By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never seem to satisfy fans

Is Heavenly Sword Sony's ip, if so then GoW and Heavenly Sword are pretty similar if Dk and Mario are.

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
Is Heavenly Sword Sony's ip, if so then GoW and Heavenly Sword are pretty similar if Dk and Mario are.

Heavenly Sword was similar to GOW but was definitely its own experience. The six axis gaming was a huge part of it.

I would ask how Ratchet & Clank/Jak & Daxter/Sly Cooper differ from each other any more than Mario/DK/Kirby.

VGChartz

homer said:

The only things Infamous truly has over Uncharted is a flawed karma system and an open world. You fail to see how insignificant the rest are when the games play fundamentally the same. Also, freedom in a cage lol? Uncharted's cage is just much smaller lol.

BOTH have treasures(blast shards much?) Like just about every game... collectables are extremely common.

BOTH are third person shooters A stretch to call either a shooter

BOTH have cover systems Incredibly common in games

BOTH have scripted events ^

BOTH have action sequences ^

BOTH have QTE's ^

How about uncharted being incredibly linear whilst Infamous being open world? 

How about the Cole having super human powers and Drake being a normal dude?

How about the morality system in infamous? That's a massive feature, nothing like it in Uncharted.

Online cooperative and competitive multiplayer in uncharted, not in Infamous.

User generated levels in Infamous, not in Uncharted.

Your grasping at straws here bud and some of your post is an outright lie.

I don't see how being graphically different matters when you yourself said art style doesn't matter. That's a contradiction isn't it?

Shooting mechanics are pretty much the same. Platforming mechanics ARE the same. The rest of the differences are minute at best when you realize they play exactly the same.

For the record, o never said Mario and DK aren't similar, you clearly assumed I did. 'm just saying, don't point you finger because every time you, 3 more are pointing back at you.(cheesy, but relevant)

Lastly, regardless of whether or not you will see the numerous similarites, I think you are misinterpretting what I was trying to say because I didn't hammer it in so I will put it bluntly. Sony doesn't need many franchises with the same exact gameplay because they release multiple sequels over a relatively short period of time.

o_O.Q said:
homer said:

yeah i can see how being a superhero who can fly, glide, zip line to objects in addition to a plethora of other abilities can be likened to an adventurer who has no such powers... whatever its your opinion

"You can't deny that had that been sony, we would have been subjected to a trilogy or more of games. Look at Gran Turismo. They can't crank them out fast enough, so instead they resort to selling you demos lol."

the funny bit about this is that you wind up contradicting your own point lol

"What is the third one?"

paper mario which is i agree different to the other 2

o_O.Q said:

The way to compare them is very misleading. What if I were to say, yeah, an italian plumber clearly is similar to an ape in a tie. -_- A slow gorilla is a whole lot like an agile plumber. The similarities in gameplay are obvious to those who have played both whether it be between DK and Mario or infamous and Uncharted. You have to remember, how much real variance can you have in a 2d side scroller? Everything separating Uncharted and Infamous is minor considering the fact that they handle nearly identically.  Platforming is Identical, shooting mechanics are identical. One can zap stuff, the other uses gun. Ooooh. Clearly there is a HUGE difference. -_-

I made a generalization. Of course there are exceptions. I just pointed it out so you didn't have to and I pointed out how even though they couldn't crank out a trilogy, they made sure to sucker 4 million people into buying a demo of a project. Imo, I think it would have reflected better on sony had they just released a trilogy instead of charging for a demo.

Also wasn't announced at e3 but a while back but that fact doesn't really matter considering you admitted that your quip about 3 mario games was misleading.

"Platforming is Identical, shooting mechanics are identical."

simply put wrong and regardless is platforming and shooting all there is to infamous?

by the middle of infamous 2 i didn't even have to climb buildings 

and at about 75% when i got the lightning tether if i needed to get to the top of a building i'd simply grapple myself up 

are you sure you payed the game? or maybe its that you didn't understand how to play?

in terms of shooting i could name tons of ways that cole's powers allowed for taking out enemies that are nonexistant in uncharted some involving shooting and others not involving shooting

but of course because you're trying to make a point ( that really makes no sense at all ) all of cole's powers can be condensed to "zapping stuff" lmfao

"they made sure to sucker 4 million people into buying a demo of a project"

the game released had a lot of content and was sold at a discounted price... so i don't get your point, its up to the consumer to determine if the product is valuable enough to warrant a purchase and obvious 4 mil did

edit : "I made a generalization. Of course there are exceptions"

to say exceptions implies that there were many trilogies this gen... how many were there in reality compared to franchises that got 2 or less entries?

1. No. You are wrong. Shooting really is all you can do in Infamous. What are you going to do? Explore? Mess around with the tacked on UGC content? Hardly worth you time. Side missions are cool, but Uncharted has more than enough chapters as is.

2.) Well, 1/4 of the franchise you didn't have to climb buildings. Good for you sport. Well for the rest, you did, and boy was the climbing exactly like Uncharted. And I mean, exactly. I platinumed both and if you want proof, check out the trophy league for my name.

3.) No you can't. Pretty much every power Cole has, Drake has a weapon for lol. You just are shocked(pun!) by the lightning. Rockets? Done. Grenades? Done. Fast shock? Machine gun. Slow powerful shock? Shotgun. Blast wave and Electrical storm type moves? Give you that one. For the most part, it translates to Uncharted's weapons lol. I don't see how you don't see that.

4.) I'm glad you didn't even bother to really defend sony's choice to sell demos.

5.) Lastly, I'm not Jesus. I can't heal the blind. If you haven't seen the numerous trilogies, then you are blind. I will post a few horizontally so my post will not be too long. (just off the top of my head). I will separate the ones sony did and the ones others did btw so you can't claim BS when I post it because you made it seem like you wanted the entire this gen by saying this gen. As for comparison of those without trilogies, I don't know? Too many games fail to reach any relevant amount of sales and too many are released for me to notice them all.

Sony: Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, and I'm hesitant to put Killzone and Infamous because while I potentially see another Killzone, it may be ps4 and Infamous' ending was rather ambiguous but it implied that the franchise may go in some form after the good ending but rather or not that will be for the ps3 is also unknown.

Everyone else(the actual list would probably be longer): Lost Planet, Gears of War, Forza, Assassins Creed, Modern Warfare, Bioshock, Halo, Mass Effect, Saint Row, Fable, and others but these are just the ones off the top of my head.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
homer said:

The only things Infamous truly has over Uncharted is a flawed karma system and an open world. You fail to see how insignificant the rest are when the games play fundamentally the same. Also, freedom in a cage lol? Uncharted's cage is just much smaller lol.

BOTH have treasures(blast shards much?) Like just about every game... collectables are extremely common.

BOTH are third person shooters A stretch to call either a shooter

BOTH have cover systems Incredibly common in games

BOTH have scripted events ^

BOTH have action sequences ^

BOTH have QTE's ^

How about uncharted being incredibly linear whilst Infamous being open world? 

How about the Cole having super human powers and Drake being a normal dude?

How about the morality system in infamous? That's a massive feature, nothing like it in Uncharted.

Online cooperative and competitive multiplayer in uncharted, not in Infamous.

User generated levels in Infamous, not in Uncharted.

Your grasping at straws here bud and some of your post is an outright lie.

I don't see how being graphically different matters when you yourself said art style doesn't matter. That's a contradiction isn't it?

Shooting mechanics are pretty much the same. Platforming mechanics ARE the same. The rest of the differences are minute at best when you realize they play exactly the same.

