider where the vast majority of 'Christian morals' reside.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Oh my God.

I guess the Catholics were right all along.

now it could happen to us too!! waaahhhhh *runs away crying*

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Yea they have a name for people like that "Christian atheism", basically people that go to church and/or read the bible looking for direction in their lives, and/or the social and communal benefits but don't believe in god or believe that god is dead or absent.

Not sure why this is news, or why I even bothred comming into this thread TBH.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!