By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will there be a Lost Odyssey 2? Would you want one?

Tagged games:

Will there be a Lost Odyssey 2?

Of course, Mystwalker wil... 73 40.56%

I hope so, but I'm not s... 73 40.56%

I loved the game, but I want something new. 5 2.78%

No, God, No! 4 2.22%

Don't know. Show me resultz...... 25 13.89%

Total:180

One can dream right?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Its the best Final Fantasy of the generation. Id love a 2nd!

Yeah when I played Lost Odyssey, it gave the same feeling I used to get when I'd play a Final Fantasy game. That magic is long gone for me. Final Fantasy just doesn't seem to have it any more.

I disagree with you Dodece (You're quote is too long so I ain't quoting it). Microsoft has long since abandoned Mistwalker and their development houses (Artoon and Feelplus). If Peter Moore was still with Microsoft then maybe I'd agree. But Microsoft hasn't bought off any japanese developers in a long while and I think Final Fantasy XIII was good enough for them (It looks like they couldn't care anymore about the series).

I hope you turn out to be right Dodece.

I loved the strong character development, I thought the 1,000 years of back strories (or dreams) were cool, and the concept of the game was amazing. This was a really amazing JRPG, it reminded me of the good old JRPG days on the SNES. It's a shame FFXIII outsold this game like 6:1 because I think this was the better product.

I hope they make a sequel, but for now I'm just glad The Last Story is being localized on the Wii. I hope one of their JRPG's becomes a sales success one day, but I think for that to happen, they will have to make a 3DS/PSV exclusive.

Best JRPG this gen IMHO, and probably the most appreciated game this gen (as traditional turn based JRPG on consoles are basically a thing of the past now, at least those at the level of quality LO is at).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Turkish said:
One of the best games I have played this gen but could not finish. Best rpg this gen for sure along with Valkyria Chronicles. But I never finished the story, here in Europe the 4th disc was packed inside an enveloppe, it was unplayable, it always gave me disc read errors. I then bought 2 other versions in the stores to no avail...

I think the way the 4th disc was packed caused that error I heard you where supposed to put the disc in very hot water for about three minutes and that would fix it.  Its dumb that in Australia where the game sold the least they got the best packaging where each disc got its own spot.  Borrowed this game from a friend from my brother and beat it had no problem with the 4th disc.  Lost the save file for the game when my first 360 got destroyed in a fire.  Still want to buy it and beat it again sometime in the future.  If it doesn't get a sequel it would be nice if it would get a enhanced port next gen wouldn't be a huge risk financially and wouldn't have to sell a lot to make a profit especially if its a downloadable game like the HD version of RE4, Jet Set Radio, and the rumored port of Skies of Arcandia and Shenmue 1&2.  What I really liked about the game that it had very good voice acting in six different languages.  But if it had a one less language track then all the thousand year dream sequences could have been narrated which would have improved the game a bit.  Also for a rpg with random encounter the encounters where a bit to random at times which made leveling up a bit of a chore. 

TC_Squared said:

Question 1: Probably not (unfortunately)
Question 2: Definitely

I in fact feel that Lost Odyssey is far more fitting for prequels/sequels than Final Fantasy ever was/is. Imagine actually playing the interaction of one of Kaim's unlocked memories. For example, the one Kaim is hired to kill a thief, and upon pursuit he becomes acquainted with whom turns out being the thief's mother. They could make a full/long side-quest out of that. It could be great to play those brilliant stories. Players could even access dungeons/cities hundreds of years prior to the original and see how much different it is.

Unfortunately, profits influence and promote everything. As much as I love FFVII, I strongly feel that it was NOT fitting for a sequel. That game concluded perfectly, and a sequel more-or-less made the ending obsolete. Nevertheless, FFVII sold exceptionally well, therefor sequels sold well.

One thing I regret when I played the game is that I pretty much skiped reading most of the thousand year dream sequences I also didn't find them all.

Lostplanet22 said:
Well the DLC boss is the hardest...in the game the first boss was for me the hardest (in the mountains) and had a ton of people complaining about..

That was the hardest boss for me also but did a bit of level grinding before I fought it the second time and beat it with no problem.  Did a lot more level grinding after that and had no problems with the rest of the bosses except for those tanks which took a few tries but wasn't to hard and the final boss was a bit of a challenge but beat him on the first try even though he almost wiped out my entire party a couple of times.

Chris Hu said:
Turkish said:
One of the best games I have played this gen but could not finish. Best rpg this gen for sure along with Valkyria Chronicles. But I never finished the story, here in Europe the 4th disc was packed inside an enveloppe, it was unplayable, it always gave me disc read errors. I then bought 2 other versions in the stores to no avail...

I think the way the 4th disc was packed caused that error I heard you where supposed to put the disc in very hot water for about three minutes and that would fix it.  Its dumb that in Australia where the game sold the least they got the best packaging where each disc got its own spot.  Borrowed this game from a friend from my brother and beat it had no problem with the 4th disc.  Lost the save file for the game when my first 360 got destroyed in a fire.  Still want to buy it and beat it again sometime in the future.  If it doesn't get a sequel it would be nice if it would get a enhanced port next gen wouldn't be a huge risk financially and wouldn't have to sell a lot to make a profit especially if its a downloadable game like the HD version of RE4, Jet Set Radio, and the rumored port of Skies of Arcandia and Shenmue 1&2.  What I really liked about the game that it had very good voice acting in six different languages.  But if it had a one less language track then all the thousand year dream sequences could have been narrated which would have improved the game a bit.  Also for a rpg with random encounter the encounters where a bit to random at times which made leveling up a bit of a chore. 

LOL I KNOW, my brother called me crazy back then putting the disc in hot water. Unfortunatly, it read the disc for 5 minutes longer. :(

Turkish said:
Chris Hu said:
Turkish said:

LOL I KNOW, my brother called me crazy back then putting the disc in hot water. Unfortunatly, it read the disc for 5 minutes longer. :(

Too bad the 4th disk never worked for you.  I spend about 80% game time on the 4th disk its when the game really opens up and Tolten gets his best ability and once another member of your party also learns that ability the game is pretty easy to beat.