By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is it fair that God forces us to be conscious for an eternity?

Answer the damn question!

Yes, it's fair. 49 49.00%

No, it's not fair. 19 19.00%

Other. (Please specify). 32 32.00%

Total:100

Jay:

Why does an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving God create the universe and create humans for the sole purpose of making us praise him? And if we don't praise and devote our lives to him, we get sent to eternal damnation and torture.

What kind of selfish, conceited, arrogant bastard God is that? That's what I want to know.

Around the Network
WiiBox3 said:
It's fair for God to do whatever God wants, because God is God and what we feel is fair or not is irrelevant. Plus fair is in the eye of the beholder. What you feel is fair may not feel fair to the Assassinated.

For example:
Let's say you both work 8 hours a day doing the same thing. But because you have better reflexes you complete 1.5x the amount of work he does. Would it be fair to you if you made the same amount of money as he did? Would it be fair to him if you made 1.5x more money than he did even though he is putting in all of his effort into the job?

Nice job dodging the question. Do YOU think it's fair.

Jobs are about your productivity, not necessarily how hard you work. Jobs don't try to be fair. However, God is seen as fair. Thus, the problem.

wfz said:
Jay:

Why does an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving God create the universe and create humans for the sole purpose of making us praise him? And if we don't praise and devote our lives to him, we get sent to eternal damnation and torture.

What kind of selfish, conceited, arrogant bastard God is that? That's what I want to know.

I'm convinced. I don't believe in God anymore. At least, not the tradition God.

Phew! *wipes forehead* it would have been rough to live under such tyranny. What a relief!

Soriku said:

Dodece said:
Once again your working from the assumption that your current limited perspective will remain unchanged over all of those eons. Has it occurred to you that over time you will probably master yourself utterly. What is to prevent you from devising a way to be in a perfect euphoric state. Suffusing your very being with a sublime state of utter, and complete joy. Like a billion orgasms going off all at once. So much joy you couldn't even begin to think about anything else ever again.

People change over time so why would you expect that a person that is eternal would be unchanged by all of that time into a being that is completely beyond petty boredom. In other words at a trillion years you would be as far beyond boredom as relativity is impossibly beyond a newborn. I have always wondered why people believe in a god that is supposedly perfect, but isn't smart enough to figure solutions well in advance. For all you know this god that concerns you so much may just dump you into the eternal version of a opium den.

This is pure speculation.

Tbh I agree with the OP. The thought of living forever on end has always freaked me out, and if you're in Hell...well you dun goofed.

Well you know what they say.. heaven is for the climate but hell is for the company.

you will continue to exist even without a god. you are comprised of material created in the formation of our universe. billions of years old already with an indefinite amount of time ahead of you.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

To Mr Bubbles,

Good point. Fixing now

If I'm going to hell, I'm not sure. I guess not, sounds pretty bad if you don't believe in the right god? I mean, I want to live a good life, probably on the standards of several religions, but I have no way of knowing which god I should believe in if any. Point is, if there's a creator of some kind, I think it's unfair should I go to hell for being only human and not knowing what to believe in. And if I'm going to heaven? Still not sure but at least I have some confidence the place is going to be so awesome that I'm not getting bored there! So... why not I guess?

What's the difference between God and Santa Claus?

One's a make-believe, supposedly all knowing figure who see's everything you do, that your parents told you about when you were really little to make sure you behave for 365 days out of the year... and the other is Santa Claus.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

TWRoO said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It is unfair. You have no choice in the matter, you also go to hell for ridiculous reasons any decent human being could see past, the whole idea of hell speaks volumes of just how moral abrahamic religions are going by a literal interpretation. The idea of God and his total ownership and dictatorship of your past, present and future destroys any true sense of individuality as you're merely the creation of a superior being, living eternally in a world that is ultimately under his total control.

That sentence reminded me of these folks:

Hallowed are the Ori.

Googles "hallowed are the ori"...

...lol

SnakeDrake said:
Jay520 said:
People think it's fair that God FORCED you into this crazy world without invitation? And then FORCED you to abide by his rules? And then when decide you want to leave this world (suicide), he FORCES you to an eternity in hell? No, he doesn't allow you to stop living, even though you have every right to since you never asked to live. He decides to put you through infinite torture for and infinite amount of time. Not to mention he knew how his plan would end since the beginning. That's fair?

Sounds like a dictatorship to me

Maybe you should visit church sometimes and you'd know that God is was and will always protect humanity from the satan

pff he clearly isn't trying very hard 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!