By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The reason I believe Sony's exclusives can't sell as well as they should this gen.

^LoL.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Could ask the same about MS. Have they created some iconic character this generation? I can't remember anyone. Don't know if Marcus should count, he seems too generic to be called iconic.

Crackdown agent, hes my hero 

Epic_Bro_Fist said:
pezus said:

Could ask the same about MS. Have they created some iconic character this generation? I can't remember anyone. Don't know if Marcus should count, he seems too generic to be called iconic.

the fact that you recognized him as "Crackdown agent" installs very little confidence in his iconic status lol

logic56 said:
Epic_Bro_Fist said:
pezus said:

the fact that you recognized him as "Crackdown agent" installs very little confidence in his iconic status lol

I wasn't being serious........

Epic_Bro_Fist said:
logic56 said:
Epic_Bro_Fist said:
pezus said:

neither was I

Around the Network
logic56 said:
Epic_Bro_Fist said:
logic56 said:
Epic_Bro_Fist said:
pezus said:

neither was I

VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:
Jay520 said:
RolStoppable said:
BenVTrigger said:
Sony is known for its characters?

Yes, namely for Kratos and the guy from God of War whose name escapes me at the moment.

Reported for trolling

You can't be serious.

How on earth was I trolling when I simply asked if Sony is known for its characters.  They've created exactly 1 iconic character this entire generation and that is Nathan Drake.

I'm not knocking their games cause they are awesome, but if there is one thing sony is known for, characters are not it.  Franchises as a whole yes but not the characters in them.

Sackboy says hi.
(I would even say Cole McGrath from inFamous is iconic)

What iconic characters has Nintendo created this genertation? I can't think of ANY.

Classic:

*Don't tell me the game is made by Team Ninja because I want to give Nintendo all the credit, ok?

I see more ass kissing then debate going on in this thread.

Jay520 said:
Soundwave said:

Don't forget the cars from Gran Turismo ;)

What type of cheap shot...

Reported for Trolling

Oh no. Don't tell Mommy.

I'm guessing you're under the age of 17, so I'll refrain from embarrassing you too much.

Lighten up, sheesh.

Turkish said:
Grandia said:
Sonys problem is that their Games are not separate enaugh from other games, they made to many games only as response to already existing succesfull Games from other companies. Uncharted was a response to the success of Gears of War, Resistance and Killzone was response to Halo, Little big Planet Karting and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale are vast respones to Super Smash Brother and Mario Kart. Sony only copies from other companies they never really developed some individual IPs. That is their biggest probelm you never will have the same success with a cheap copie as with an original. Sony rather should try finally develop some individual Games than always only copie other ideas.

Funny, to me it was always Sony who made the original IP's. Uncharted was announced at E3 06, how was it a response to GeoW1? At that time as a teen boy I thought that it was Eight Days, the 3rd person game Sony showed a year earlier on E3 05. Resistance and Killzone were dubbed by the media as halo killers, Sony never intented to counter Halo, since PS2 outsold xbox 5 times they didn't care what was happening on there. If they wanna try copy Halo they could make colorful shooter with funny sounding aliens. KZ and Resistance are far from it lol.

Why is it that when Sony makes a similar game, people like you scream "it copies" yet when its a multiplatform game or a game in a over-saturated genre its okay? Every shooter is a Wolvenstein 3D clone, now go write this on every current gen shooter board. People don't give a fvck.

No that is not what I wanted to say, it is not only Sony that copies from other(in this Industry anyways everyone copies from everyone but the difference is the other ones have sometimes also own ideas but sony has no own ideas or at least never has the guts to try the own ideas they have)  and the thing with Uncharted is a fact I read an Article about that, Microsoft had incredible success with Shooter Games and Xbox live last Generation and on the beginning of this Gen MS and Epic had incredible success with gears of War as response to the success of Microsoft Sony forced almost all of their developers to also make first and 3rd person shooter games. Think about how less shooters on PS1 and PS2 was Sony had hardly any Shooter IP and since Microsoft is in the Industry 90% of the Sony Games are Shooters you can’t seriously suggest that this is all a coincidence. And with other Sony Games and products it is even more obvious that they only try to copy successful products from the competitors rather than try to bring in own ideas. Take the new Super Smash Brothers clone, the Super Mario Kart Cone, the Wii Mote clone or the Xbox live clone. All this products tell more than obvious which philosophy Sony follows, but with such a philosophy you probably never will get the market leader position back. The people always rather stay with the original than take the copy, look at Apple Products they are expensive and they have many  competitors who try to copy the i-products and sell them at a way cheaper price but Apple is still way more successful than all the other.