By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - GoldenEye Review

darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Oh and since it was my very first Bond, I never had a problem with Judy Dench as M. She fits the role of the no non-sense boss that recognizes James' talents but has problems with his methods.

Yeah when I think of M I think of Judi.

That's how I feel about Bernard Lee.  I'm old...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Oh and since it was my very first Bond, I never had a problem with Judy Dench as M. She fits the role of the no non-sense boss that recognizes James' talents but has problems with his methods.

Yeah when I think of M I think of Judi.

That's how I feel about Bernard Lee.  I'm old...

No, you're not. I started with GoldenEye and I still think of Bernard Lee when I think of M.

I love this movie, although I wouldn't say it's my favourite Brosnan Bond (I know, shoot me). I think Brosnan's performance was a little weak, he seemed much more comfortable in his other Bond films.

Pierce Brosnan is James Bond for me. And I hate Daniel Craig and....Sean Connery(please don't hurt me)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Pierce Brosnan is James Bond for me. And I hate Daniel Craig and....Sean Connery(please don't hurt me)

How could you hate Sean Connery as Bond?  It just defies human logic.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Ah... This has to be my most viewed Bond movie (followed by Licence to Kill). Me, my dad and my brother watched this one a lot even before we were aware of the game (which also made the game so much better!).

So yeah, all the nostalgia makes this one my absolute favorite. I need to get older before I can give you an 'unbiased' opinion on it.

amp316 said:
homer said:

Then I guess I am unlogical.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
amp316 said:
homer said:

I hope you know that I'm just kidding, but honestly I don't understand why anyone would dislike him. 

What do you dislike about him?

amp316 said:
homer said:
amp316 said:
homer said:

I hope you know that I'm just kidding, but honestly I don't understand why anyone would dislike him. 

I know. I was kidding too, hence why I used unlogical instead of illogical. He just doesn't look like the James Bond I see in my head. His movies weren't bad, its just, he isn't James Bond to me. I guess when I first saw my first bond film, I completely associated the character with Brosnan and am unwilling to accept anyone else as a replacement.

homer said:
amp316 said:
homer said:
amp316 said:
homer said:

I know. I was kidding too, hence why I used unlogical instead of illogical. He just doesn't look like the James Bond I see in my head. His movies weren't bad, its just, he isn't James Bond to me. I guess when I first saw my first bond film, I completely associated the character with Brosnan and am unwilling to accept anyone else as a replacement.

I guess that I could see that.  I think that Tom Baker is the best Doctor Who probably because he was the first one that I saw and he's actually the 4th.