By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is d0med, cutting employee bonuses by 20%

Just Dance 4 can actually be quite the system seller. The puppet master thing can be advertised as a very fun feature.

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
Pikmin3, ZombieU, NSMBU, AC3, Batman, Aliens, FIFA, CoD, Lego City, Tekken, Darksiders2...the BEST without a doubt.

Aliens is coming to wiiu? In february? Heck yeah. One of my most anticipated games. Going to see Prometheus today so I'll be even more hyped.

OT: Horrible, but you gotta do what you gotta do to keep your company moving. Lower bonuses are better than fewer jobs. Maybe they could use Mitt Romney's help making their company more efficient?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

BasilZero said:
happydolphin said:
BasilZero said:

Well ya that depends on the taste I suppose. Like I said not too familar with most of them. 

I hope the launch titles get better though, I hope with the rumors of 299.99-349.99 being true along with a Super Mario Bros. U as a launch title would sell it like hotcakes no doubt. AC3 and TTT2 will help it somewhat I guess, not sure if Batman will do any difference considering there's more than 3 versions of the game out before the Wii-U release (that includes the game of the year editions).

It doesn't depend on tastes Basil, we all know that almost all systems before the last 2 gens released with uninteresting software. It takes little VG knowledge to say as much. They mostly had one or two mega games, and the rest were filler.

With the WiiU, all the launch games are top and offer great value to the system for a Wii owner, regardless of whether or not the games appear on other platforms. Of course, to an HD twin owner the multiplats don't count as value-adds, but then you'll complain whether they're there or not, so ppl will never stop complaining.

So, these people can eat Nintendo's shorts.

@bolded Actually that is your opinion - I'm pretty sure there would be alot of people who disagree with you, I'm pretty sure alot of Nintendo fans would agree with you, but people who bought those certain systems may disagree with you.

@underlined - I never complained about them being ported over? Matterfact, it gives me more choice whether to buy it on one system or another actually, for example, Batman game , I dont have it on PC or my PS3, I could buy it for the Wii-U, graphics are the last thing I worry about, if the Wii-U version contains all the DLC and extra content, I'll get it for the Wii-U. I mean its pretty simple, if a person already had the game, why would you get it again for another system, you would either have to be really bored of your current gaming backlog or you must have alot of money.

Content > Graphics imo.

@underlined. I wasn't referring to you, or to someone that doesn't own the games. I was referring to someone that already owns them. These people will complain whether the WiiU offers them or not.

@bolded. I'm actually preparing a thread about this, using your lists. Matter of fact, those most prone to agree with me are NES fans. The launch list is pretty damn awesome.

BasilZero said:
happydolphin said:

@underlined. I wasn't referring to you, or to someone that doesn't own the games. I was referring to someone that already owns them. These people will complain whether the WiiU offers them or not.

@bolded. I'm actually preparing a thread about this, using your lists. Matter of fact, those most prone to agree with me are NES fans. The launch list is pretty damn awesome.

Make sure you use other lists as well, I only added in the examples I posted.

Also lol are you trying to prove me wrong or what?

Will do.

What do you mean by prove me wrong. I don't think so.

Even though I own a PS3 and really enjoyed Arkham Asylum, I'm getting Batman AC for the WiiU. At the end of last year I had a sizeable backlog and I prioritised new purchases for those I was more hyped for (Zelda SS, Mario Kart 7, Tales of the Abyss 3D, etc), meaning I still haven't bought it. Now I'm waiting for what appears to be the definitive console version.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
happydolphin said:
BasilZero said:

Make sure you use other lists as well, I only added in the examples I posted.

Also lol are you trying to prove me wrong or what?

Will do.

What do you mean by prove me wrong. I don't think so.

No I am wondering why your making a thread based on my lists xD

Haha, on that, yeah kinda XD

But it's also a topic that comes up alot, so I'm just gonna make things 100% clear so that if I'm wrong I'll know it. This far, the NES lineup was pretty damn amazing. almost 12+ Nintendo games on launch!

Hey, hey, hey, I'm pretty sure that Sony are d0med right now, its not Nintendo's turn yet! They're usually not d0med till fall comes!

DieAppleDie said:
Pikmin3, ZombieU, NSMBU, AC3, Batman, Aliens, FIFA, CoD, Lego City, Tekken, Darksiders2...the BEST without a doubt.

Rayman Legends too and Nintendo Land!

This is old news and your title in misleading

Iwata and the Directors did this voluntary to make up for having to do price cut on 3DS so quickly after launch. Basically they didn't calculate the market value of the 3DS properly being their main fault in addition to not having compelling system selling software at launch.

50% cut for Iwata

20% cut for Directors

Regular employees unaffected

cusman said:

This is old news and your title in misleading

Iwata and the Directors did this voluntary to make up for having to do price cut on 3DS so quickly after launch. Basically they didn't calculate the market value of the 3DS properly being their main fault in addition to not having compelling system selling software at launch.

50% cut for Iwata

20% cut for Directors

Regular employees unaffected

how about you go read the original source that reuters cited dated june 12th 2012.  Employees bonuses for the summer 20%