By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid Reviews Vita Resistance... holly hell...

Alright, here's something that's extremely weird. This game just got it's first 10/10. From a site called Platinum Hits. Anyway, I call this review biased and bull. Don't know if this is going to be on Metacritic.
http://platinum-hits.com/resistance-burning-skies-review/

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

I've spent about an hour with it so far and it is good for what it is. Single player feels like a blast from the past screaming PS2 yet if games were good back then, why can they not still be fun today? Considering it is on a portable, I can understand the range of scores. Some will love it, some will hate it, and some will not know what to think. But hey, it has a free demo! Find out for yourself what you think.

The jokes on him, all that time playing that game just to give it a 2, lol i would have went back to my boss and told him/her the game is so bad that we should really consider not wasting the companies resources publishing a review.

Kynes said:

If we have to trust in Runa, we're screwed.

Hey, when have I not been fair? :P

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I still want it. I'll just pick it up when it's cheap.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
DepthAlly said:
Euphoria14 said:
DepthAlly said:

Not really. If the positive and negative reviews were even and outweighed the mixed by a lot, then it would be love it or hate it. But the fact that there are more mixed than positive and negative combined basically indicates that it's mediocre or average at best.

Going by your definition and then checking the link I provided and glancing at the userscore with over 100 ratings tells me differently.

With Resistance you have some "Mixed" feelings in there (Since when is a 70 considered "Mixed" anyways? Isn't 70 positive?) where they even state that the multiplayer will keep them coming back to the game time and time again.

I take "Mixed" as being more on the lines of a reviewer saying "There is plenty to enjoy here, but it up to your preferences to decide whether or not this game is for you", which is why I find scores like this to mean it is "Love it or Hate it", especially since that seems to be the case with just about every videogame, although even more so with the ones that settle in the 60-70 range.

This is just going by my view on it though since my gaming history has plenty of 60-70 scoring titles that I enjoyed greatly, with Nier and SaGa Frontier being at the top of my list. Plus, we all know that gamers don't usually agree fully with the opinions of the media, which is why I am very wary of these "Mixed feeling" scores even more so.

Fair enough, I was just saying that mixed, from the tone of the reviewers in that category for lots of games, range from mediocre to average which, to me, means the game is mediocre to average, overall rather than love it or hate it. Although, for some reviews 70 does seem like a good score, but for a lot of the 70's I see I mostly get the impression that the game is only decent.

Downloaded the demo and gave it a shot and you know what? You win this round.

The game really does feel average. It feels like it's lacking, almost like more of a "Hey look, we can do FPS on Vita."

Sony should put some better teams on Vita.

Gravity Rush however felt great.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The game has a Demo that is basically the full game except it stops you after you defeat your first boss. Easily one of the longer demos I have ever played. Instead of relying on reviews which are opinion based, form your own opinion.

For what it is worth, after playing the demo I think the IGN 5.5/10 is a fairer and better review than Destructoid which is just uninformative raging against the game. I don't mean the IGN score, but he actual information and reasoning in the review behind the score given is more true to the source.

Euphoria14 said:
DepthAlly said:

Fair enough, I was just saying that mixed, from the tone of the reviewers in that category for lots of games, range from mediocre to average which, to me, means the game is mediocre to average, overall rather than love it or hate it. Although, for some reviews 70 does seem like a good score, but for a lot of the 70's I see I mostly get the impression that the game is only decent.

Downloaded the demo and gave it a shot and you know what? You win this round.

The game really does feel average. It feels like it's lacking, almost like more of a "Hey look, we can do FPS on Vita."

Sony should put some better teams on Vita.

Gravity Rush however felt great.

I wonder if there will be a dev that will take a risk and put a huge effort in an FPS on Vita. I think Sony just made a bad choice in the dev for Resistance.

Man, Gravity Rush looks tremendous. I watched someone play it for a couple hours on Twitch and it looks sooo great!

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

I have the game, only gotten to the 2nd chapter and say it's around a 7 at the moment

After playing the demo I can safely say fuck that guy. The game seems very good from a technical standpoint. It may be generic and boring, I don't know, but so was Resistance 2 and look at its reviews. Hopefully this game is different in that case.

I'll definitely get it after it becomes cheaper. Even if the single player was lacking, the multiplayer should be enough to make up for it.