By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another form of proof that GameTrailers is not neutral

leo-j said:
@rocketpig

Off topic discussion is not trolling? And false information is not trolling? I never said $hit about lair. Look through my post history mr mod.

You never said shit about Lair? Sigh... And no, I'm not going to search through your August 2007 posts to prove you wrong.

Just give it a rest. You should know that topics like these are flamebait anyway. Have you ever seen a thread on whether a site/magazine is biased or unbiased not turn into a crapfest? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

@benkenobi

Sure they are on an identical tv setup, but they are not both on identical visual settings.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

rocketpig said:

Besides, who here is bashing the PS3? Did I miss something? 

Agreed. While I like all consoles, I favor the PS3, and I think this is a non-issue. :)

@rocket pig

It was heavenly sword.

mM
BenKenobi88 said:
They ran both the PS3 and 360 through an IDENTICAL setup. Do you not see why nobody cares about this "conspiracy"?

If it's possible to make the PS3 look better on a regular setup, utilizing TV features that the 360 cannot, maybe they should, but they're not obligated to...and not everyone will use these features.

I think it's fair that they run PS3 and 360 games on an identical TV setup.

IMO, that's the only way to do a comparison like this.

If Sony doesn't like their methodology of comparing systems, they should change the default settings on the PS3. After all, it supposedly is the only high definition console on the market according to their marketing department.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Auron said:
leo-j said:
You guys dont understand, these were all explained in GT forums, but I cannot find it.

@rocket pig

If I am the one doing this in other threads(trolling like these users are) I would have been banned. So why not ban these trolls like you mods did me?

That's an easy question to answer, rocketpig like many other users here find it ok to troll against the PS3 as he has done himself but against the 360 well that is forbidden. I'm not suprised that you have been banned as many times as you have.

No one here is trolling. Just admit it and we can resume agreeing that reviewing something as it comes out of the box is a perfectly legitimate way of doing things.

Besides, who here is bashing the PS3? Did I miss something

Well since you like to hang on every word, i never said that people were trolling in this thread but you among others have often said unwaranted and negative things about the PS3.  Are you going to deny that you never trolled??

Auron said:

Well since you like to hang on every word, i never said that people were trolling in this thread but you among others have often said unwaranted and negative things about the PS3.  Are you going to deny that you never trolled??

Yes. I troll the PS3. But to cover my tracks, I bought one first. Yarrrrrrrr.

I'm a tricksy hobbit. 

@rocketpig

Well it was fixed in firmware 1.81, if you have an HDMI cable the ps3 by default turns on the RGB/super white settings. Leo-j wasnt that off you know :P

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue said:
@rocketpig

Well it was fixed in firmware 1.81, if you have an HDMI cable the ps3 by default turns on the RGB/super white settings. Leo-j wasnt that off you know :P

But can GT capture HDMI video? It should be HDCP-enabled and harder to capture for this sort of work. 

Realistically, they're only trying to be fair and limit the complexity of comparisons ...

If they have to test every multiplatform game, with every set of hook-ups, with every set of settings it will take forever and only create confusion