By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

Juma009 said:
Reggie is right, Ninty fans are extremely hard to please, I for one understand them for their lack of new IPs, All of us "demand: at least a Platformer Mario, a 2D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Starfox, Kirby, Animal Crossings, Punch out,in every console they release, and when they give us that, we start asking about Luigi's Mansion, Golden Sun, heck, I even read some comments asking for a 1080 snowboarding sequel, so how can there be any time for new Franchises or need? if you have about 20 healthy, solid franchises, isnt wise to keep making them?

Its not Ninty fans whom are hard to please. It's core gamers who grew out of Ninty that Reggie can't seem to break. It must be frustrating for him.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Juma009 said:
Reggie is right, Ninty fans are extremely hard to please, I for one understand them for their lack of new IPs, All of us "demand: at least a Platformer Mario, a 2D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Starfox, Kirby, Animal Crossings, Punch out,in every console they release, and when they give us that, we start asking about Luigi's Mansion, Golden Sun, heck, I even read some comments asking for a 1080 snowboarding sequel, so how can there be any time for new Franchises or need? if you have about 20 healthy, solid franchises, isnt wise to keep making them?

Its not Ninty fans whom are hard to please. It's core gamers who grew out of Ninty that Reggie can't seem to break. It must be frustrating for him.

Agreed, but Do you think its the core gamers who grew out of Nintendo asking for more and more new Nintendo games?

Juma009 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Juma009 said:

Agreed, but Do you think its the core gamers who grew out of Nintendo asking for more and more new Nintendo games?

no they  are asking for some adult game support so they can justify buying the console for more than just Nintendo games. Hence why I said they are listening to the wrong audience. They should be listening to the ones who left what on top of Nintendo games do they need to satisfy their needs.

There is many people asking for adult games on Nintendo, but all they get out of that is a spec of noise pikimi in between the "WE WANT ADULT GAMES"

Juma009 said:
Cobretti2 said:

FIRSTLY thanks guys for turning this in 40 new posts of console wars.

Juma009 said:

Juma, the problem is theat all these people cry about games they know will be coming anyway. They wasting their efforts. Like this years E3 everyone in the live chat on the side o fthe video, where is ZELDA. ZEDLA blah blah blah ZELDA. Like common guys they showed us zelda last E3.

What Nintendo really failed on again is showing 3rd party support. From what we knwo atm it would appear there isn't much. This is what Nintendo fans should care about, especially if they cannot afford more than one console. The other problem is a lot of fans (NOT  ALL) are pissed of with 3rd party for their shit efforts on Wii so they bluntly refuse to support them completely even when a decent game arrvies from one or two of them. By blanket blocking every 3rd party all it does is hurt the games of that platform as it does not give any reason for 3rd party to come back if a decent effort game sells poorly.

Thing is, I for one do not expect Nintendo to have the massive third party support we are all  wishing for, I will give you my reasons,

1) Nintendo seems to have found their way back into top of the marketshare by aiming to their loyalist and the casual audience, why would they drift away from that? if Third parties join the party, Great! if not, Nintendo has survived 3 consoles without them. so this attitude can be blamed on Nintendo.

2) Third parties are always skeptical about Nintendo consoles, in my opinion they have doubts about investing big  on Nintendo since its those Nintendo's first party game that just get massive sells so I guess Nintendo is their biggest competitor on a Nintendo console.  for example, I remember reading somewhere where Warren Spector (might be wrong on the spelling) said that if Epic Mickey would have not been released around the same time as Donkey Kong Country Returns its sales would have doubled. My answer to this is put a better product out.

3)Finally, the fans are a big part of the problem, seriously, games such as Mad World, Zack and Wiki, Okami, Monter Hunter Tri , Red Steel saga, Muramasa, A boy and his Blob, FF Crystal Bearers, Sakura Wars, So Long my love, No More Heroes,  ect, deserved much better sales, to me all these games are over 8/10 rate. so us fans failed at this too. thee games deserved purchases at full retail price, not pre-owned at Gamestop.

To be honest, out of the 11 or so 3rd party titles you mentioned, I would expect none of them to surpass the sales they actually achieved. Red Steel and MH3 did great relatively speaking. The rest utilize artstyles so far out there that they cannot possibly sell at a mainstream/million plus level. For pete's sake, Madworld was in black and white...Sakura Wars received nothing in terms of Western promotion, and only gamers looking really hard would have ever heard of it.

