By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avengers is THE best super hero movie thus far.

How many times have you seen it, or plan to, in theaters?

0 0 0%

1 18 50.00%

2 4 11.11%

3 6 16.67%

4 1 2.78%

5 0 0%

6 0 0%

7 0 0%

8 0 0%

see dirty insides 7 19.44%

Total:36
TheKoreanGuy said:

Haha,I saw that pic a few days ago and lol'ed hard.

Around the Network

Some very good opinions here, but seriously fillet... relax, it did not rape your mom. Let me repeat that... AVENGERS DID NOT BRUTALLY GANG RAPE YOUR MOTHER WITH MASSIVE GREEN PENIS.

I never understand the anger some 'core' fans of franchises get when somethign doesn't fit their percieved view of the IP. It happens with every major story from Star Wars to Transformers to comic book heroes.

The humor was nicely done... the repetitive body slamming of loki... the out of nowhere punch to Thor ... all from Hulk at perfect timing. The action was intense and seriously done well, even the non-super heroes were simply bad asses and done well.

Then yes, the ending clearly leaves you foaming at the mouth for more. I can't wait for the sequel. It better live up to this one. In fact, now I have to rewatch Thor just so I can imagine how bad ass the next  conflict will become.

superchunk said:

Some very good opinions here, but seriously fillet... relax, it did not rape your mom. Let me repeat that... AVENGERS DID NOT BRUTALLY GANG RAPE YOUR MOTHER WITH MASSIVE GREEN PENIS.

I never understand the anger some 'core' fans of franchises get when somethign doesn't fit their percieved view of the IP. It happens with every major story from Star Wars to Transformers to comic book heroes.

The humor was nicely done... the repetitive body slamming of loki... the out of nowhere punch to Thor ... all from Hulk at perfect timing. The action was intense and seriously done well, even the non-super heroes were simply bad asses and done well.

Then yes, the ending clearly leaves you foaming at the mouth for more. I can't wait for the sequel. It better live up to this one. In fact, now I have to rewatch Thor just so I can imagine how bad ass the next  conflict will become.

It's pretty obvious that Fillet has problems with getting mad/hating on things a lot.

Mordred11 said:

Haha,I saw that pic a few days ago and lol'ed hard.

I'm guessing you are excited for TDKR? We'll see who the victor is soon!

Anyone who saw the Avengers agree with this? lol

Around the Network

I wonder how many Avengers movies will end up on our hands.There are so many possible scenarios in that universe.
This could become the highest grossing franchise ever,if they play their cards well.

Deoz said:
Nah, I found the overall story mediocre. Not bad, just kind of unimpressive, would have prefered that the chitauri used their comic abilities since they are also shapeshifting aliens, so they could have make a skrull like invasion without loki needing to interfer and probably would have ensured more drama. The comedy was like a disney movie, out of place many times and making what could have been possible great scenes a joke.
Characterization was excellent and that's something i praise about the movie.Action was nice, but didnt find cgi that incredible.
I was expecting the hulk to go berserk at the end instead of being a really well controlled hulk, that was dissapointing i wanted them to show the hulk not as a hero, but as a double edge sword and as a dangerous being for everyone.

I agree with something fillet said, the movie wasnt aimed as us, yet that was to be expected, no real comic based movie has been really nice to us or have followed the comic totally (except maybe Watchmen).
A good super hero movie, a decent action movie, yet nothing really remarkable that will make me remember the movie after some months (excpet hulk beating loki).
I still find TDK, Spidey and Wacthemen better as both superhero and standalone movies.

What about Sin City in terms of following the comic?

Fairy-tale antagonist, lackluster story, mediocre slapstick humor, uninspiring action sequences. To be fair, the well-crafted interactions between characters was commendable.

I cringed at the crash of Thor's Mjölnir and Capt. America shield, just like when Batmobile scale up the wall and did a 180 degree turn in TDK. Pandering at its finest, at least not so much in the case of The Dark Knight.

Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.

action-wise yes, but story-wise and overall movie, First Class remains my best superhero movie, it has a deapest meaning than just fighting aliens

then comes Dark Knight and then Avengers

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I disagree...x-men first class, spidey 2, TDK were far better.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey