By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is it fair that God forces us to be conscious for an eternity?

Answer the damn question!

Yes, it's fair. 49 49.00%

No, it's not fair. 19 19.00%

Other. (Please specify). 32 32.00%

Total:100
NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

The same reason you know you'll always believe in God.

Now, answer the damn question!

Umm... what.

I already did. Look at your poll.

What do you mean "Umm what"? You said you KNOW you will always believe in god. Therefore, You shouldn't be puzzled as to how I KNOW I'll eventually grow bored.

Around the Network

It is unfair. You have no choice in the matter, you also go to hell for ridiculous reasons any decent human being could see past, the whole idea of hell speaks volumes of just how moral abrahamic religions are going by a literal interpretation. The idea of God and his total ownership and dictatorship of your past, present and future destroys any true sense of individuality as you're merely the creation of a superior being, living eternally in a world that is ultimately under his total control.

Jay520 said:

What do you mean "Umm what"? You said you KNOW you will always believe in god. Therefore, You shouldn't be puzzled as to how I KNOW I'll eventually grow bored.

I wasn't sure what you were trying to get at. Sorry for my stupidity.

1: Don't believe in god, so I voted other.

2: Hypothetically speaking, if there was a god, and if you were forced to live forever it'd be unfair IMO.

I'll only be interested in exsistance for so long, even if I had godly powers myself.

People think it's fair that God FORCED you into this crazy world without invitation? And then FORCED you to abide by his rules? And then when decide you want to leave this world (suicide), he FORCES you to an eternity in hell? No, he doesn't allow you to stop living, even though you have every right to since you never asked to live. He decides to put you through infinite torture for and infinite amount of time. Not to mention he knew how his plan would end since the beginning. That's fair?

Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

Around the Network

When obi-wan was struck down by Darth Vader and became one with the force, was he going to last in that state for eternity? A good question to ask a theologian.

Life isn't fair no matter what you believe, religion or not. Afterlife or not, reincarnation or not. We choose what to do with the life we have on this Earth, if we can. (Some can not)

Jay520 said:
People think it's fair that God FORCED you into this crazy world without invitation? And then FORCED you to abide by his rules? And then when decide you want to leave this world (suicide), he FORCES you to an eternity in hell? No, he doesn't allow you to stop living, even though you have every right to since you never asked to live. He decides to put you through infinite torture for and infinite amount of time. Not to mention he knew how his plan would end since the beginning. That's fair?

Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

Plus if you don't believe in God, maybe Hell won't be so bad for you. Hell is just a place that souls who didn't enter Heaven stay in until the Apocolipse. Hell is just a place without the presence of God. Now if you believe in Revelations, then you have to worry about ending up in the lake of fire after the Holy War. But the book of Revelations is highly debated whether or not it should be included in the Bible.

spurgeonryan said:
Once you are dead nothing will matter. Sitting on clouds will be fun!

Like the Care Bears.

Your presenting the immortality is a disease postulate. That once you have learned everything, felt everything, and just done everything. You will suffer from a severely depressive tedium as you then will never know novelty ever again. I see your point of view, and raise you the paradox of the horizon. You can see the horizon, and even go all of the way to that horizon, but all you will find for your trouble is that there is a new horizon. Just as there is no real good reason at all to believe that existence is limited. There is no good reason that in your own mind you will be in any way limited by what you can conceive.

Why believe that either existence out or within yourself for that matter would be limited when you have seen no evidence for that actually being the case. If you were to be immortal why believe that you would be so limited. Not to mention if you were so limited given the scope of existence I got news for you. Your mind would never be able to hold everything, and you would forget what you knew in the distant past. Making those things both novel, and new once again.

Why be fixated by a static world view. When all you have ever know is a world that is always changing.