By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

VicViper said:

I wanted a White 3DS XL Reggie!

lol Reggie must have read this post.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Nintendo would have won just by teasing the 3DS XL at e3.
Anyway, Nintendo direct was 800% superior - one hour full of games, no bullshit!

You mean japanese Nintendo Direct, the american one was just average, very good for 3DS awful for Wii.

UltimateUnknown said:
VicViper said:

Why? Still no White 3DS XL in the us :(

And will never, Reggie. People forget that as a consumer they have the option to simply not buy and look elsewhere, instead of complain on internet forums.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

milkyjoe said:
I would ask how Ratchet & Clank/Jak & Daxter/Sly Cooper differ from each other any more than Mario/DK/Kirby.

I haven't played any Nintendo's games long enough to comment, but as far as Ratchet, Jak and Sly go, they vary a fair bit.

Ratchet games involve linear levels with normally two objectives one level (so one would be getting a holo map or something, while the other is getting to the skateboard ring). There are also loads of weapon choices in the game.
Sly games have a hub area and each mission can be accessd from there, think GTA style, but weapons are very different and you only really have one for each character. Yeah you control multiple characters too :P
Jak is a mix of the two with more weapon choices than Sly but less than Ratchet, but it has the GTA open world hub style of Sly too.

Overall they all play fairly differently, with Ratchet and Jak being fairly close, but Sly being VERY different.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
UltimateUnknown said:
VicViper said:

Hahaha lol Reggie must have also seen this message before it was posted while making the comments in the OP. We could add a bit to the op:

Reggie: Fans (aka VicViper) asked for bigger, better 3DS and we say here you have it, the 3DS XL with 90% bigger screens and better battery life. And they say "Where's the white 3DS and double analogue sticks?"

Truly the hardcore fans are tough to please indeed.

UltimateUnknown said:
VicViper said:
UltimateUnknown said:
VicViper said:

Hahaha lol Reggie must have also seen this message before it was posted while making the comments in the OP. We could add a bit to the op:

Reggie: Fans (aka VicViper) asked for bigger, better 3DS and we say here you have it, the 3DS XL with 90% bigger screens and better battery life. And they say "Where's the white 3DS and double analogue sticks?"

Truly the hardcore fans are tough to please indeed.

Nah, I was actually kidding.

While I would have preferred the White, I'll get the blue at launch. Not as good, but it's ok.

Even though the red one is looking each time sexier and sexier... but my 3DS is already red :( ! Damn you, Reggie!

TeddostheFireKing said:
milkyjoe said:
I would ask how Ratchet & Clank/Jak & Daxter/Sly Cooper differ from each other any more than Mario/DK/Kirby.

I haven't played any Nintendo's games long enough to comment, but as far as Ratchet, Jak and Sly go, they vary a fair bit.

Ratchet games involve linear levels with normally two objectives one level (so one would be getting a holo map or something, while the other is getting to the skateboard ring). There are also loads of weapon choices in the game.
Sly games have a hub area and each mission can be accessd from there, think GTA style, but weapons are very different and you only really have one for each character. Yeah you control multiple characters too :P
Jak is a mix of the two with more weapon choices than Sly but less than Ratchet, but it has the GTA open world hub style of Sly too.

Overall they all play fairly differently, with Ratchet and Jak being fairly close, but Sly being VERY different.

I know how different they are. I also know how different Mario/DK/Kirby are. The question was more rhetorical than anything else.

The point was made that at the most basic level, they are essentially the same, but I believe that that is a redundant argument that could be levelled at a whole host of games from a wide variety of developers. It is true that they all share the same roots (and I mean all of the games mentioned, not just the Nintendo or Sony ones), regardless of the fact that they are very different when you look beyond the most basic fundamentals (Sly is more about stealth, DKCR has more in common with Rayman Origins than it does with Mario, etc, etc...).

Platformers are my favourite genre so I can appreciate the subtle differences between them more than someone who is less enthusiastic about the genre would, in the same way that people who love FPS will argue the difference in style between Halo and Killzone despite them having similar roots again, yet as I'm not an FPS fan, I don't see the same number of differences there, but that doesn't mean I can't imagine they are there.

