By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW 3DS XL! Circle Pad Pro XL announced!!! End of limited 3D sweet spot? Check OP for preview!

Tagged games:

c03n3nj0 said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the XL looks like cheaper material?

The 3DS looks sturdier.

Most likely because they used more expensive material with the 3DS, because it was originally 250 dollars. With the next model, it is cheaper, so they are going to use cheaper material. The regular 3DS squeaked way too much for my taste anyway, hinges and buttons and all. The material on the inside of the system looks very very similar to that of the DS Lite (the one I have anyway, Crimson Red), and I like that.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

I want to keep my regular 3DS and get an XL because those speakers look like they might be better... lol

MDMAlliance said:
I want to keep my regular 3DS and get an XL because those speakers look like they might be better... lol

It's true, a lot of things possibly changed to lower quality material in order to cut down on production costs

VicViper said:

The Ultimate Guide to 3DS XL

This ultimate guide fails hard on one point: it says europe and has no price for europe. No €. Sorry, Europe is not only UK. UK is not even a big part of it.

Anyways, one interesting information is - the XL has a proper stylus, not this compactable crap.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

VicViper said:
I love the new model (not a remodel), but why Nintendo made some choices are strange as shit.

First AC adapter... no biggie to me cause I already have 2.
But why different colors for different countries... just... why...

Clearly: Japanese hate blue, and Americans hate silver ... and everyone except Japanese hat white. Yes, that sounds reasonable.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I will wait for the first bundle or limited edition.

i have 2 3DS anyway and i will kepp them both!

Switch!!!

3DS XL is playable at Cannes today, we should have impressions tomorrow. The man who posted this picture says the screen is great:
http://instagr.am/p/MVV1mFRuF5/

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

i like the silver XL so far, still i have to try it to take the decision, the materials look a bit cheaper, or maybe its just the mate finish, anyway the improvements in battery, speakers, memory and screen size really interest me...

fedfed said:
I will wait for the first bundle or limited edition.

oooh i never thought about that!! 

but, i don't wanna wait until then...

good thing my favorite color is red

Nice guide-line! Are those pictures of the 3DS and XL "real sized"?

EDIT: Derpity Herp Derp... I figured it out myself!