By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Introducing Microsoft Surface - Windows 8 first tablet and a full Microsoft hardware/software solution!

Will you buy one if the RT is ~$500 and Pro is ~$900

yes 115 52.27%

no 79 35.91%

see resultz 23 10.45%

Total:217
PullusPardus said:
Its going to be Ushering a new wave of entertainment for the whole family and make developers go Gaga, with the innovations of Windows 8 And the great lineup of GOTYE Xbox games, and get that feeling of SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOOOWWW , Justin time for the holidays Baby ooohhh.

Hammer Time?
Hammer Time

How very schizophrenic of you.

Around the Network

Polls are interesting. I feel like people gravitate towards the first few options and click one of those without giving the later options much thought, when you give so many options.

I do believe Windows 8 will get the biggest coverage, but I wonder if it'd have as many votes if it was the second-to-last option rather than the first. Just a curious thought I had about polls.

They will announce Windows 8, perhaps show the Nokia tablet and show Apollo.

New news said its supposed to be focused on win8 tablets named Windows RT.

This article has some good points.

Well, this is intriguing.

Mashable just got an exclusive invite to a major Microsoft “Media Event” for June 18 in Los Angeles.

Nothing else — and we mean nothing — is known about the 3:30 p.m. event (more details, including the venue, should arrive by early Monday morning), but all indications are that this is not your typical Microsoft product unveiling. In fact, Microsoft is making it 100% clear that this is big:

This will be a major Microsoft announcement — you will not want to miss it.

It’s hard to recall another Microsoft inviotation like this one. No graphics, no details, no leaks. It sounds, well, almost Apple-esque in its urgency and stringent requirements and rules:

This is a non-transferrable invitation, however, if you would like to send your local colleague in your place, please submit that name and it will be reviewed. If you would like to bring a photographer please register that person as your additional guest. Please note – still photography and video will be limited.

So what does Microsoft have up its sleeve?

The fact that it’s in L.A., could indicate an entertainment-related announcement, though it seems unlikely Microsoft would call a new music service “major.” Our money is on hardware, but then what hardware? If it’s for consumers, the obvious guess would be an Xbox update or maybe a new Kinect device. However, E3 was two weeks ago, why would Microsoft unveil gaming hardware now?

Perhaps it’s a Microsoft TV. They will be near Hollywood, after, all. What if Microsoft decided to trump Apple and launch its own HDTV. Yet, with Xbox 360 so well-baked-in to the living room, this is unlikely.

Anything Windows 8-related is unlikely. Everyone knows virtually everything about the new OS (set to launch this fall).

Windows Phone 8 (we’re on 7.5 right now), is a real possibility, though a mobile OS update still doesn’t warrant this kind of event, does it?

Whatever Microsoft unveils, Mashable will be there, live blogging from the scene. So set your calendars and your alarm clocks. In the meantime, lets all hop into the comments and start guessing. Whatever it is, it promises to be “major!”

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Xbox Surface Specs Provisionary?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97130121/Xbox-Surface-Specs-Provisionary

Nsanity said:

Xbox Surface Specs Provisionary?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97130121/Xbox-Surface-Specs-Provisionary

Well, that's interesting.... if fake then its far more realistic than that one PS4 spec sheet.

I honestly have NO idea whatsoever. That's pretty refreshing if I don't say so myself.

Microsoft just wants to announce more USHER.

lol

I'm thinking something new with their phone and possible Nokia.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!