By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW 3DS XL! Circle Pad Pro XL announced!!! End of limited 3D sweet spot? Check OP for preview!

Tagged games:

MDMAlliance said:
Cobretti2 said:
in all honesty. A lot of it has to do with quality of nes and software post processing which will determine if a picture looks good or not.

I am sure if I got a very fuzzy picture and ran it through one of those image enhancer programs government agencies use, I could make anything look good lol.

back on topic, from all we know the firmware update on the vita which allows video recording now. may have mproved image processing.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter it is a gaming console not a camera lol.

The thing is, I think I know why he thinks what he does.  The 3DS camera gets very fuzzy in not very well lit up areas.  The PS Vita may process it better, but if given the ideal environment for both it would pretty much be the same, given the quality of the camera itself.

This fuzziness is nothing new. A lot of camera do a great job in well lit areas (even 5-10MP ones but get the graining in bad lit areas).

One other thing peopel forget is just because a camera says 10MP and one says 5MP does nto mean the 10MP is automatically better.

Some cameras (mainly the compacts) achieve these extra pixels by dithering ( however it is spelt), effectively copy the one next to it to double the pixels. This can result in really soft edged pictures. A genuine 10MP camera will cost big dollars.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
After looking at the video and taking more pics, i never had a 3ds picture look anywhere near that good, so either im doing it wrong or that video is full of it.

dont know. I may as well fire up my 3DS and see haha. Now you got me curious, even though this is not why I got a 3DS for lol.

Looks like we have another topic to complain about... the effing cameras! And it's not just this site, it's Gaf as well. Are we seriously going to nitpick at every single feature now?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Looks like we have another topic to complain about... the effing cameras! And it's not just this site, it's Gaf as well. Are we seriously going to nitpick at every single feature now?

well people did compalin about the original power button position hwo it will cause their 3DS to turn of by accident lol. Never happend to me.

Cobretti2 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

well people did compalin about the original power button position hwo it will cause their 3DS to turn of by accident lol. Never happend to me.

The power button would only be easy to accidentally press if you're clumsy.  Hahaha.  I've never even gotten close to pressing it by accident. 

Around the Network

I know the difference between a start and power button. They both have different feels. Ain't that a dousy?!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Oh, the stylus is on the side now! I never noticed that!

Oh thank god. I hate the placement of the stylus at the 3DS, and I hate that it is compactible.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Oh thank god. I hate the placement of the stylus at the 3DS, and I hate that it is compactible.

Yeah. It should shrink and let you store it in your ear.

When you need it, it should be able to grow bigger and longer to fit.

oniyide said:
MDMAlliance said:
oniyide said:
MDMAlliance said:
oniyide said:
MDMAlliance said:
ils411 said:
No second stick... BOOOOOO!!
No camera upgrade?... DOUBLE BOOOOOOO!!!
Larger screen... NICE!!
Still 3D... EVEN NICER!!!
re-designed select, home and start buttons... HOOORRAAY!!
No pure black?! .... AWWWWWW!!

A camera upgrade may actually be difficult.  The PS Vita has the same quality camera as the 3DS and it's a system that boasts about the higher quality goods.

no just no, Vita camera is much cripser and takes better quality pictures, i have both

You must be a Sony fanboy or something.  Both the PS Vita and the 3DS have 0.3MP cameras.  Look online at PS Vita and 3DS camera quality.  They will be about the same.

you must not know what your talking about, i take pictures with both and VITA pics come out looking better, much better.  

Have you seen this yet?  The results may be slightly skewed, but there's no way they were skewed that much.  The quality is pretty much identical.  You probably are skewing your own results with both cameras.

both those pics are full of crap, to be honest. 3ds pics dont come out look anywhere near that clear.  Like how you took doc pics from the internet, but here i am with my 3DS and Vita taking pics just to make sure im not crazy. Believe what you want. But i will say VIta doesnt look that much better, but there is a difference

Having owned a 3DS once and now an owner a Vita and being a rabid Sony Fanboy I can say that both the 3ds and the vita's picture quality are lame and are almost equal in quality. But the 3DS can take 3D pictures which is AWESOME and makes the 3DS camera feater >>>>>> than the Vitas! Yes I am a very shallow person and I love the 3D effect of taking pictures with the 3DS. Since they are increasing the screen size, a nice little boost in cam resolution would do wonders. I know its just a silly add on that doens't affect games much but a 1-2MP camera would be awesome for me. And no I don't care what anyone else thinks, the 3D picture functionality is fun to play with and has amused me for days even weeks when I had my 3DS.

Galaki said:
Mnementh said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Yeah. It should shrink and let you store it in your ear.

When you need it, it should be able to grow bigger and longer to fit.

Uerrrgh. Disgusting. Putting thing into the ear and ...

I simply want a proper stylus, like the DS had.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]