By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS will have even less exclusives next gen

9087 said:
Millenium said:
Yeah, because MS went on a studio shopping and opening spree just for the hell of it, seems legit...

Look what MS did with RARE.

Look what Sony did with Naughty Dog. 

yeah and Zipper is still their and SOE never lay off anyone in past few years

oh an RARE just saved by Kinect Sports because people don't buy their games until Kinect Sports lol

Around the Network
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
MS owns more development studios than Nintendo and Sony right now, They probably hired a couple of hundred developers over the past 3 years.

And if MS wants certain games exclusively on their platform, they will get them. Even if they have to pay millions for it. MS can afford it.

And 80% of those studios either have not made any game yet or work on Kinect projects.

The OP has a point, both Valve, Bungie and Epic will make their next games on PS4 too. Valve with their L4D, Bungie with their Halo and Epic with their Gears defined the 360.

ofcourse there will be xbox exclusives next gen, from Turn 10 and Rare, we can assume these studios will release their titles within the first year of Nextbox.

Kinect does not count then? Just like XBLA I guess.

This is so 2010.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:
MS owns more development studios than Nintendo and Sony right now, They probably hired a couple of hundred developers over the past 3 years.

And if MS wants certain games exclusively on their platform, they will get them. Even if they have to pay millions for it. MS can afford it.

And 80% of those studios either have not made any game yet or work on Kinect projects.

The OP has a point, both Valve, Bungie and Epic will make their next games on PS4 too. Valve with their L4D, Bungie with their Halo and Epic with their Gears defined the 360.

ofcourse there will be xbox exclusives next gen, from Turn 10 and Rare, we can assume these studios will release their titles within the first year of Nextbox.

Kinect does not count then? Just like XBLA I guess.

yeah i wonder as well. some (yes not many) kinect games are really fun even with a bad kinect (compared to what kinect will be next gen). next gen with a better kinect i see some really good kinect games. not even will kinect 2 be much better, developers will have more experience then because all they did for the first xbox was new land for them. it's not as if developers had 30 years experience in developing games without usage of controls.

same with arcade, if people really think exclusives are sooo important, why is a super all star fighter or little big planet kart important but not a trials or so? difference is that one is arcade and one is retail but is the retail game really a bigger and better game? you can play trials many many hours like you can play those fighters or kart games. for me there is not really a difference except the price

Argh_College said:
mantlepiecek said:
crissindahouse said:

as if they wouldn't start new ip's next gen lol...i say sony will lose more exclusives as microsoft will. sony realized they have too many which is money wasting, they said it anywhere didn't they? (i read that but no clue in which thread). microsoft opened some new studios and nobody knows if they won't buy someone more. i donÄt see sony purchasing more studios.

Sony purchased Sucker Punch last year. A much bigger developing studio than anything MS has purchased in a long time.

OT: I agree. MS is doing it's best to convince their fans that exclusives don't matter, it's all about multiplatforms. Seems they were semi-successful. Their fans agree with them that exclusives don't matter this gen, but disagree with them when it comes to next-gen.

MS : Here is the (timed) exclusive DLC for Resident Evil 6 that you have to pay for! Enjoy.

Sony : Here is the exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3 that's free! Enjoy.

That's the difference between these two companies. So even if MS pours all it's money on exclusives next-gen, PS4 has nothing to fear. It will get all of them like Bioshock, ME, Lost Planet etc etc. 360 is just a hype machine, nothing else. In long term, the Playstation offers way more.

MS is building studios from the ground.

343, Vancouver or Victoria will easilly beat Sucker Punch in quality.

Oh come on now.  I'm all for studios being built from the ground up - Sony Santa Monica is an example of that, and they make excellent games.  But it took them 6 years from being formed until they made God of War, the game that arguably made them what they are today.

If you think Vancouver or Victoria are going to blow everyone away with a game any time in the next few years, you're mistaken.  And even when they finally get onto their big-shot game (which I'm sure they will, don't worry) - Sucker Punch will have made 3 Sly Cooper games, 2 Infamous games and whatever they're cooking up next.

Edit: With that said, I think Microsoft will have more IP's next generation, ever so slightly at least.  But I don't think it will be a noticable increase, because I think they know that multiplats are what sell well on the system.  Maybe they'll come up with a new Halo/Gears to join their mega-big roster,  but I'm not expecting much more than that.

mantlepiecek said:
Legend11 said:

Sucker Punch?  Microsoft didn't even have to buy a studio and got far more from Gears of War than what Sucker Punch made this generation.

