By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The reason I believe Sony's exclusives can't sell as well as they should this gen.

logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
@ Logic We're talking about the sales right? (That was my original topic when you quote me) If not, then disregard all of my posts.

yes we are

Sony not being known for thier characters is not a concern regarding sales

I said Nintendo didn't have to make any new iconic characters because they were enjoying plenty of success. You responded to that statement by saying people didn't like Nintendo for that same reason, and people liked Sony for the opposite. I said those people weren't important because they were in the minority. How was I not responding to your point.

that was just making a statement

and my point was directed to the second part it wasn't a concern becasue Sony's never been know for their characters and they gotten along just fine this far

No one ever said Sony wasn't getting along fine, what made you want to defend them?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
@ Logic We're talking about the sales right? (That was my original topic when you quote me) If not, then disregard all of my posts.

yes we are

I said Nintendo didn't have to make any new iconic characters because they were enjoying plenty of success. You responded to that statement by saying people didn't like Nintendo for that same reason, and people liked Sony for the opposite. I said those people weren't important because they were in the minority. How was I not responding to your point.

and my point was directed to the second part it wasn't a concern becasue Sony's never been know for their characters and they gotten along just fine this far

No one ever said Sony wasn't getting along fine, what made you want to defend them?

"his concerns are valid"

stop now, your trying to hard to find something that isn't there

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
d21lewis said:

Own both LBP 1 and 2 at this very moment.  Bought Killzone 3.  Took it back and traded it in for Red Dead Redemption after that first stage where I piloted a mech in an abandoned city. Played Resistance 1 on a friends PS3 right at launch.  Didin't like it at all.  Cousin gave me Resistance 2 (made a thread about it called "The Mother Load"--his PS3 broke and I got a bunch of games from him temporarily).  Played the first stage.  Didn't like it. Got Infamous 1 the week it came out.  Still own it.  Never beat it because it was boring and repetitive.  I never said anything about the 360.  Where did that come from? 

Anyway, I guess I was wrong.  PS3 games are awesome and addictive and should have sold better by word of mouth.  360 sucks.

I am sorry that a company should be measured by how little it does for gamers, than how much it actually does.

explain.

Microsofts E3....three years in a row. Microsoft's conferences belong at CES rather than E3, because thats the crowd they are really looking to impress. They were even talking about it on Bonus Round.

logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:

yes we are

"his concerns are valid"

His concerns were valid. He was concerned with the OP being a bit flawed.

Stop now? Yes, sir Mr. Commander!

Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:

yes we are

"his concerns are valid"

His concerns were valid. He was concerned with the OP being a bit flawed.

Stop now? Yes, sir Mr. Commander!

then I misunderstood, I assumed you meant sales 

my bad

Around the Network
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:

yes we are

Because Microsoft made themselves as far as library a mirror image of Sony identity is key. It's the only way to differentiate yourself from the masses. To those who grew up with Sony products for nearly twenty years you wont be able to count the amount of characters that are synonymous with Sony on your fingers. Microsoft has been in the gaming industry for two generations and the only things they are truly known for were never internally made by them in Master Chief and Marcus Fenix but I will credit them with owning one character and being associated with another.  Endear people to your mascots and support them and they will reward you with sales if done properly. Sony might not have a Miyamoto, but they have multiple studios which are in the top ten developers in gaming, period. Microsoft can't even boast either of the two.