By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U games to run at 720p, 30 fps.

like patcher said, `its Wii HD`

Around the Network

ps3=ps2 HD also so whats the point?

It will be like current gen. Mostly 720p or less with the odd 1080p game. It's very unlikely the small size Wii U is that much more powerful than PS360. Still thanks to the large 32mb of edram, 720p with all the bells and whistles should be a breeze. Full HD is very demanding.

As for framerate, 30fps for TV + control pad is fine for a lot of games. It's when sitting up close and controlling with a mouse does 60fps really become a must. Still games like COD and Mario games like Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart are 60fps because they require the lowest possible latency.

lol but i was told by countless nintendo fans that the wii u would be 1080p 60fps as a standard, i can't wait to see what other claims were bs

leo-j said:
First off, microsoft launched 360 hardware that was incapable of handling native 1080p resolution, as microsoft themselves stated that console games would never be able to render native 1080p resolution at a high frame rate.. and then sony proved them wrong with the ps3.. microsoft then released a system update allowing native 1080p resolution support, I really doubt resolution isn't based on the hardware but on software.. And in truth what that guy in that video is saying is true.. as it's been tested out..

No disrespect but you don't come across as someone who's impartial nor technical. I mean 'fake' 1080p? You mean upscaled? 360 has a dedicated scaler that upscales all games to 1080p (PS3 can't do this, must be done at software level which requires GPU resources). Also according to Beyond 3D there are a few native 1080p games on 360. Plus you can download and stream Full HD 1080p movies.

The PS3 is also capable of 1080p but most are simple games and the more demanding one's like Motorstorm Apocalypse, GT5 and Wipeout HD are either dynamically adjusting the resolution depending on the complexity of the scene or are only 1080 along the horizontal lines but the vertical is 1280. So not 'Full HD' (1920 x 1080) as it were but still impressive.

If you are interested in finding out more then check out this link- http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241 Damn informative.

Around the Network

The Wii U has all the important parts right.

1. CPU power is usually the most non negotiable part of the system and the hardest part to scale and it looks like they weighted the system towards this end.

2. It is capable in terms of RAM, I.E. next generation games will be able to fit in memory.

3. It is compatible with the technology. DX10 can still emulate DX11 shaders for instance.

4. Visuals are the easiest to scale RAM and CPUs are much harder, thats why they focused on these areas.  In a nutshell the next generation games will look like arse relative to the next generation PS4/XB3 but at least they'll be portable and they'll run as compared to this generation.

Tease.

o_O.Q said:
lol but i was told by countless nintendo fans that the wii u would be 1080p 60fps as a standard, i can't wait to see what other claims were bs

I always thought those people were balls crazy personally but, people can dream, and it will be reality one day, for sure. I don't mean like the Wii U of course =P, I mean like in the future lol

superchunk said:
720p is still better than a great number of PS360 games and that's just launch games.

Additionally... I think 720p is perfectly fine for nearly anyone. 1080p will come in a year or so as engines are refined and beefed devs get more comfortable with the hardware.

Yes, kudos to Nintendo. Their new hardware will potentially have less sub HD games than 2005/2006 hardware.

Personally, I think 720p is fine. But I think most were hoping they would raise the bar a little. At this rate I think people are now hoping it will atleast be at par with PS360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Squilliam said:

The Wii U has all the important parts right.

1. CPU power is usually the most non negotiable part of the system and the hardest part to scale and it looks like they weighted the system towards this end.

2. It is capable in terms of RAM, I.E. next generation games will be able to fit in memory.

3. It is compatible with the technology. DX10 can still emulate DX11 shaders for instance.

4. Visuals are the easiest to scale RAM and CPUs are much harder, thats why they focused on these areas.  In a nutshell the next generation games will look like arse relative to the next generation PS4/XB3 but at least they'll be portable and they'll run as compared to this generation.

Are we expecting PS2 -> GC/Xbox level comparisons here, or...?

It's the bit wars all over again....... *sigh*

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls