By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Wimbledon 2012 Final - Federer wins his 7th Wimbledon title, and is now back to being World #1!

The good thing is that I don't mind Federer winning, but still, feel bad for Murray, he lost the game in the second set :(

Around the Network
benao87 said:
The good thing is that I don't mind Federer winning, but still, feel bad for Murray, he lost the game in the second set :(

He should have won the second admittadly.

And I think a lot of people will look at him more favourably after his post-match interview. He doesn't care? You sure?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Yay Federer!!!!! Where are all the ppl saying he is old and should retire? Where are all the ppl who said he would never win a Grand Slam anymore? Where are all the ppl who said he would'nt become #1 anymore? Mwahahaha, take that haters!

I'm super happy, altho I dont think he will stay #1 for long tho. He is only 75 pts ahead of Djokovic and has a Cincinaty title to defend. I he does well in Cincinaty and Roger's cup and Djokovic doesnt do paticulary good maybe he could stay #1 till the US open. But sadly I dont think he will end the year since he has like 3 titles to defend after the US Open including a undefeated World Tour Finals title :S Who knows, we will see how both djoko and fed do. He will diffinetly end the year as atleast #2 tho.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Conegamer said:
benao87 said:

He should have won the second admittadly.

And I think a lot of people will look at him more favourably after his post-match interview. He doesn't care? You sure?

Who doesn't care?

Federer is the best off all times enough said and Serena Williams is in the top 5 of women champs. Also the Williams sister pretty much carried US tennis for the last ten years.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Well, that's it then. Federer in 4 sets, as I predicted.

Wait a minute! I predicted the Federer would win in 4 sets. You said murray would win in 4 sets

OT: It was a fantastic match and it's great to see Federer play at the top of his game. Also I'm glad that he's gonna beat Sampras' record of 286 weeks at number 1! Dissappointing result for Murray, but he will win a grand slam soon enough. 

Federer clearly outwitted, out classed and out played Murray. Federer matches Sampras record of 7 Wimbledon titles and Federer now has 17 Grand Slam titles. I believe Murray will never win a Grand Slam. He lacks the mental toughness to win a Grand Slam title. 

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Federer clearly outwitted, out classed and out played Murray. Federer matches Sampras record of 7 Wimbledon titles and Federer now has 17 Grand Slam titles. I believe Murray will never win a Grand Slam. He lacks the mental toughness to win a Grand Slam title. 

I also think that way. I remember I think it was after he lost the 2010 australian open final to federer I made the bold statement that he would never win a grand slam in his career. Altho seeing him play today makes me believe otherwise but I'll stick with my statement. Not that I don't want him to win, it's just that I don't think he ever will. Time will tell and I wish him well (aslong as he doesn't win againt Federer :P)

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Murray's fourth Grand Slam Final loss out of four GS Finals. 3 losses to Federer and 1 loss to Djokovic. On the bright side he won his first set in a Final. He still has a long way to go to win his first Grand Slam title.

Considering that the first Grand Slam tournament took place nearly a century and a half ago, there have been remarkably few male players who have come close to winning Grand Slam singles events again and again without winning one. There were six men (Frank Riseley, Frank Hunter, Harry Hopman, Bunny Austin, Eric Sturgess and Andy Murray) who were runner up in three Grand Slams and never won one. 

Now Andy Murray is the only man in history to play in four Grand Slam Finals and lose all 4 Finals. Andy Roddick played in 5 Grand Slam finals but lucky for him he won his first Final but lost the next 4 finals. 

man-bear-pig said:
Conegamer said:
Well, that's it then. Federer in 4 sets, as I predicted.

Wait a minute! I predicted the Federer would win in 4 sets. You said murray would win in 4 sets

OT: It was a fantastic match and it's great to see Federer play at the top of his game. Also I'm glad that he's gonna beat Sampras' record of 286 weeks at number 1! Dissappointing result for Murray, but he will win a grand slam soon enough. 

Meh. I'm sure he'll win at least one, eventually. He's too good not to.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.