Simply put, if we do not want to buy a game, it is because it is not good enough to meet the needs of what people feel is requred of a videogame. Also, maybe we just never heard of the game, which in the Wiis 3rd party case, happened like 90% of the time.... You cannot blame the consumer for not buying a product.Epic Mickey was above average at best and sold very well (2.25m+ right?) Warren Spector really has no right to say that, especially if his game didn't exceed the quality of DKC Returns.

Third parties always have an excuse as to why they do not want to support Nintendo... I personally do not want to buy more than one console, so that is the only reason I would wish for 3rd party games on my Wii U. I CAN live without them though.

We are only individuals, but if companies do not do what you want, you do not have to support them with your dollars. For example, I would purchase at least 1 game from THQ for full price every year from 2000-2005 (WWE games), but once they stopped making those, I have not given THQ a cent since.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Cobretti2 said:
Juma009 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Juma009 said:

no they  are asking for some adult game support so they can justify buying the console for more than just Nintendo games. Hence why I said they are listening to the wrong audience. They should be listening to the ones who left what on top of Nintendo games do they need to satisfy their needs.

There is many people asking for adult games on Nintendo, but all they get out of that is a spec of noise pikimi in between the "WE WANT ADULT GAMES

All I can say is that if a gamer is looking for good adult theme games a Nintendo console is not the way to go, I guess Nintendo is more focused on pleasing their fanbase and what that fanbase demands if Internet forums and surveys are correct is more additions to their franchises, is it a mistake? time will tell.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Juma009 said:
Cobretti2 said:

FIRSTLY thanks guys for turning this in 40 new posts of console wars.

Juma009 said:

Juma, the problem is theat all these people cry about games they know will be coming anyway. They wasting their efforts. Like this years E3 everyone in the live chat on the side o fthe video, where is ZELDA. ZEDLA blah blah blah ZELDA. Like common guys they showed us zelda last E3.

What Nintendo really failed on again is showing 3rd party support. From what we knwo atm it would appear there isn't much. This is what Nintendo fans should care about, especially if they cannot afford more than one console. The other problem is a lot of fans (NOT  ALL) are pissed of with 3rd party for their shit efforts on Wii so they bluntly refuse to support them completely even when a decent game arrvies from one or two of them. By blanket blocking every 3rd party all it does is hurt the games of that platform as it does not give any reason for 3rd party to come back if a decent effort game sells poorly.

Thing is, I for one do not expect Nintendo to have the massive third party support we are all  wishing for, I will give you my reasons,

1) Nintendo seems to have found their way back into top of the marketshare by aiming to their loyalist and the casual audience, why would they drift away from that? if Third parties join the party, Great! if not, Nintendo has survived 3 consoles without them. so this attitude can be blamed on Nintendo.

2) Third parties are always skeptical about Nintendo consoles, in my opinion they have doubts about investing big  on Nintendo since its those Nintendo's first party game that just get massive sells so I guess Nintendo is their biggest competitor on a Nintendo console.  for example, I remember reading somewhere where Warren Spector (might be wrong on the spelling) said that if Epic Mickey would have not been released around the same time as Donkey Kong Country Returns its sales would have doubled. My answer to this is put a better product out.

3)Finally, the fans are a big part of the problem, seriously, games such as Mad World, Zack and Wiki, Okami, Monter Hunter Tri , Red Steel saga, Muramasa, A boy and his Blob, FF Crystal Bearers, Sakura Wars, So Long my love, No More Heroes,  ect, deserved much better sales, to me all these games are over 8/10 rate. so us fans failed at this too. thee games deserved purchases at full retail price, not pre-owned at Gamestop.

To be honest, out of the 11 or so 3rd party titles you mentioned, I would expect none of them to surpass the sales they actually achieved. Red Steel and MH3 did great relatively speaking. The rest utilize artstyles so far out there that they cannot possibly sell at a mainstream/million plus level. For pete's sake, Madworld was in black and white...Sakura Wars received nothing in terms of Western promotion, and only gamers looking really hard would have ever heard of it.

Simply put, if we do not want to buy a game, it is because it is not good enough to meet the needs of what people feel is requred of a videogame. Also, maybe we just never heard of the game, which in the Wiis 3rd party case, happened like 90% of the time.... You cannot blame the consumer for not buying a product.Epic Mickey was above average at best and sold very well (2.25m+ right?) Warren Spector really has no right to say that, especially if his game didn't exceed the quality of DKC Returns.

Third parties always have an excuse as to why they do not want to support Nintendo... I personally do not want to buy more than one console, so that is the only reason I would wish for 3rd party games on my Wii U. I CAN live without them though.

We are only individuals, but if companies do not do what you want, you do not have to support them with your dollars. For example, I would purchase at least 1 game from THQ for full price every year from 2000-2005 (WWE games), but once they stopped making those, I have not given THQ a cent since.

I guess the quality of those games are our opinions and I respect yours, but can we agree that all 3 parts of the issue have somewhat to blame? Ninty, third parties and fans? Overall, I am fine with how things turned out in this Generaion, I got used to the idea of having a Nintendo console just for Ninty games and I buy the others consoles pre-owned or on sale to play a game I really want to play. Will Wii U bring back the so called "hardcore" gamers to Nintendo? (if you are a hardcore then at some point you owned a Ninty console)  who knows, but if all we end up needing is 1 console, then what will we write about here? XD

Significant_leap said:
The Gamecube is the best console ever
Metroid prime, Zelda WW and Resident evil series say hi

I am not sure how people can forget so easily how depressingly bad the Gamecube era was; it was a time when even Nintendo's handheld systems were killing their Home Console market in terms of games released. The most exciting games on Gamecube were a cartoonish Zelda that was a step down from the previous Zeldas, Metroid games that cloned Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Dreamcast & Resident Evil ports, and Pikmin; that should tell you something.

To top it off, while all other Nintendo home consoles advanced the industry, the GameCube became the one home console where Nintendo didn't bring anything new or innovative to the table; they just released PS2 jr. A PS2 that was more appealing to children with its purple lunchbox shape and big green button controller.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

homer said:
Player1x3 said:
homer said:
o_O.Q said:
homer said:
o_O.Q said:

Off the top of my head, Infamous and Uncharted. I remember when I got that game, I was convinced that they were made by the same dev. The controls are extremely similar. Circle equals cover and roll. Same way of shooting. Same sticky fingers platforming. Also, look at how many direct sequels were made. If Nintendo were like sony, we would have had DKCR 1 2 and 3 by now. Same with Mario. We would have had more Metroids too. In fact, I wish that we could have more sequels on Nintendo consoles as long as we don't go Sony's route and sacrifice quality for the sake of pumping out sequels.

homer said:

lol really? infamous and uncharted? you mean these 2 games right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX4tRgKFdbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jLv6pR6ZSk

dkcr and nsmb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVq7XNV7K0w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxgn9cRBeGU

sm almost 20 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnzqi0zwZIU

sorry but i wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion

"If Nintendo were like sony, we would have had DKCR 1 2 and 3 by now"

weren't three mario games just announced at E3?

I'm not going to bother clicking you links because I've played both games and platinumed 4 of the 5 and can say with full confidence yes, they play remarkibly similar especially in the beginning.  As for your second pair of links, I have played and beaten both games and yes, both play remarkably similarly. To be fair, there was no infamous 20 years ago nor were that many if any relevant 3d shooter games and especially not 3d shooter sandboxes. Also, Nintendo skipped two generations of 2d mario, so I don't see why you posting that video is relevant unless you are trying to say that 2d games haven't changed the way they play at which point I would say, "You don't say?"Also, they only released one 2d mario on the ds and wii despite them selling extremely well. You can't deny that had that been sony, we would have been subjected to a trilogy or more of games. Look at Gran Turismo. They can't crank them out fast enough, so instead they resort to selling you demos lol.  As for 3 Mario games. What is the third one? I know of the wiiu one and the 3ds one but both were announced way before e3 and are on different platforms. I assume the third isn't even in the same genre but whatever.

yeah i can see how being a superhero who can fly, glide, zip line to objects in addition to a plethora of other abilities can be likened to an adventurer who has no such powers... whatever its your opinion

"You can't deny that had that been sony, we would have been subjected to a trilogy or more of games. Look at Gran Turismo. They can't crank them out fast enough, so instead they resort to selling you demos lol."

the funny bit about this is that you wind up contradicting your own point lol

"What is the third one?"

