By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avengers is THE best super hero movie thus far.

How many times have you seen it, or plan to, in theaters?

0 0 0%

1 18 50.00%

2 4 11.11%

3 6 16.67%

4 1 2.78%

5 0 0%

6 0 0%

7 0 0%

8 0 0%

see dirty insides 7 19.44%

Total:36

Yep, agreed the Avengers beat the tdk and tdkr (from my current impressions anyways) by miles. Batman sucks overall. He isn't as cool as people make him to be and he is weak as fuck.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
fillet said:
The Avengers is a travesty of a film and doesn't do justice to it's concept. A waste of time, hype and hope.

We won't get another film like it in concept for years because of how crap it was and how it will be remembered (by people who actually know if they are watching a good film or now) as a pice of crap, relative to what it could have been.

It's throw-away popcorn tosh, exactly what it wasn't supposed to be.

Yes everyone seems happy with it, except the core fans, who it was supposedly aimed at. That rot will run through and even the brainless movie going general public will eventually scumb to the thoughts of the intellectual core fans.

It happened with Pro Evo, it happened with FIFA, it will happen with this cross-over genre.

It made a fortune and Marvel were still trying to save money by ousting Edward Norton as Hulk, and unwilling to pay proper money to top end actors, says it all really.

You mean the obessed fans that will knock any marvel movie down for whatever minor detail. I honestly don't believe this movie was aimed for the core. It was to introduce the general public to the overall marvel universe and how all the characters tie-in. I personally have never read a marvel comic book and I enjoyed the shit out of this movie. Best hero movie since X-men: First class.

What makes you so high and mighty to think the rest of us aren't smart enough to recognize a good movie from a bad one? Where is this arrogance coming from? Besides, if the mass public is happy with the movie, even if the core fans are butthurt, they will most likely make another one and I HOPE THEY DO.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I have yet to see the Avengers since I've been so busy the past few weeks. But seeing how literally everyone I've talked to says it's awesome, I can't wait to see it myself!

I think I will go to the midnight premiere for TDKR. Who's with me??

fillet said:
The Avengers is a travesty of a film and doesn't do justice to it's concept. A waste of time, hype and hope.

We won't get another film like it in concept for years because of how crap it was and how it will be remembered (by people who actually know if they are watching a good film or now) as a pice of crap, relative to what it could have been.

Yes everyone seems happy with it, except the core fans, who it was supposedly aimed at. That rot will run through and even the brainless movie going general public will eventually scumb to the thoughts of the intellectual core fans.

It happened with Pro Evo, it happened with FIFA, it will happen with this cross-over genre.

It made a fortune and Marvel were still trying to save money by ousting Edward Norton as Hulk, and unwilling to pay proper money to top end actors, says it all really.

This post confuses and amuses me, for several reasons.

1) They are already making sequels to it because it was such a huge success.

2) The idea of comic book geekery being considered an intellectual pursuit is hilarious

3) Mark Ruffalo gave perhaps the best performance in the film and certainly made a better hulk than Norton.

4) A popcorn movie was exactly what the film was supposed to be, and a great popcorn film is what it was.

Nah, I found the overall story mediocre. Not bad, just kind of unimpressive, would have prefered that the chitauri used their comic abilities since they are also shapeshifting aliens, so they could have make a skrull like invasion without loki needing to interfer and probably would have ensured more drama. The comedy was like a disney movie, out of place many times and making what could have been possible great scenes a joke.
Characterization was excellent and that's something i praise about the movie.Action was nice, but didnt find cgi that incredible.
I was expecting the hulk to go berserk at the end instead of being a really well controlled hulk, that was dissapointing i wanted them to show the hulk not as a hero, but as a double edge sword and as a dangerous being for everyone.

I agree with something fillet said, the movie wasnt aimed as us, yet that was to be expected, no real comic based movie has been really nice to us or have followed the comic totally (except maybe Watchmen).
A good super hero movie, a decent action movie, yet nothing really remarkable that will make me remember the movie after some months (excpet hulk beating loki).
I still find TDK, Spidey and Wacthemen better as both superhero and standalone movies.

Around the Network

Huge comics fan, here. I liked the movie a lot, mostly because I like any story where a bunch of Superheroes with different personalities come together. That's why I used to love team books so much. Just the character dynamics alone would wow me. This movie had that. I liked how it was pretty faithful to the comics when it came to who got along with who and who was respected.

Probably my favorite part was when Cap faced off with Loki early in the movie. I was thinking to myself, "That's just what Captain America would do." Yeah, he always has a plan and a way to win, but whenever a despot is ranting and trying to subjugate people, Cap can't help but walk up to them and punch them in the face!

It was a fun movie with some great moments and a cool culmination of a good experiment but, in the end, it was pretty forgettable. Aside from a lot of great characters in one place, the story was pretty weak. If I watch it again (and I will), I'll likely tear the movie a new ass by asking "Why did he do this? Why didn't he just do that?" As a comic come to life, I gotta say that it almost did everything that I wanted it to--especially the super-hero face offs like Hulk vs. Thor or Iron Man vs. Thor. The story just needed more time in the oven. Just seeing all of the heroes in one place will make it my favorite Marvel movie but X-Men First Class is easily a better package.

Good comic brought to life. Great fun for a summer blockbuster. Kind of weak as a movie. Again, coming from a HUGE comic geek.

I don't agree. I still consider TDK,Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2 to be better.But I can see why a lot of people praise it so much.It's action scenes are unmatched,and the humor is pretty damn awesome.But that's all there is to it.
It didn't even come close to leaving an impact as big as those 3 movies that I mentioned above.

Personally, I enjoyed Iron Man and Thor better, even.

The story in this seemed lopsided, weighted too much toward one end of the movie. It had too little of the film with the Avengers actually united AS The Avengers. And Loki being the only major antagonist made it feel more like Thor 2: The Avengers.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I saw it with my younger sister. She liked all of the other Marvel movies (she didn't see Thor, though) so I figured she'd be good company for this one since my girlfriend would never go see this one. When the after credits scene rolled and they revealed that one guy, I was the only one in the theater that yelled, "HOLY FUCK!"

That was a cool moment. One of the best that I can remember, as a matter of fact. The movie was just one cool moment after another.  The sequel, though--if they do that one right--it will be something special.

fillet said:

Lol wow you sound too serious.