By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you be keeping your Wii??

I will, but I don't plan on buying Wii U immediately anyway.

In the past I sold my Megadrive to fund the N64 purchase, I had a mid-term swap of N64s (sold my original but bought my sisters from her a week later) but didn't sell the second N64 to get the GameCube. To help fund the Wii purchase I sold the GC before the Wii launch, and then finally sold the N64 about 2 years later.

With the Wii ability to play GC games I didn't have to sell them, so I only miss the ones I sell intentionally (REmake being the only one I wish I had back)
I did of course sell my MD and N64 games with their respective consoles... I miss Micro Machines from the MD, and the usual classics from the N64 (Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, Pilotwings, Star Wars Ep1 Pod racer... I don't miss Goldeneye so much as I recognise it has aged, and I feel I maxed it out back then, whereas I didn't get to spend as much time with Perfect Dark)

As such, if and when I get a Wii U... I don't think I will be selling the Wii as I don't think I could give up Wave Race, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness and Timesplitters 2. And even if I never planned to play it again I don't think I would sell Windwaker until an alternate method of playing it arose.

Around the Network

I'm gonna try to hold my Wii for as long as I can.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Of course I am going to keep it.

Duh, I keep everything. Already planning on moving it upstairs and playing Wii games over the Internet with my son in the other room.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

lol? you'll probably get like 20 bucks for it, why the hell would you sell it?

Around the Network

i was going to keep it for GC games, but i rather just rebuy the Cube and get rid of the WIi, luckily i never really dove into the DL games or VC

I'm still holding out for Nintendo to announce at E3 that I can transfer my virtual console games over to the Wii U
(or whatever they're changing the name to) and that GameCube games will be sold digitally for 4.99 :).... Then I'll definitely sell my Wii.

Wii U is b/c so it's a fair question.

Also no as Wii emulation isn't 100% yet.

I'm keeping mine. I never get rid of my consoles.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

My Nintendo Wii was given to me as a Christmas present so I will definitely be keeping it.