By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How long until PS3 overtakes the 360 in total sales?

derDude said:

I know I´ve been gone to long but these sort of threads keep me comming back, all I know is even without crazy ma-th(d)(n) skills the PS3 has a long way to go, 7mil are not going to fall from the sky (eventhough poeple keep locking up and seeing them along with Killzone and MGS4)

all I care is that by the time the PS3 does catch the 360 99% of all games will be settled on eather one or both platforms, time for getting a big lead an leaving with it is dead and gone so I don´t see the point in haveing a sissyfit,

OT: I´d say late 09-never, but again it doesn´t matter, we don´t get profits only games and those are not going anywhere only because the PS3 suddenly has one or two million more consoles out

long time no seen. how is Köln?

you are right about your statement. 7 million at this rate is about 20 years or something. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

The only way PS3 catches and goes ahead of 360 is if they can take North America. And I just don't see that happening right now. North America is solidly Wii / 360 with PS3 a distant 3rd.

Slimebeast said:
Just look at this weeks numbers and you'll see the X360 is on top again. We're not afraid of the PS3, we simply want to see it getting destroyed by the X360.

For the record, I was replying to the insanity in this thread about the PS3 having possibility to catch the X360 in LTD sales in 2008 or 2009.

And about the price drops, it's not a secret that some people may be a little unhappy with the MS price strategy lately, having only a puny $50 drop in two years, because they were confident they'd keep the PS3 in check anyway. Confidense is good, but over-confidense isn't, which a certain japanese company should have learned by now...

Well ... until the Japanese numbers hit. But it's a telling sign of sorts. The holidays are over, not just for gamers, but for Sony too. 

madskillz said:
Slimebeast said:
Just look at this weeks numbers and you'll see the X360 is on top again. We're not afraid of the PS3, we simply want to see it getting destroyed by the X360.

For the record, I was replying to the insanity in this thread about the PS3 having possibility to catch the X360 in LTD sales in 2008 or 2009.

And about the price drops, it's not a secret that some people may be a little unhappy with the MS price strategy lately, having only a puny $50 drop in two years, because they were confident they'd keep the PS3 in check anyway. Confidense is good, but over-confidense isn't, which a certain japanese company should have learned by now...

Well ... until the Japanese numbers hit. But it's a telling sign of sorts. The holidays are over, not just for gamers, but for Sony too.

When the Japanese numbers are updated, the PS3 will probably outsell the 360 slightly, but the holiday drop isn't over in Japan yet, so that small advantage will get even smaller in the next few weeks.

Furthermore, and being completely honest, Japan is the one place where the PS3 seems to sell more as a Blu-Ray player than anything else, so Japanese PS3 sales are fairly irrelevant for the console war. Look at those software sales over there, the PS3 is going the way of the PSP in Japan.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I don't think PS3 will ever overtake 360. Post xmas sales not looking quite so good for PS3. Once the festive season is over in Japan it'll proberbly fall slightly below 360 ww.

Around the Network
Xponent said:
I don't think PS3 will ever overtake 360. Post xmas sales not looking quite so good for PS3. Once the festive season is over in Japan it'll proberbly fall slightly below 360 ww.

It's right after the holidays for everyone and nobody is really selling like crazy. So far we only have others numbers and not WW this week.   Last week weren't horrendous for non-holiday season sales.

So sales aren't looking quite so good for the 360 as well. ;)  Heck, they are behind the PS3 right now.  ;)  What does that say about the 360?

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Personally I think either the PS3 passes the 360 after Microsoft's new console launches or never. I don't think it's going to happen before.

For the record I think MS releases a new console in 2011 or 2012.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

jjseth said:
Xponent said:

It's right after the holidays for everyone and nobody is really selling like crazy. So far we only have others numbers and not WW this week. Last week weren't horrendous for non-holiday season sales.

So sales aren't looking quite so good for the 360 as well. ;) Heck, they are behind the PS3 right now. ;) What does that say about the 360?

You haven't seen the NA numbers yet, have you?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well mister

avinash_tyagi

I just proved you wrong my friend ps3 will clearly make more than 120k this week, and will outsell the Xbox 360 by more than 20k.

mM

grandpasimpsoncomingandgoing.gif

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.