VGChartz

FIRSTLY thanks guys for turning this in 40 new posts of console wars.

Juma009 said:
Reggie is right, Ninty fans are extremely hard to please, I for one understand them for their lack of new IPs, All of us "demand: at least a Platformer Mario, a 2D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Starfox, Kirby, Animal Crossings, Punch out,in every console they release, and when they give us that, we start asking about Luigi's Mansion, Golden Sun, heck, I even read some comments asking for a 1080 snowboarding sequel, so how can there be any time for new Franchises or need? if you have about 20 healthy, solid franchises, isnt wise to keep making them?

Juma, the problem is theat all these people cry about games they know will be coming anyway. They wasting their efforts. Like this years E3 everyone in the live chat on the side o fthe video, where is ZELDA. ZEDLA blah blah blah ZELDA. Like common guys they showed us zelda last E3.

What Nintendo really failed on again is showing 3rd party support. From what we knwo atm it would appear there isn't much. This is what Nintendo fans should care about, especially if they cannot afford more than one console. The other problem is a lot of fans (NOT  ALL) are pissed of with 3rd party for their shit efforts on Wii so they bluntly refuse to support them completely even when a decent game arrvies from one or two of them. By blanket blocking every 3rd party all it does is hurt the games of that platform as it does not give any reason for 3rd party to come back if a decent effort game sells poorly.

Cobretti2 said:

FIRSTLY thanks guys for turning this in 40 new posts of console wars.

Juma009 said:
Reggie is right, Ninty fans are extremely hard to please, I for one understand them for their lack of new IPs, All of us "demand: at least a Platformer Mario, a 2D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Starfox, Kirby, Animal Crossings, Punch out,in every console they release, and when they give us that, we start asking about Luigi's Mansion, Golden Sun, heck, I even read some comments asking for a 1080 snowboarding sequel, so how can there be any time for new Franchises or need? if you have about 20 healthy, solid franchises, isnt wise to keep making them?

Juma, the problem is theat all these people cry about games they know will be coming anyway. They wasting their efforts. Like this years E3 everyone in the live chat on the side o fthe video, where is ZELDA. ZEDLA blah blah blah ZELDA. Like common guys they showed us zelda last E3.

What Nintendo really failed on again is showing 3rd party support. From what we knwo atm it would appear there isn't much. This is what Nintendo fans should care about, especially if they cannot afford more than one console. The other problem is a lot of fans (NOT  ALL) are pissed of with 3rd party for their shit efforts on Wii so they bluntly refuse to support them completely even when a decent game arrvies from one or two of them. By blanket blocking every 3rd party all it does is hurt the games of that platform as it does not give any reason for 3rd party to come back if a decent effort game sells poorly.

Thing is, I for one do not expect Nintendo to have the massive third party support we are all  wishing for, I will give you my reasons,

1) Nintendo seems to have found their way back into top of the marketshare by aiming to their loyalist and the casual audience, why would they drift away from that? if Third parties join the party, Great! if not, Nintendo has survived 3 consoles without them. so this attitude can be blamed on Nintendo.

2) Third parties are always skeptical about Nintendo consoles, in my opinion they have doubts about investing big  on Nintendo since its those Nintendo's first party game that just get massive sells so I guess Nintendo is their biggest competitor on a Nintendo console.  for example, I remember reading somewhere where Warren Spector (might be wrong on the spelling) said that if Epic Mickey would have not been released around the same time as Donkey Kong Country Returns its sales would have doubled. My answer to this is put a better product out.

3)Finally, the fans are a big part of the problem, seriously, games such as Mad World, Zack and Wiki, Okami, Monter Hunter Tri , Red Steel saga, Muramasa, A boy and his Blob, FF Crystal Bearers, Sakura Wars, So Long my love, No More Heroes,  ect, deserved much better sales, to me all these games are over 8/10 rate. so us fans failed at this too. thee games deserved purchases at full retail price, not pre-owned at Gamestop.