By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS will have even less exclusives next gen

I cant wait to see just what games some of those MS studios are making... Studios that have never delivered hard at work on what?

Retail? LIVE? Kinect? Mobile?

We have no idea.

Around the Network

Lol once next gen start and Microsoft brings the guns and the money to all those publishers it will be funny as hell haha

Using this Thread for future use.

And dont forget MS just opened new studios aswell made a partnership with Crytek for Ryse.

as if they wouldn't start new ip's next gen lol...i say sony will lose more exclusives as microsoft will (except those which ere exlusives because ps3 was not even on the market when xbox 360 got exclusives). sony realized they have too many not selling brilliant for the amount of money they spend in development which is money wasting, they said it anywhere didn't they? (i read that but no clue in which thread). microsoft opened some new studios and nobody knows if they won't buy someone more. i don't see sony purchasing more studios.

Anyway the only studios 1st party i care about most on Sony/Ms are :

Santa Monica
Naugthy Dog
Turn 10

Oversimplified.

Games are getting hugely expensive to make on the AAA level. If second-party studios can't get their costs covered, then they are going to need more consoles out there. If a console doesn't get immediate traction, they may need multi-plat. If one DOES take off and grab a lead, that increases the odds of a single platform title later in the gen.

MS has said they will once again easily be programmed for in conjunction with a PC port of vice versa. They a will have no shortage of games to play.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

as if they wouldn't start new ip's next gen lol...i say sony will lose more exclusives as microsoft will. sony realized they have too many which is money wasting, they said it anywhere didn't they? (i read that but no clue in which thread). microsoft opened some new studios and nobody knows if they won't buy someone more. i donÄt see sony purchasing more studios.

Sony purchased Sucker Punch last year. A much bigger developing studio than anything MS has purchased in a long time.

OT: I agree. MS is doing it's best to convince their fans that exclusives don't matter, it's all about multiplatforms. Seems they were semi-successful. Their fans agree with them that exclusives don't matter this gen, but disagree with them when it comes to next-gen.

MS : Here is the (timed) exclusive DLC for Resident Evil 6 that you have to pay for! Enjoy.

Sony : Here is the exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3 that's free! Enjoy.

That's the difference between these two companies. So even if MS pours all it's money on exclusives next-gen, PS4 has nothing to fear. It will get all of them like Bioshock, ME, Lost Planet etc etc. 360 is just a hype machine, nothing else. In long term, the Playstation offers way more.

mantlepiecek said:
crissindahouse said:

as if they wouldn't start new ip's next gen lol...i say sony will lose more exclusives as microsoft will. sony realized they have too many which is money wasting, they said it anywhere didn't they? (i read that but no clue in which thread). microsoft opened some new studios and nobody knows if they won't buy someone more. i donÄt see sony purchasing more studios.

Sony purchased Sucker Punch last year. A much bigger developing studio than anything MS has purchased in a long time.

OT: I agree. MS is doing it's best to convince their fans that exclusives don't matter, it's all about multiplatforms. Seems they were semi-successful. Their fans agree with them that exclusives don't matter this gen, but disagree with them when it comes to next-gen.

MS : Here is the (timed) exclusive DLC for Resident Evil 6 that you have to pay for! Enjoy.

That's the difference between these two companies. So even if MS pours all it's money on exclusives next-gen, PS4 has nothing to fear. It will get all of them like Bioshock, ME, Lost Planet etc etc. 360 is just a hype machine, nothing else. In long term, the Playstation offers way more.

MS is building studios from the ground.

343, Vancouver or Victoria will easilly beat Sucker Punch in quality.

Argh_College said:
mantlepiecek said:
crissindahouse said:

MS is building studios from the ground.

343, Vancouver or Victoria will easilly beat Sucker Punch in quality.

Sucker Punch > Vancouver and Victoria. One of them has already proven themselves, the other two still need time.

Oh and Sucker Punch are the guys that made sly so they have way more experience than any of these Vancouver, Victoria studios do.

DirtyP2002 said:
MS owns more development studios than Nintendo and Sony right now, They probably hired a couple of hundred developers over the past 3 years.

And if MS wants certain games exclusively on their platform, they will get them. Even if they have to pay millions for it. MS can afford it.

BS.

Microsoft has the money.... but they dont use it to buy and contract studios like Sony does.

Naughty Dog (Uncharted, The Last of Us)

Santa Monica (God of War)

Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo)

Sucker Punch (InFamous)

Guerrilla Games (Killzone)

Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet)

Evolution (Motorstorm)

San Diego (MLB: The Show)

Eat Sleep Play (Twisted Metal)

SuperBot (All Stars Battle Royale)

LBP Karting (UFG)

StarHawk (Lightbox)

JapanTeam (Ico, Gravity Daze, SotC)

Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Beyond two Souls)

DirtyP2002 said:
scottie said:
DirtyP2002 said:
MS owns more development studios than Nintendo and Sony right now, They probably hired a couple of hundred developers over the past 3 years.

And if MS wants certain games exclusively on their platform, they will get them. Even if they have to pay millions for it. MS can afford it.

MS owns 21 video game studios, and has to spread their games amongst Mobile, PC and Xbox.

Sony owns 31 and has to split them amongst PS handheld, PS home and Mobile

Nintendo owns 15, spread amongst Handheld and Home consoles. However, the lower number reflects a different naming convention used by Nintendo - Nintendo EAD is counted as a single studio with 500 people spread amongst 6 divisions. Counting seperate divisions as seperate studios is more in line with MS and Sony, in which case Nintendo owns 22 studios.

Quite simply, you have been misinformed. Perhaps whoever you heard that fact off neglected 2nd party studios, in an attempt to make it seem like MS has more studios than the others. Look 'facts' up in the future before repeating them :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_development_teams#Nintendo_1st_Party_Developers_.28Worldwide.29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios_(game_studio)#Software_development_studios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Software_development_studios

Yeah because Microsoft is totally supporting Windows Phone 7 and PC with their first party studios... NOT. 1 studio for mobile games and 1 for Flight Simulator. That's it. And even the mobile gaming studio made an XBLA game. Nintendo really has to support the 3DS with more than just one team. Sony has the PS Vita and the PS4 next gen.

I said MS owns more studios and it is correct. 2nd party is not owned my friend so it is ignored.

All MS 1st party studios:

• 343 Industries (Halo 4)
  • Turn 10 Studios (Forza 4)
  • Microsoft Studios - Flight (Microsoft Flight)
  • The connected Experience (Untitled project -  job ad: "Design Large scale multiplayer title and help other first party studios")
  • Twisted Pixel Games (Splosion Man, The Maw, Gunstringer - new title to be revealed at E3)
  • Microsoft Studios - LEAP (Untitled Project)
  • Platform Next Studios (Untitled Project)
  • Microsoft Studios - Playful Learning (Untitled Project)
  • Microsoft Studios - Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment (Untitled Project)
  • Microsoft Studios - Family (Untitled Project)
  • Good Science Studio (Kinec Adventures, Kinect Fun Labs, Untitled Project)
  • Microsoft Studios - Mobile Gaming (ilomilo)
  • Xbox Live Productions (South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, South Park: Tenorman's Revenge)
  • Lionhead Studios (Fable the Journey, Untitled Project)
  • Rare (Kinect Sports, Banjo Kazooie, Untitled Project)
  • Microsoft Studios Soho (Untitled Project)
  • BigPark (Joyride)
  • Microsoft Studios Vancouver (Untitled Project)
  • Microsoft Studios Victoria (Untitled Project)
  • Press Play Studios (Untitled Project)
  •  

Just for comparison

All Nintendo 1st Party Studios

• Nintendo EAD Comprehensive Group (Super Mario 64 DS, Star Fox 64 3D)
  • Nintendo EAD Group 1 (Mario Kart, Nintendogs, Luigi's Mansion)
  • Nintendo EAD Group 2 (Animal Crossing, Wii-branded games)
  • Nintendo EAD Group 3 (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Nintendo EAD Group 4 (Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros.=
  • Nintendo EAD Group 5 (Wii Fit)
  • Nintendo EAD Tokyo 1 (Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Super Mario Galaxy)
  • Nintendo EAD Tokyo 2 (Flipnote Studio, Super Mario Galaxy 2)
  • Nintendo SPD (Wario Ware, Rhythm Heaven)
  • Nintendo NSD (Personal Trainer: Walking)
  • Nintendo SDD (Brain Age)
  • Nintendo STC (Mario vs Donkey Kong, Corsswords DS, Metroid Prime Hunters)
  • Monolith Soft (Xenoblade Cronicles)
  • Retro Studios (Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country Returns)
  • Brownie Brown (Mother 3, A Kappa's Trail)
  • Intelligent Systems (Paper Marios Series)
  • Project Sora (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Nd Cube (Wii Party, Mario Party 9)
  • HAL Labratory (Kirby, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros)
  •  

All SCE 1st Party studios:

• SCE Japan Studio (Ape Escape, LocoRoco, The Last Guardian)
  • Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo)
  • Naughty Dog (Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted)
  • SCE Santa Monica (God of War)
  • SCE San Diego (MLB The Show)
  • SCE Bend Studio (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Resistance: Retribution)
  • SCE Foster Studio (supporting other studios)
  • Sucker Punch Productions (InFamous)
  • SCE London Studio (SingStar, Playstation Home)
  • SCE Cambridge (TV Superstars, LBP PSP Port)
  • SCE Studio Liverpool (Wipeout)
  • Evolution Studios (Motorstorm)
  • Guerilla Games (Killzone)
  • Media Molecule (LBP)
  • Are you suggesting that only MS owned studios are working on "unannounced" projects...? Because according to your list, almost all MS studios have "untitled project" next to their names, wereas the Sony and Nintedo ones only have their staples next to their names...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?