paper mario which is i agree different to the other 2

The way to compare them is very misleading. What if I were to say, yeah, an italian plumber clearly is similar to an ape in a tie. -_- A slow gorilla is a whole lot like an agile plumber. The similarities in gameplay are obvious to those who have played both whether it be between DK and Mario or infamous and Uncharted. You have to remember, how much real variance can you have in a 2d side scroller? Everything separating Uncharted and Infamous is minor considering the fact that they handle nearly identically.  Platforming is Identical, shooting mechanics are identical. One can zap stuff, the other uses gun. Ooooh. Clearly there is a HUGE difference. -_-

I made a generalization. Of course there are exceptions. I just pointed it out so you didn't have to and I pointed out how even though they couldn't crank out a trilogy, they made sure to sucker 4 million people into buying a demo of a project. Imo, I think it would have reflected better on sony had they just released a trilogy instead of charging for a demo.

Also wasn't announced at e3 but a while back but that fact doesn't really matter considering you admitted that your quip about 3 mario games was misleading.

Italian plumber jumps and runs from left to right to reach an end to a linear 2D level.

Ape in a tie jumps and runs from left to right to reach an end to a linear 2D level.

One has countless superpowers, karmic choices, open world sandbox, side missions, upgrades, XP, USG, separate endings, complete freedom

Other discovers treasures, shoots from cover, has meele scriped events, linear story, linear levels, same outcomes, action sequences., huge attention to detail.

the ONLY, i repeat THE ONLY similaraty between the 2 is that you press L1 to aim. Thats it !

The only things Infamous truly has over Uncharted is a flawed karma system and an open world. You fail to see how insignificant the rest are when the games play fundamentally the same. Also, freedom in a cage lol? Uncharted's cage is just much smaller lol.

BOTH have treasures(blast shards much?) Have totally different value and point than treasures. Learn the difference between collectables (which almost every game has) and just treasures

BOTH are third person shooters One shoots bullets from cover, cilmbs, and performs meele attacks. the other fires bolts, lighting strikes, magnitude bombs, shoots fire bombs, ice shields, drains electricity, rides on train rails, flies, hoovers, climbs

BOTH have cover systems In which one game its an important game mechanic which takes about 1/3 of entire gameplay, and in the other, its almost non existent

BOTH have scripted events Just like every game. Infamous is open world btw

BOTH have action sequences Just like every game.

BOTH have QTE's They are barely there in Infamous. That's like saying Dark Souls and Mario are similar because in DkS you have to jump once or twice

Your grasping at straws here bud and some of your post is an outright lie. Lol, you're the one to talk

I don't see how being graphically different matters when you yourself said art style doesn't matter. That's a contradiction isn't it?

When have i said anything about being graphically different???

Shooting mechanics are pretty much the same. Platforming mechanics ARE the same. The rest of the differences are minute at best when you realize they play exactly the same.

No, they are not the same. Cole has much more mobility and flexibility than Drake. Im yet to see Drake firing a thunder strike and taking out the entire street. If by ''same'' you mean you have to hold the button for aim sight to appear, than pretty much every shooters are same. In platforming, again, Cole is much more flexible and mobile than Drake. Not to mention platforming in Uncharted is million times more linear

For the record, o never said Mario and DK aren't similar, you clearly assumed I did. 'm just saying, don't point you finger because every time you, 3 more are pointing back at you.(cheesy, but relevant)

Im arguing that Uncharted and Infamous are 2 completely different series. You suggested they aren't

Lastly, regardless of whether or not you will see the numerous similarites, I think you are misinterpretting what I was trying to say because I didn't hammer it in so I will put it bluntly. Sony doesn't need many franchises with the same exact gameplay because they release multiple sequels over a relatively short period of time.

Wait is Reggie actually pissed that I want to spend money on thier products...da fuq

Juma009 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Juma009 said:

I don't really think they are asking very much from Nintendo at all to tell you the truth. New mature third party IP's would definitely help Nintendos cause with these gamers though. It will help Nintendo bridge the huge third party gap they created with Nintendo Wii and GC. As I said before Rare was Nintendos mature lifeline because Nintendo doesn't seem to care to specialize in such things. They need a Rare type company who can specialize in any genre and do anything. Rare never stuck to one genre which is what made them so amazing and such a draw to Nintendo, Rare got them through especially when they lost a ton of gamers to Sony.