By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who's the strongest super hero? (No anime!)

Kasz216 said:
Jexy said:
Superman Prime if we're going mainstream. He's basically Superman but kryptonite doesn't affect him. Dr. Manhattan if we spread it out, although he's really only in one series (Watchmen). For those interested, Superman fought Hulk multiple times in crossovers that DC and Marvel did and Superman won. Keep in mind, Hulk isn't Hulk all the time. When he turns back to Banner, a bullet can kill him or just anything that would kill normal people. Superman is always Superman. Hulk also doesn't possess the powers that Superman has. Which puts Hulk in at a slightly weaker Doomsday, since Doomsday is always Doomsday. No weakness of turning into a mortal. (The monster that 'killed' Superman, aka best selling comic and graphic novel of all time).

Actually, I believe Bruce Banner was killed once, and what happened was that Bruce Banner died and the Hulk Replaced him in his "Mindless" form.

Which was a Hulk MUCH stronger then base level but not quite as powerful as top level hulks since he was too dumb to get angrier.

I'd say Hulk beats Doomsday, pretty much all the time.  Doomsday would evolve, hulk would push past that evolution and kill doomsday... rinse repeat for eternity.  Essentially a stalemate, but I the fact that Doomsday is dieing repeatidly kinda says something.   Doomsday is overrated based on what his powers are "on paper."

Superman beats Hulk though, just because Superman has powers Hulk can't deal with.

Superman could techincally orbital bombard people from space with his hypervision+heatvision.

The key to beating the Hulk is to knock him out before he gets too angry. But you're right, he'd probably whollop Doomsday because DD doesn't have a "fight over, you're dead" ability. He'd just piss off the Hulk.

Whereas Superman could do any number of things to remove the Hulk from the equation, especially if we're talking about pre-Crisis Supes. He could just throw the Hulk into space.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

The Most Interesting Man in The World ;)

Capulous said:
Don't agree with the Dr. Manhattan, his powers place him as the most powerful being in the Watchmen universe, but he hasn't shown anything really all that special. Reality warpers have been shown to do more than he has.

He can restructure parts of the universe itself. You can't destroy him because he can re-organize his molecules and come back. He has the limited ability to see in time. He can do almost anything.

Like I said, I think the only thing more powerful than Manhattan is someone wearing the Inifinity Gauntlet. They can literally do anything if they are wearing all six stones.

rocketpig said:
spurgeonryan said:
Ithink Kaz told me once it is someone called Mr. Manhattan or something. He can will anything to happen with a thought. Not sure if that was his name.

About the only thing more powerful than Manhattan is whoever is wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. I can't remember if any heroes have worn it, though... Obviously Thanos had the most time with it.

Well, assuming your in there universe.  I suppose there is no proof Manhattan's power works everywhere, but it's decididly canon that the IG only works in the dimension it's from.

As for heroes wearing it...  Adam Warlock wore it, but was instantly deemed not worthy and had it striped nearly right away... and all he ended up doing was remove both his good and evil sides from him self.

Except his "good" side was also evil.

Alternate versions of Silver Surfer and Reed Richards wore the IG too, not sure if they were good or evil.

Also, I consider Reed Richards a villian.

I mean, guy can create molecules that can't be destroyed, a weapon that could kill galactus and a PDA who uses an alternate dimension as it's fucking memory bank, but he can't find a way for Ben to turn his power on an off or just cure him? 

I mean i'm positive he could make this, and just doesn't want to, the bastard.

Also...

and

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2012/04/reed_richards_insufferable_dic.php

and

http://www.cracked.com/article_16512_the-6-worst-comic-book-super-husbands.html

Seriously... screw reed richards.

Come guys on it's pretty obvious Superman of course! everyone knows that he's the strongest superhero! :D

Around the Network

Batman

Whoever holds the infinity gauntlet wins, I guess.... since they can do... anything...

The naked blue guy from Watchmen

Sentry is actually more powerful than Dr. Manhattan.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Kasz216 said:

Well, assuming your in there universe.  I suppose there is no proof Manhattan's power works everywhere, but it's decididly canon that the IG only works in the dimension it's from.

As for heroes wearing it...  Adam Warlock wore it, but was instantly deemed not worthy and had it striped nearly right away... and all he ended up doing was remove both his good and evil sides from him self.

Except his "good" side was also evil.

Alternate versions of Silver Surfer and Reed Richards wore the IG too, not sure if they were good or evil.

Also, I consider Reed Richards a villian.

I mean, guy can create molecules that can't be destroyed, a weapon that could kill galactus and a PDA who uses an alternate dimension as it's fucking memory bank, but he can't find a way for Ben to turn his power on an off or just cure him? 

I mean i'm positive he could make this, and just doesn't want to, the bastard.

and

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2012/04/reed_richards_insufferable_dic.php

and

http://www.cracked.com/article_16512_the-6-worst-comic-book-super-husbands.html

Seriously... screw reed richards.

Hah, Reed Richards has turned into a dick over the past decade or so. It seems popular to write him as more of a hard-ass now than it was in years past.

I knew Warlock had the IG but I hesitated to call him a "hero". Like you said, he's kind of third party and does what suits him. Kind of a tweener character that can go either direction.

I was avoiding other dimensions' characters. Obviously with the latest storyline in FF, there are a shit-ton of Reed Richards, some villains, some not, all super-smart with varying levels of technology. Both the DC and Marvel universes involve too many variants to ever keep track of who is alive, dead, powerful, weak, etc.

For the life of me, I can't remember if the Surfer ever had the IG in this dimension. I should probably go back and re-read that era of SS some time. I used to love the character. If he ever possessed it, I think he's pretty much the most powerful character ever (in his dimension, anyway). The Surfer is already in the upper echelon of Marvel heroes; with the IG, he'd be unstoppable. There are only a handful of Marvel characters who the Surfer couldn't whoop without the IG much less with it. Plus, he has that whole "nobility" thing and the IG probably wouldn't reject him as it has others. He's also smart enough to wield it, unlike others who basically had their brain overloaded by the thing.