As for free DLC vs. timed exclusive DLC, it's a given that Resident Evil 6's timed exclusive DLC will have far more to it than any free DLC for Far Cry 3.

Also it's great that PS3 gamers got to play Bioshock, Mass Effect 1 (oh wait they didn't), Lost Planet, etc, but they were first on Xbox 360 and when you finally got to play those ones we had moved on to the next big thing that you had to wait for.  That's how the Xbox 360 rolled and that's how it destroyed Playstation dominance. 

Looking at Destiny it's going to happen all over again and with Microsoft hiring Phil Harrison as their Eisenhower for the real invasion of mainland Europe I almost feel sorry for Sony and Playstation fan***s...

Well, you can have your dominance, which I doubt you will, especially if PS3 ends up selling more than 360 then that would put the 360 last, not much of a dominance. I would rather have my games. And I can play Mass Effect 1 on PC if I really wanted to. Which gives owning a PS3 a real reason, unlike the fake reason to own a 360.

You don't have to feel sorry for us. It has been entertaining to see MS fans trying to enjoy Sonic Free Riders and Kinect Sports. It will be even more entertaining to watch them pretending to enjoy the smartglass.

Fake reason?  Can you play Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Crackdown, Dance Central 2 or Lost Odyssey on your PC or PS3?  How are they fake reasons, please explain.

As for entertaining I can relate since I watched Sony and others proclaim 3D to be the next big thing in gaming only to see it almost forgotten this year.  Then there's the threads bashing the Wii's motion controller as a gimmick and then watching some of those same people change their tune when the Move controller was released.  The same for those that used to bash the Xbox 1 for losing so much money and now suddenly a console losing money isn't as important as it used to be.  I also remember the 3DS threads attacking its sales early on (you can guess by fans of which company) and how hilarious it was when the Vita actually did worse.  Good times with more to come.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
mantlepiecek said:
Legend11 said:

Sucker Punch?  Microsoft didn't even have to buy a studio and got far more from Gears of War than what Sucker Punch made this generation.

As for free DLC vs. timed exclusive DLC, it's a given that Resident Evil 6's timed exclusive DLC will have far more to it than any free DLC for Far Cry 3.

Also it's great that PS3 gamers got to play Bioshock, Mass Effect 1 (oh wait they didn't), Lost Planet, etc, but they were first on Xbox 360 and when you finally got to play those ones we had moved on to the next big thing that you had to wait for.  That's how the Xbox 360 rolled and that's how it destroyed Playstation dominance. 

Looking at Destiny it's going to happen all over again and with Microsoft hiring Phil Harrison as their Eisenhower for the real invasion of mainland Europe I almost feel sorry for Sony and Playstation fan***s...

Well, you can have your dominance, which I doubt you will, especially if PS3 ends up selling more than 360 then that would put the 360 last, not much of a dominance. I would rather have my games. And I can play Mass Effect 1 on PC if I really wanted to. Which gives owning a PS3 a real reason, unlike the fake reason to own a 360.

You don't have to feel sorry for us. It has been entertaining to see MS fans trying to enjoy Sonic Free Riders and Kinect Sports. It will be even more entertaining to watch them pretending to enjoy the smartglass.

Fake reason?  Can you play Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Crackdown, Dance Central 2 or Lost Odyssey on your PC or PS3?  How are they fake reasons, please explain.

As for entertaining I can relate since I watched Sony and others proclaim 3D to be the next big thing in gaming only to see it almost forgotten this year.  Then there's the threads bashing the Wii as a gimmick and then watching some of those same people change their tune when the Move controller was released.  The same for those that used to bash the Xbox brand for losing so much money and now suddenly a console losing money isn't as important as it used to be.  I also remember the 3DS threads attacking its sales early on (you can guess by fans of which console) and how hilarious it was when the Vita actually did worse.  Good times with more to come.

So out of the games that you listed you agree that xbox is good for

Gears of war, halo, crackdown (the second one destroyed by the critics and gamers alike), dance central (kinect) and a 2007 game Lost Odyssey. Sweet.

