By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 overtakes the 360 in total sales?

Friggen brilliant satire. Thank you.

Around the Network

ROFL. Nice, Fishy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

early 2009

Why does this thread bring forth memories from Finding Nemo? I just can't seem to get it...
What have we learned so far?
The Wii can't output HD graphics, the PS2 sold/sells well.
Nothing new under the sky for my part.

Sony's heavy hitters will determine this outcome...the success of Sony's exclusives will either single handedly close the gap, or completely turn the tide..time will tell.

ms at this point holds the "price cut" wildcard..whether that has any significant impact on ps3 sales is unknown..once again only time will tell.

Around the Network

@ mummelmann

Um eating FISH tonight?!!!!!

OT: I think it's funny to watch folks try to battle CrazzyMon. It's like watching flies zip past the zapper ... and zoom in close to investigate ...

It's clear in my eyes he sees the PS3 as the new PS2. Let him live out his fantasy in his happy place, please.

I know I´ve been gone to long but these sort of threads keep me comming back, all I know is even without crazy ma-th(d)(n) skills the PS3 has a long way to go, 7mil are not going to fall from the sky (eventhough poeple keep locking up and seeing them along with Killzone and MGS4)

all I care is that by the time the PS3 does catch the 360 99% of all games will be settled on eather one or both platforms, time for getting a big lead an leaving with it is dead and gone so I don´t see the point in haveing a sissyfit,

OT: I´d say late 09-never, but again it doesn´t matter, we don´t get profits only games and those are not going anywhere only because the PS3 suddenly has one or two million more consoles out  

It seems like many people have bad imagination when doing predicitons. Just because they don't have the next, upcoming X360 Premium price right before their eyes, they're simply going by the '07 numbers and shaving off 1 mill (because of no Halo 3 in '08).

You need to think big! Know this: MS will strategically time the next price drop to generate maximum gain, and there's plenty of potential to drop the X360, and lack of potential to drop the PS3 in a long time. And I believe MS will do the thing that is needed, to drop the X360 with $100 (because history shows us, that prices are at mass market level after two or three years).

So with the X360 Premium at $250, how on earth will the PS3 catch up in just one or two years? Impossible.

First of all, you don't know when or IF the "magical ms price cut to save the xbox360" is coming... It probably is, BUT none of you know when or how significantly it will affect anything..it's all speculation. Secondly, it's funny hearing ms fans talk about a price drop...what, so finally it's time to admit 360 can't handle the ps3?...when you admit THAT fact, people like me will stop picking apart your statements lol.

Currently we see a positive media trend towards PS3 in 2008, *insert* ms fanboys and their "PRICE CUT WILL DESTROY ALL" claims.. Once again, are the fanboys so frightened that the 360 can't outsell the ps3 at all anymore?...or are you trying to lean towards the light at the end of the long red tunnel of death?

It's hilarious when I hear people talk about ms's amazing price cut..What BETTER way to justify the 360's streak of getting Owned by PS3 and PSP AND WII AND DS...lol...and everything else. : /

"we're losing...BUT as soon as that price cut comes through we'll be able to wait another 4 years for..Too HUman, with is BEttAr ThEn FF!!!!!!!..we don't know if it is, BUT we're claiming because we're reaching for anything we cAn!!!!!!!" ..lol

---360 fanboys attempting to justify the 360's current LOSS streak, there's nothing more to say..you KNOW that's why you're arguing lol. I just summed this entire thread up for anyone confused about the current situation, thank you and goodbye. : )

Just look at this weeks numbers and you'll see the X360 is on top again. We're not afraid of the PS3, we simply want to see it getting destroyed by the X360.

For the record, I was replying to the insanity in this thread about the PS3 having possibility to catch the X360 in LTD sales in 2008 or 2009.

And about the price drops, it's not a secret that some people may be a little unhappy with the MS price strategy lately, having only a puny $50 drop in two years, because they were confident they'd keep the PS3 in check anyway. Confidense is good, but over-confidense isn't, which a certain japanese company should have learned by now...