By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avengers is THE best super hero movie thus far.

How many times have you seen it, or plan to, in theaters?

0 0 0%

1 18 50.00%

2 4 11.11%

3 6 16.67%

4 1 2.78%

5 0 0%

6 0 0%

7 0 0%

8 0 0%

see dirty insides 7 19.44%

Total:36

Too bad we will most likely never see any one from Xmen, Spiderman, Fantastic 4 or Ghost rider in any of the avenger movies.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Attoyou said:

Too bad we will most likely never see any one from Xmen, Spiderman, Fantastic 4 or Ghost rider in any of the avenger movies.

They can make a deal and get those characters into an avengers film. It would actually be beneficial for both the given character & Avengers2/3 whatever!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Attoyou said:

They can make a deal and get those characters into an avengers film. It would actually be beneficial for both the given character & Avengers2/3 whatever!

With the money it's making,they could do anything with The Avengers 2.

It as pretty damn good. I think some people here are taking it too seriously and looking for levels of depth that would be ridiculously out of place to the vast majority of people watching. The film was good fun and when you have such an outlandish idea as a bunch of over the top superheroes getting together; the jokes fit very well.

What made the film work though was the chemistry between the characters. I could kinda tell Joss wheden directed it as the humor reminded me of Buffy and the chemistry between the characters reminded me of Firefly.

Best superhero film though? Not sure. It was better than each of the heroes' films but X2, X-men: the last stand, Spiderman 2 and the new Batman films (although I'm not sure I count them as superhero films) were pretty special.

Oh, and it features the best incarnation of the Hulk I've seen yet. I've yet to see a decent Hulk film.

Around the Network

I dunno, I haven't seen it yet but it's gonna take a lot to be better than The Dark Knight. Especially dem joker scenes.

lol Avengers doesnt come close to The Dark Knight....

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I went to see all the prequel indivual movies before over past couple of years so finally seeing this movie was such an awesome experience.
when i go to the movies i go to be entertained i do not go to see some deeper meaning to life.
The Batman movies of late has been way too serious for me, I prefer the over the top stories of the marvel movies.
i think everything in The Avengers was stellar with the exception of the story which i thought was ok, but the character interaction, the humour and the action scenes make up for that so much.
Story wise i think the best Superhero movie i have seen has been Xmen: First Class which i also thoroughly enjoyed.

Meh. It was nice brainless popcorn entertainment, and I enjoyed watching it quite a bit, but all in all it wasn't that great, imo.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Agreed 100%, haven't enjoyed a movie on the big screen like this since Return of the King several years ago! Brilliant superhero movie! "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"