By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

lestatdark said:
I agree with some of your impressions and disagree with others, but just wanted to point out that Diablo II was also piss poor easy on Normal difficulty if you didn't use the PlayersX command to boost it to at least Players 4 and above.

Since DIII doesn't have that, it feels much easier, but it's pretty much on par. Normal is the "casual" mode so that those who don't want to invest too much time on the higher difficulties can finish the game.

There also seems to be a rather large jump in difficulty at each level, much more than it was on DII. I've read constant complains about Inferno being too unforgiving and too hard for solo characters.

Normal was indeed very easy in Diablo II, especially with the best builds and classes. I played through Normal on "players 8" not long ago with a Zealadin. But at least the main bosses offered some challenge back then, even on Normal. I actually had some trouble with Duriel and Diablo. Azmodan in DIablo III is the most ridiculous boss in the game so far, he was so easy it wasn't even fun, I lost exactly zero HP killing him and it took me about 30 seconds.

Can't get to nightmare soon enough!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
I agree with some of your impressions and disagree with others, but just wanted to point out that Diablo II was also piss poor easy on Normal difficulty if you didn't use the PlayersX command to boost it to at least Players 4 and above.

Since DIII doesn't have that, it feels much easier, but it's pretty much on par. Normal is the "casual" mode so that those who don't want to invest too much time on the higher difficulties can finish the game.

There also seems to be a rather large jump in difficulty at each level, much more than it was on DII. I've read constant complains about Inferno being too unforgiving and too hard for solo characters.

Normal was indeed very easy in Diablo II, especially with the best builds and classes. I played through Normal on "players 8" not long ago with a Zealadin. But at least the main bosses offered some challenge back then, even on Normal. I actually had some trouble with Duriel and Diablo. Azmodan in DIablo III is the most ridiculous boss in the game so far, he was so easy it wasn't even fun, I lost exactly zero HP killing him and it took me about 30 seconds.

cant wait for inferno mode!!!

playing it with friends is going to insanely fun, and on top of that its going to give us awesome loot!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

My score is a 6.

I subtract around 3.5 points for Blizzards moronic decision.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

i personally love it. integration with other battle.net stuff is cool. game itself is addicting as hell (easy so far but that is on casual...cmon guys. go back and play d2 and tell me casual isnt a joke)

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:

I agree with you there on regards with the Bosses (though I also didn't have much trouble with bosses on D2, even at players 8, proper leech equipment meant almost invicibility). Belial was piss poor easy, even with my rather fragile Witch Doctor, his attacks were easily telegraphed and barely damaging. 

Oh well, gonna see that about Azmodan soon, since i'm at act III now . Can't wait for the higher difficulties and better loot.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:

I agree with you there on regards with the Bosses (though I also didn't have much trouble with bosses on D2, even at players 8, proper leech equipment meant almost invicibility). Belial was piss poor easy, even with my rather fragile Witch Doctor, his attacks were easily telegraphed and barely damaging. 

Oh well, gonna see that about Azmodan soon, since i'm at act III now . Can't wait for the higher difficulties and better loot.

Azmodan is by far the easiest of the main bosses. I just beat Normal difficulty, played a tiny bit of The Fallen Star on Nightmare, mobs seem decently strong but overall I'm not getting any more resistance than on Normal, perhaps even less. I won't be fooled though, Diablo I and II were notoriosly simple in the beginning of both Nightmare and Hell, things could take a turn for the worse (or better in my case).

I've found some pretty decent witch doctor gear but most of my own is bought off of the auction house. Luckily, people are starting to price their stuff a bit more rationally. I've managed to sell almost every item I put up, but I started at a reasonable price to begin with. I actually saw a guy posting a hand-crossbow for 200.000.000 million in bid and buyout!

Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:

Azmodan is by far the easiest of the main bosses. I just beat Normal difficulty, played a tiny bit of The Fallen Star on Nightmare, mobs seem decently strong but overall I'm not getting any more resistance than on Normal, perhaps even less. I won't be fooled though, Diablo I and II were notoriosly simple in the beginning of both Nightmare and Hell, things could take a turn for the worse (or better in my case).

I've found some pretty decent witch doctor gear but most of my own is bought off of the auction house. Luckily, people are starting to price their stuff a bit more rationally. I've managed to sell almost every item I put up, but I started at a reasonable price to begin with. I actually saw a guy posting a hand-crossbow for 200.000.000 million in bid and buyout!

What are your current stats for WD? 

I'm at level 28 in Act III, with 442 Int, 511 Armor and 352.23 DPS, not too shabby . My gear is amazing, though it's mostly crafted (been crafting a LOT).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

vlad321 said:
My score is a 6.

I subtract around 3.5 points for Blizzards moronic decision.

So the game is a 9.5 out of 10?

Why do u subtract points? Because it demands constant online?

You guys are aware that there is a 4th difficulty called Inferno that is supposed to be very very difficult, right?

(Compared to only the 3 difficulties for Diablo 2)

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:

You guys are aware that there is a 4th difficulty called Inferno that is supposed to be very very difficult, right?

(Compared to only the 3 difficulties for Diablo 2)

Yeah, people are having trouble soloing even Act I on it. It'll take a lot of farming on Hell to get the proper gear for it.

Current PC Build