For the record, o never said Mario and DK aren't similar, you clearly assumed I did. 'm just saying, don't point you finger because every time you, 3 more are pointing back at you.(cheesy, but relevant)

Lastly, regardless of whether or not you will see the numerous similarites, I think you are misinterpretting what I was trying to say because I didn't hammer it in so I will put it bluntly. Sony doesn't need many franchises with the same exact gameplay because they release multiple sequels over a relatively short period of time.

First of all, he claimed infamous didn't have some of those things, when clearly they did. Most games on the HD consoles have them too. What does that say about their library? It says that most of their games are very similar. To be fair, not all of the uncharted's have multiplayer, and half of the Infamous games don't have UGC but you are missing the point. The gameplay is extremely similar, which is what we are arguing. He acts like the fact that one is a superhero shows they are extremely different when i would argue that an ape is more different than a plumber than a superhero is from Indiana Jones lol. It seems to me like you are focusing on such minor cosmetic differences that don't alter fundamental gameplay here.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

milkyjoe said:
I would ask how Ratchet & Clank/Jak & Daxter/Sly Cooper differ from each other any more than Mario/DK/Kirby.

Another great example. People see what they want to see sometimes I guess.

homer said:
o_O.Q said:
homer said:

yeah i can see how being a superhero who can fly, glide, zip line to objects in addition to a plethora of other abilities can be likened to an adventurer who has no such powers... whatever its your opinion

"You can't deny that had that been sony, we would have been subjected to a trilogy or more of games. Look at Gran Turismo. They can't crank them out fast enough, so instead they resort to selling you demos lol."

the funny bit about this is that you wind up contradicting your own point lol

"What is the third one?"

paper mario which is i agree different to the other 2

o_O.Q said:

The way to compare them is very misleading. What if I were to say, yeah, an italian plumber clearly is similar to an ape in a tie. -_- A slow gorilla is a whole lot like an agile plumber. The similarities in gameplay are obvious to those who have played both whether it be between DK and Mario or infamous and Uncharted. You have to remember, how much real variance can you have in a 2d side scroller? Everything separating Uncharted and Infamous is minor considering the fact that they handle nearly identically.  Platforming is Identical, shooting mechanics are identical. One can zap stuff, the other uses gun. Ooooh. Clearly there is a HUGE difference. -_-

I made a generalization. Of course there are exceptions. I just pointed it out so you didn't have to and I pointed out how even though they couldn't crank out a trilogy, they made sure to sucker 4 million people into buying a demo of a project. Imo, I think it would have reflected better on sony had they just released a trilogy instead of charging for a demo.

Also wasn't announced at e3 but a while back but that fact doesn't really matter considering you admitted that your quip about 3 mario games was misleading.

"Platforming is Identical, shooting mechanics are identical."

simply put wrong and regardless is platforming and shooting all there is to infamous?

by the middle of infamous 2 i didn't even have to climb buildings 

and at about 75% when i got the lightning tether if i needed to get to the top of a building i'd simply grapple myself up 

are you sure you payed the game? or maybe its that you didn't understand how to play?

in terms of shooting i could name tons of ways that cole's powers allowed for taking out enemies that are nonexistant in uncharted some involving shooting and others not involving shooting

but of course because you're trying to make a point ( that really makes no sense at all ) all of cole's powers can be condensed to "zapping stuff" lmfao

"they made sure to sucker 4 million people into buying a demo of a project"

the game released had a lot of content and was sold at a discounted price... so i don't get your point, its up to the consumer to determine if the product is valuable enough to warrant a purchase and obvious 4 mil did

edit : "I made a generalization. Of course there are exceptions"

to say exceptions implies that there were many trilogies this gen... how many were there in reality compared to franchises that got 2 or less entries?

1. No. You are wrong. Shooting really is all you can do in Infamous. What are you going to do? Explore? Mess around with the tacked on UGC content? Hardly worth you time. Side missions are cool, but Uncharted has more than enough chapters as is.