I don't have time listing games that you can only play on PS3, ask turkish or someone. They will give you a detailed analysis of when each game came out, and what's next for the PS3.

Your second paragraph is a pretty interesting, considering you were the one who were feeling sorry. What happened? DId the PS3 prove too much of a competition that now you are attacking a handheld?

crissindahouse said:
mantlepiecek said:
crissindahouse said:

as if they wouldn't start new ip's next gen lol...i say sony will lose more exclusives as microsoft will. sony realized they have too many which is money wasting, they said it anywhere didn't they? (i read that but no clue in which thread). microsoft opened some new studios and nobody knows if they won't buy someone more. i donÄt see sony purchasing more studios.

Sony purchased Sucker Punch last year. A much bigger developing studio than anything MS has purchased in a long time.

OT: I agree. MS is doing it's best to convince their fans that exclusives don't matter, it's all about multiplatforms. Seems they were semi-successful. Their fans agree with them that exclusives don't matter this gen, but disagree with them when it comes to next-gen.

MS : Here is the (timed) exclusive DLC for Resident Evil 6 that you have to pay for! Enjoy.

Sony : Here is the exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3 that's free! Enjoy.

That's the difference between these two companies. So even if MS pours all it's money on exclusives next-gen, PS4 has nothing to fear. It will get all of them like Bioshock, ME, Lost Planet etc etc. 360 is just a hype machine, nothing else. In long term, the Playstation offers way more.

i said it last week or so and it still counts. the number of own ip's people really care about is almost the same for sony and microsoft. sony has more retail ip's (microsoft more arcade ip's) but if they have games like resistance or not, 90% of people don't care about that. count all killzone, infamous, resistance and whatever sales together and you won't even have one sold game for every playstation. but playstation attach ratio is 8.5 wich means almost all sold games are multi-plats for playstation. people always act as if exclusives were so important but in reality, just very few are important and the rest is only interesting for a very small part of console owners. games which are important for people are as example fifa and pes in europe, cod worldwide, elder scrolls, gta, assassins creed and so on... these games make a much bigger part than some eclusive own ip's

if all exclusives except the few big ones make not even one game for every sold consle, what do you believe how many don't even own one of them (because there are surely some fans who have 10 or more of them).

microsoft doesn't have to make people believe many exclusives aren't so important, because it is the truth except maybe for nintendo who really live from exclusives.

i care about exclusives, yes halo and uncharted, gears and gow, those games are important for me but all these resistance and infamous or viva pinata are games i can play but i dont need them.

we have much more good games we could ever play, even if i wouldn't get only one exclusive i would still have more games i want to play than i ever could.

for every person, there are other things important. for me, the controls are important, i love the xbox 360 controler that's the reason i bought like 80 360 games but only maybe 10 ps3 games. for me, the 360 is more important as the ps is even with a better quality of ps own ip's

if playstation wouldn't have resistance, infamous, heavy rain and whatever and only gt, uncharted, god of war and fe others, sony wouldn't have sold 25 million less ps3s. maybe 5 million less.

if microsoft would have infamous, resistance and few others instead of sony, microsoft wouldn't have sold many more 360s. it's important to have few huge ip's like halo but not to have small ip's not many care about except the huge fans.

You are arguing from MS's standpoint. I am arguing from the gamer's standpoint. You are saying it doesn't make sense for MS to release smaller IP's than Halo because it won't sell consoles. Do you want console sales or do you want something like, say, Age of Empires IV on 360 which will probably sell 500k copies but would probably be a very good game?

Not all games that sell less are bad. Demon's Souls is perfect example and that game actually didn't sell bad.

wrong
mc will have 2 times more exclusive games then sony
the bad part is that most of them will be horrible kinect games
mc doest really care about their hardcore fans
now they focuse 90% on casual kinect games for little kids
thats why next xbox console will FAIL
vita failed because players remembered the lack of games on psp
xbox 720 will fail too

DirtyP2002 said:

Obvioudly it's not that sinmple. Microsoft cannot get any game they want.

ManciuD said:
wrong
mc will have 2 times more exclusive games then sony
the bad part is that most of them will be
horrible kinect games
mc doest really care about their hardcore fans
now they focuse 90% on casual kinect games for little kids
thats why next xbox console will FAIL
vita failed because players remembered the lack of games on psp
xbox 720 will fail too

Bolded for truth

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?