By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Introducing Microsoft Surface - Windows 8 first tablet and a full Microsoft hardware/software solution!

Will you buy one if the RT is ~$500 and Pro is ~$900

yes 115 52.27%

no 79 35.91%

see resultz 23 10.45%

Total:217

Microsoft Surface

Today's event covered two models of MS new tablet/laptop/PC.

Surface for Windows RT tablet

• Processor: NVIDIA-made ARM chip
  • Weight: 676 grams
  • Thickness: 9.3 millimeters
  • Display: 10.6-inch ClearType HD capactive touchapenl
  • Battery: 31.5Wh
  • I/O: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae
  • Software: Windows RT + Office Home & Student 2013 RT
  • Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand
  • Capacity: 32GB / 64GB
  • Availability: "Around" the Windows 8 launch (fall 2012)
  • Pricing: comparative to ARM tablets

Surface for Windows 8 Pro

• Processor: Intel Core i5 (Ivy Bridge)
  • Weight: 903 grams
  • Thickness: 13.5 millimeters
  • Display: 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD (1080p) capactive touchapenl
  • Battery: 42Wh
  • I/O: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, 2x2 MIMO antennae
  • Software: Windows 8 Pro
  • Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand, Pen with Palm Block
  • Capacity: 64GB / 128GB
  • Availability: "Three months after" the Windows 8 launch this fall
  • Pricing: comparative to other Intel Ultrabook-class PCs.
  • Will run ANY Windows 8 application!

My opinion is this is bad ass and a serious contender to iPad and any Android tablet. The features, simple keyboard, and interconectivity will make this a great seller so long as its not crazy priced.

Around the Network

Well it sure sounds exciting I'm not going to get my hopes up too high because they usually disappoint. But I hope it's going to be about 360 games/features and maybe something about the Next Xbox (although that is extremely unlikely)

I totally voted WMD.

No mention of this in the my twittersphere yet - interesting.

Launch dat Windows h8.

Its going to be Ushering a new wave of entertainment for the whole family and make developers go Gaga, with the innovations of Windows 8 And the great lineup of GOTYE Xbox games, and get that feeling of SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOOOWWW , Justin time for the holidays Baby ooohhh.

Hammer Time?
Hammer Time

Around the Network

They will either focus on interface (which is what they usually focus on) or posssssssiiibllyyyy announce the NexBox. I doubt the later.

The only gaming related talk that will come from this is 360's/Xbox Live's integration with things like smartphones and Windows, if that. People expecting the next Xbox need to think about this a lot more clearly.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

They're going to enslave Nintendo and drop WMD's on Sony. The press at the conference will be able to watch live.

DepthAlly said:

The only gaming related talk that will come from this is 360's/Xbox Live's integration with things like smartphones and Windows, if that. People expecting the next Xbox need to think about this a lot more clearly.

Agreed. If they were to announce Durango they wouldn't be missing Gamescom.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I think its pretty obvious this should be centered on Windows 8 launch and all that it will entail.

With Nokia's recent layoffs, this will focus on building a new future around Win8 PCs, phones, and tablets and even what it will mean for Xbox/Live integration.

Should be pretty interesting overall I think.