By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Nintendo release for Christmas 08?

Well considering Braw, WiiFit, and Mario Kart are all to be released in the first half of this year, it gets me wondering what does Nintendo have in store for Christmas? (unless they push Mario Kart Wii to Christmas which is what I expect)

Surely there will be a AAA title from them but I can't think of what it may be, perhaps Animal Crossing Wii? Or the Monolith Wii RPG?

The Monolith Wii RPG will hardly be a system seller but Mario Kart Wii and Animal Crossing Wii would be, and they'll want a system seller for Christmas.

I'd like to think Animal Crossing Wii but so far we have heard absolutely nothing of it, have Nintendo ever announced a AAA title and released it in the same year?

Don't say Wii Music either because that will hardly be a system seller as much as the other titles.

I suspect they will release a AAA title along side the release of new Wii colours.

Around the Network

It will be something Bigger. Maybe an awesome Donkey Kong game or a Legit sweet new Zelda game.

Animal Crossing Wii
Music Wii (or whatever that game was called)
The new Retro game (Kid Icarus I hope)
Donkey Kong maybe

No matter what, they already spent their 3 biggest franchises, but they do still have many left that they can utilize, not to mention can get 3rd Parties to help out more.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Don't think we really could know. The details of Wii Fit was a completely mystery until E3. Before that, all we had was a name and little else.

Mario kart Wii is 100% fall or X-mas release

and I wouldnt be suprised if SSBB was pushed back for months.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

SSBB is coming out in spring or summer at the latest. Mario Kart I wouldn't be surprised to see in the fall/holiday season. That might be their golden goose this winter.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

<----- I want one of his games on the Wii

no on foot. no submarine. arwing (on rails and all range), landmaster (on rails). no krystal. The team should be Fopx, Falco, Peppy and Slippy. and to do that it will need to take place before Assault. split paths like in SF64, online. I hope a Star Fox game is announced this year.

WTF guys, Brawl is coming out FEBRUARY 10. It has a SPECIFIC date. It'd have to be a major problem for them to delay it after giving a specific date.

A delay was forgivable in December, because SMG just came out in November, and Brawl needed work. There's no excuse now, and Brawl will NOT get delayed for timing purposes.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Monlith RPG probably won't come until late 2009, but if it's as big as all the rumors make it out to be it will certainly push consoles.

I'm guessing a combination of Star Fox, Animal Crossing, and some well-timed 3rd party exclusives.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

BenKenobi88 said:
WTF guys, Brawl is coming out FEBRUARY 10. It has a SPECIFIC date. It'd have to be a major problem for them to delay it after giving a specific date.

A delay was forgivable in December, because SMG just came out in November, and Brawl needed work. There's no excuse now, and Brawl will NOT get delayed for timing purposes.

my bad, ben.

LOL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY