By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

morenoingrato said:

This site needs to change, a lot. Being very strict is a good change.

That is a very blunt way to put it. Overall, being very strict isn't a good change.

Around the Network

If people make an official PS4 and 720 thread when they are announced I am probably out of this place for sure. Making separate threads for different news stories is much more interesting to me and easier to find a good topic.

well.. considering Machina made you make a official because you were cluttering( nice word for spaming) that should say something....

chocoloco said:

If people make an official PS4 and 720 thread when they are announced I am probably out of this place for sure. Making separate threads for different news stories is much more interesting to me and easier to find a good topic.

Agreed.

spurgeonryan said:
Jay520 said:
Why do you keep saying the site was dead 6 months ago? I don't remember it like that.

Dude! Back in December/January/November it was almost impossible to get a thread over 100 posts. No one was doing anything. Boring as Hell! Once in a while you would have that lucky one sneak through and push out 150-200. A lot of threads were just shut down by the mods, or were given up on by the creator when no one post. I remember whole quarter of pages full of threads be lucky to hit over 5 hits.  Look at threads today. Even mediocre threads push out at least 30 posts per thread. It will only pick up more now that E3 is here soon. I am here all day you can trust me that I have noticed a change

Is it a bad thing, if a thread has less than 100 posts? I personally think, that so long threads are hard to read, because actual information or interesting argumentation or opinion is covered into a mass of "me too", "doom" or whatever. Sure, fun-threads are cool and it is easy to get a much of posts there. I'm not opposed to the idea of fun-threads. But I also don't think a thread is pointless, because it only gets a few answers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I... actually had a lot of weak posts early on, and I regret them.

Honestly, Spurge, they were not suffocating the site, they were putting it back on track when it was about to collapse, Montana in particular was fantastic, too bad he gave up after having to face very stubborn people.

I find it pathetic that you, Jay and Chocoloco, would leave if someone was to make two different threads in our forum. That's two threads. You would leave because of that. Whatever, though, it's you choice.

Khuutra said:
spurgeonryan said:
Maybe gaming threads and elimiination threads along with nsfw threads should be in a seperaate forum that does not show up on hot topiics. If you want them, then you go there to get them. But many forums have those types of threads.

Also people are more than welcome to take info out of the official threads and make a thread out of it.

Or we can just get rid of those threads altogether! It gets rid of a deluge of topics which contribute nothing to discussion and serve to bury actual good gaming-centric conversation. Yes! Yes, I like this idea.

Somebody get me an administrator on the phone, I got ideas

Just like I told mjo011

The point of the Official Nintendo thread is to gather up small news stories that aren't thread worthy, or at least that's what Spurge said. The forums would just be cluttered and uninteresting if it were filled with a bunch of small uninteresting news stories. (Like the Microsoft forum)   

ok what I don't understand is this. IF you are so against Official threads, then make your own news threads as well. How many who whine actually made any vita related threads in recent times? Of the few who actually make them how many were actually catered for genuine discussion and how many were just troll havens? Good example now R Burning Skies reviews are pouring in. We in the OT are discussing all reviews. But the one thread that actually gets posted about is the lowest scored one. Ok let's forget about making the threads, how much do you guys actually 'post' in such threads? Not much that's for certain

Understand this, why the Official Vita thread is so successful and why it still going strong is because there are reasons for people to keep going back to it...it's because as shocking as it is people actually enjoy a non trolling environment to talk about gaming. I don't know if anyone here sees me as a spammer, but at one point I was like the sony version of Nsanity, I made many news threads over at sony section and even some in other sections. I still do from time to time. Times have changed and the reality is despite vita being a newly launched system with a lot of great things to talk about, all such topics gets derailed. I know that users like Sal are still trying their best to make new threads for important topics for vita and I support them as much as I can. I personally think the OT Vita thread should be stickied at this point.

I get it that some of you may not find such threads useful or fun. That's just too bad because there are those who feel the exact opposite as well. It's almost like some of you are just flat out ignoring this because it doesn't fit the your own personal needs. Official threads like that are common in Gaf too you know and that has done nothing but good for that forum.

All I want to see from those who complain, just stop. Make some interesting threads yourself. Bring and generate more interesting non trolling discussions.

Ironically enough, every time I see an old member pointing at a thread from years back...they are basically spam or bait threads most of the time. Not sure what was so great or even different about any of that tbh

anywho I'm done defending my thread. It's the only reason why I am even still around this site.

oh and one last thing, I would LOVE to be able to call out trolls as they are..trolls and not be banned for it. That's a change I welcome dearly

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Xxain said:
NintendoPie said:
Xxain said:
@Nintendopie - The underlining problem is this sites relentless focus on unproductive garbage <------
Thats everybody, im pointing out newcomers arent growing. I started my career off here in those spam threads to, now I hate all them. I outgrew them and decided to get hands dirty with real discussion

What do you think are Spam Threads? Those fun threads? Ones that don't necessarily talk about Games or Sales, nothing of the such that you like, right?

Its no secret that game threads are spam.. all of them. Its normal to see them but THIS site has over abused the privilage.  There are some people on this site that have like 5000 post and ive never seem em and im like where fuck this user come from * looks at post history* NOTHING but game threads. Thats not productive. If you think that the mass amount of game threads are acceptable then I cant continue to discuss with. Its spam bottomline

not even just ggame threads

Doom thread can be spam too  usaully when they are poorly written without any meaningful facts. Just dead cause I dont want one

just like game threads dooms need to go to just another unprodutive activity

Give him a break, he's only like 11-12 years old?  Kids love that kind of repetitive crap and to have all the attention on the internet. At least hes civil and friendly, and not flaming/insulting provoking people like other 12 year olds on the web do