2.) Well, 1/4 of the franchise you didn't have to climb buildings. Good for you sport. Well for the rest, you did, and boy was the climbing exactly like Uncharted. And I mean, exactly. I platinumed both and if you want proof, check out the trophy league for my name.

3.) No you can't. Pretty much every power Cole has, Drake has a weapon for lol. You just are shocked(pun!) by the lightning. Rockets? Done. Grenades? Done. Fast shock? Machine gun. Slow powerful shock? Shotgun. Blast wave and Electrical storm type moves? Give you that one. For the most part, it translates to Uncharted's weapons lol. I don't see how you don't see that.

4.) I'm glad you didn't even bother to really defend sony's choice to sell demos.

5.) Lastly, I'm not Jesus. I can't heal the blind. If you haven't seen the numerous trilogies, then you are blind. I will post a few horizontally so my post will not be too long. (just off the top of my head). I will separate the ones sony did and the ones others did btw so you can't claim BS when I post it because you made it seem like you wanted the entire this gen by saying this gen. As for comparison of those without trilogies, I don't know? Too many games fail to reach any relevant amount of sales and too many are released for me to notice them all.

Sony: Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, and I'm hesitant to put Killzone and Infamous because while I potentially see another Killzone, it may be ps4 and Infamous' ending was rather ambiguous but it implied that the franchise may go in some form after the good ending but rather or not that will be for the ps3 is also unknown.

Everyone else(the actual list would probably be longer): Lost Planet, Gears of War, Forza, Assassins Creed, Modern Warfare, Bioshock, Halo, Mass Effect, Saint Row, Fable, and others but these are just the ones off the top of my head.

"Shooting really is all you can do in Infamous."

lol and with that point i'm done debating uncharted/infamous as you obviously don't intend to make sense

i mean't sony games so what is that? 6? ok lbp, heavy rain, starhawk, gran turismo, the last guardian, etc and thats not counting killzone,infamous, move and psn games

my point was just that to say that the majority of games were trilogies may not be accurate

homer said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

First of all, he claimed infamous didn't have some of those things, when clearly they did. Most games on the HD consoles have them too. What does that say about their library? It says that most of their games are very similar. To be fair, not all of the uncharted's have multiplayer, and half of the Infamous games don't have UGC but you are missing the point. The gameplay is extremely similar, which is what we are arguing. He acts like the fact that one is a superhero shows they are extremely different when i would argue that an ape is more different than a plumber than a superhero is from Indiana Jones lol. It seems to me like you are focusing on such minor cosmetic differences that don't alter fundamental gameplay here.

An open world, a morality system and drastic combat technique differences are not cosmetic difference at all.

When Nathan Drake can magically blow people and cars metres in the air and absorb electricity to eject it from his hands (along with fire and ice) I'll accept that the gameplay is similar. The platforming is similar, the melee combat is... kinda similar... but that's about it really. As a whole, the gameplay feels very different, you're doing very different things and using very different tactics to defeat enemies.

o_O.Q said:

homer said:

"Shooting really is all you can do in Infamous."

lol and with that point i'm done debating uncharted/infamous as you obviously don't intend to make sense

i mean't sony games so what is that? 6? ok lbp, heavy rain, starhawk, gran turismo, the last guardian, etc and thats not counting killzone,infamous, move and psn games

my point was just that to say that the majority of games were trilogies may not be accurate

If you don't want to argue, fine, I can't make you. The point I was making, which you never refuted was that the gameplay for Uncharted and Infamous are extremely similar. They both handle the relatively the same with minor quirks that differentiate them, but in reality, don't really alter the gameplay. That being said, i was stupid to limit myself to trilogies because even though there are many, there are more sequels. They actually prove my point too though. Sony doens't need multiple franchises because they produce sequels(whether they spiritual or not) to many of their games. Starhawk and warhawk. LBP and LBP 2. You don't see me crying foul about LBP Kart Racing playing similarly to MNR do we? You see what you want to see.