By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - My Diablo III first impressions

lestatdark said:
Baalzamon said:

You guys are aware that there is a 4th difficulty called Inferno that is supposed to be very very difficult, right?

(Compared to only the 3 difficulties for Diablo 2)

Yeah, people are having trouble soloing even Act I on it. It'll take a lot of farming on Hell to get the proper gear for it.

well from what ive seen groups arent doing bad in inferno mode. and if people are having trouble in act 1 then i wonder how they are going to do later on, as the difficulty increases per act dramatically. 

cant wait to play the mode with my friends.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
vlad321 said:
My score is a 6.

I subtract around 3.5 points for Blizzards moronic decision.

So the game is a 9.5 out of 10?

Why do u subtract points? Because it demands constant online?

No, it's a 6. And yes, among other fuck ups.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Slimebeast said:
vlad321 said:
My score is a 6.

Could you elaborate? I always like to hear your opinion on gameplay mechanics being dumbed down and that stuff.

Do u mean it would have been 6+3.5=9.5 if it hadn't been for "Blizzards moronic decision"?

Slimebeast said:
vlad321 said:
Slimebeast said:
vlad321 said:
My score is a 6.

Could you elaborate? I always like to hear your opinion on gameplay mechanics being dumbed down and that stuff.

Do u mean it would have been 6+3.5=9.5 if it hadn't been for "Blizzards moronic decision"?

Yes. Though the items in this game are kind of lacking and simple, much mroe simple than in D2, and I feel liek there is just less variety. Maybe when I get deeper it will get better. While it is true, you CAN rune your ksills and stuff and there are tons of combinations, the truth is that you are still left with like only a handful of skills instead of 30 from D2.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
I agree with some of your impressions and disagree with others, but just wanted to point out that Diablo II was also piss poor easy on Normal difficulty if you didn't use the PlayersX command to boost it to at least Players 4 and above.

Since DIII doesn't have that, it feels much easier, but it's pretty much on par. Normal is the "casual" mode so that those who don't want to invest too much time on the higher difficulties can finish the game.

There also seems to be a rather large jump in difficulty at each level, much more than it was on DII. I've read constant complains about Inferno being too unforgiving and too hard for solo characters.

Normal was indeed very easy in Diablo II, especially with the best builds and classes. I played through Normal on "players 8" not long ago with a Zealadin. But at least the main bosses offered some challenge back then, even on Normal. I actually had some trouble with Duriel and Diablo. Azmodan in DIablo III is the most ridiculous boss in the game so far, he was so easy it wasn't even fun, I lost exactly zero HP killing him and it took me about 30 seconds.

Can't get to nightmare soon enough!

I agree with you there on regards with the Bosses (though I also didn't have much trouble with bosses on D2, even at players 8, proper leech equipment meant almost invicibility). Belial was piss poor easy, even with my rather fragile Witch Doctor, his attacks were easily telegraphed and barely damaging. 

Oh well, gonna see that about Azmodan soon, since i'm at act III now . Can't wait for the higher difficulties and better loot.

Azmodan is by far the easiest of the main bosses. I just beat Normal difficulty, played a tiny bit of The Fallen Star on Nightmare, mobs seem decently strong but overall I'm not getting any more resistance than on Normal, perhaps even less. I won't be fooled though, Diablo I and II were notoriosly simple in the beginning of both Nightmare and Hell, things could take a turn for the worse (or better in my case).

I've found some pretty decent witch doctor gear but most of my own is bought off of the auction house. Luckily, people are starting to price their stuff a bit more rationally. I've managed to sell almost every item I put up, but I started at a reasonable price to begin with. I actually saw a guy posting a hand-crossbow for 200.000.000 million in bid and buyout!

What are your current stats for WD? 

I'm at level 28 in Act III, with 442 Int, 511 Armor and 352.23 DPS, not too shabby . My gear is amazing, though it's mostly crafted (been crafting a LOT).

I play a Demon Hunter! But I keep finding Witch Doctor gear!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
I agree with some of your impressions and disagree with others, but just wanted to point out that Diablo II was also piss poor easy on Normal difficulty if you didn't use the PlayersX command to boost it to at least Players 4 and above.

Since DIII doesn't have that, it feels much easier, but it's pretty much on par. Normal is the "casual" mode so that those who don't want to invest too much time on the higher difficulties can finish the game.

There also seems to be a rather large jump in difficulty at each level, much more than it was on DII. I've read constant complains about Inferno being too unforgiving and too hard for solo characters.

Normal was indeed very easy in Diablo II, especially with the best builds and classes. I played through Normal on "players 8" not long ago with a Zealadin. But at least the main bosses offered some challenge back then, even on Normal. I actually had some trouble with Duriel and Diablo. Azmodan in DIablo III is the most ridiculous boss in the game so far, he was so easy it wasn't even fun, I lost exactly zero HP killing him and it took me about 30 seconds.

Can't get to nightmare soon enough!

I agree with you there on regards with the Bosses (though I also didn't have much trouble with bosses on D2, even at players 8, proper leech equipment meant almost invicibility). Belial was piss poor easy, even with my rather fragile Witch Doctor, his attacks were easily telegraphed and barely damaging. 

Oh well, gonna see that about Azmodan soon, since i'm at act III now . Can't wait for the higher difficulties and better loot.

Azmodan is by far the easiest of the main bosses. I just beat Normal difficulty, played a tiny bit of The Fallen Star on Nightmare, mobs seem decently strong but overall I'm not getting any more resistance than on Normal, perhaps even less. I won't be fooled though, Diablo I and II were notoriosly simple in the beginning of both Nightmare and Hell, things could take a turn for the worse (or better in my case).

I've found some pretty decent witch doctor gear but most of my own is bought off of the auction house. Luckily, people are starting to price their stuff a bit more rationally. I've managed to sell almost every item I put up, but I started at a reasonable price to begin with. I actually saw a guy posting a hand-crossbow for 200.000.000 million in bid and buyout!

What are your current stats for WD? 

I'm at level 28 in Act III, with 442 Int, 511 Armor and 352.23 DPS, not too shabby . My gear is amazing, though it's mostly crafted (been crafting a LOT).

I play a Demon Hunter! But I keep finding Witch Doctor gear!

Oh XD.

I keep finding pretty decent Demon Hunter gear (got a Rare that has 8 - 12 damage, +75 dex and +20 to life per hit), but my WD gear is not too shabby as well, though most of it is crafted.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Diablo III is good, but not "Diablo II good". The main problem of Diablo III is the existance of Diablo II, which was too good. Nothing can live up to such standards.

Sensei said:
Diablo III is good, but not "Diablo II good". The main problem of Diablo III is the existance of Diablo II, which was too good. Nothing can live up to such standards.

Actually (and this is exclusively IMO), there's a game that lived up to D2 standards and went above them: Titan Quest. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Sensei said:

Actually (and this is exclusively IMO), there's a game that lived up to D2 standards and went above them: Titan Quest. 

Hmm, while Titan Quest was certainly an incredible game, I just never spent as many hours chugging away at it as I did with Diabli II. I really don't know why, on the surface its a better title on almost all accounts.

I like Diablo 3 quite a lot.
It's fun to play and I don't have any lags when I play with my friends. Definitely more fun to me than D2, which I quit at ~lvl39 Necro and again at roughly the same lvl Druid after the expension released.

I do understand that people might want to decide for themselves which skilltree to use and so on to have a more individual character, but deciding on which skills and rune combinations to use in combat seems fine to me, especially because I don't want to play 30 hours again after realizing that my skillset sucks.