By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The reason I believe Sony's exclusives can't sell as well as they should this gen.

logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:

1. The true reason people have become tired of Nintendo

2. and Sony's never been know for thier characters.....EVER

3. which ironically is the reason most people like Sony

1. I didn't realize people have become tired of Nintendo. Okay, I guess.

2. So you agree with BenV?

Most people like Sony? Okay, I guess.

1. not everyone but the people that don't that's why

2. yup pretty much spot on, it's always been about the franchises and IPs as a whole and never because the characters

3. not everyone but the people that do that's why

1. Well, I don't think that's a significant pool of people considering Nintendo's old IPs continue to sell in the Mega Millions.

2. Okay

3. Well, I don't think that's a significant pool of people considering Sony's 1st party software isn't selling into significant levels.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:
logic56 said:

1. The true reason people have become tired of Nintendo

2. and Sony's never been know for thier characters.....EVER

3. which ironically is the reason most people like Sony

1. I didn't realize people have become tired of Nintendo. Okay, I guess.

2. So you agree with BenV?

Most people like Sony? Okay, I guess.

1. not everyone but the people that don't that's why

2. yup pretty much spot on, it's always been about the franchises and IPs as a whole and never because the characters

3. not everyone but the people that do that's why

1. Well, I don't think that's a significant pool of people considering Nintendo's old IPs continue to sell in the Mega Millions.

2. Okay

3. Well, I don't think that's a significant pool of people considering Sony's 1st party software isn't selling into significant levels.

1. I don't care that wasn't the point

2. excellent

3. I don't care that wasn't the point

without reading the thred:

That must be the reason Earthworm Jim is this huge blockbuster title...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@ Logic We're talking about the sales right? (That was my original topic when you quote me) If not, then disregard all of my posts.

BasilZero said:
Merchandising and the fact that the characters and universes arent as well known as some of the biggest icons in the industry is the reason for why their games arent selling as big as Nintendo's.

A bit more promotion or constant releases, adaptations, ports and remakes will help them get well known like Nintendo's franchises.

All of those will do very little since Sony games don't even have the potential to sell like Nintendo's games.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Jay520 said:
BasilZero said:
Merchandising and the fact that the characters and universes arent as well known as some of the biggest icons in the industry is the reason for why their games arent selling as big as Nintendo's.

A bit more promotion or constant releases, adaptations, ports and remakes will help them get well known like Nintendo's franchises.

All of those will do very little since Sony games don't even have the potential to sell like Nintendo's games.

At the current time they wont do much, but it will help spread out the name of the product or franchise. Super Mario Bros. from 1985 did not start out as a million seller in day 1 (unless I am mistaken o.O).

None of Sony's games has the potential to be as big as Super Mario Bros. Not even with all the marketing in the world.

Jay520 said:
@ Logic We're talking about the sales right? (That was my original topic when you quote me) If not, then disregard all of my posts.

yes we are

Sony not being known for thier characters is not a concern regarding sales

logic56 said:
Jay520 said:

yes we are

I said Nintendo didn't have to make any new iconic characters because they were enjoying plenty of success. You responded to that statement by saying people didn't like Nintendo for that same reason, and people liked Sony for the opposite. I said those people weren't important because they were in the minority. How was I not responding to your point.

Jay520 said:
logic56 said:
Jay520 said:

yes we are

I said Nintendo didn't have to make any new iconic characters because they were enjoying plenty of success. You responded to that statement by saying people didn't like Nintendo for that same reason, and people liked Sony for the opposite. I said those people weren't important because they were in the minority. How was I not responding to your point.

that was just making a statement

and my point was directed to the second part it wasn't a concern becasue Sony's never been know for their characters and they gotten along just fine this far

oh and people keep saying Nintendo's franchises ummm what franchises??? what franchises outside of their heavily bundled shovelware and Mario sells like their heavily bundled sholveware and Mario?