By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who's the strongest super hero? (No anime!)

Yog-Sothoth.

And the Hulk isn't that powerfull.

Around the Network

Rumor From Umbrella academy - everything she said as a rumor happen.

- I heard I rumor that your head will implode. Bam ! it just happened.

Jexy said:
Superman Prime if we're going mainstream. He's basically Superman but kryptonite doesn't affect him. Dr. Manhattan if we spread it out, although he's really only in one series (Watchmen). For those interested, Superman fought Hulk multiple times in crossovers that DC and Marvel did and Superman won. Keep in mind, Hulk isn't Hulk all the time. When he turns back to Banner, a bullet can kill him or just anything that would kill normal people. Superman is always Superman. Hulk also doesn't possess the powers that Superman has. Which puts Hulk in at a slightly weaker Doomsday, since Doomsday is always Doomsday. No weakness of turning into a mortal. (The monster that 'killed' Superman, aka best selling comic and graphic novel of all time).

Actually, I believe Bruce Banner was killed once, and what happened was that Bruce Banner died and the Hulk Replaced him in his "Mindless" form.

Which was a Hulk MUCH stronger then base level but not quite as powerful as top level hulks since he was too dumb to get angrier.

I'd say Hulk beats Doomsday, pretty much all the time.  Doomsday would evolve, hulk would push past that evolution and kill doomsday... rinse repeat for eternity.  Essentially a stalemate, but I the fact that Doomsday is dieing repeatidly kinda says something.   Doomsday is overrated based on what his powers are "on paper."

Superman beats Hulk though, just because Superman has powers Hulk can't deal with.

Superman could techincally orbital bombard people from space with his hypervision+heatvision.

Jexy said:
Superman Prime if we're going mainstream. He's basically Superman but kryptonite doesn't affect him. Dr. Manhattan if we spread it out, although he's really only in one series (Watchmen). For those interested, Superman fought Hulk multiple times in crossovers that DC and Marvel did and Superman won. Keep in mind, Hulk isn't Hulk all the time. When he turns back to Banner, a bullet can kill him or just anything that would kill normal people. Superman is always Superman. Hulk also doesn't possess the powers that Superman has. Which puts Hulk in at a slightly weaker Doomsday, since Doomsday is always Doomsday. No weakness of turning into a mortal. (The monster that 'killed' Superman, aka best selling comic and graphic novel of all time).

But Superman Prime is a villian.   Unless i've missed something in recent comics.

spurgeonryan said:
I do not get it then. What are these God like super heroes weakness then? Dr. Manhattaan just seems like there is no way you can beat him. Maybe why superman movies and Watchmen do so so at the theaters. Where is the fun if they just have to think and you are wiped from existence?

Well *Spoilers for a book that's god knows how old*

Dr. Manhatten was beaten by a radiation field that made him not be able to tell the future, combined with depressing him and making him agree with the villian.

Around the Network
80s_gamer said:
Hulk once had a good fight with Hercules. Hulk barely won. At the end Hercules recovered pats Hulk and the back and reveals it is destined that in his life he will loose 3 fights against 3 green monsters. One was a women (The green eye of jealousy or something), some sea battle and then hulk being the third and final. So in the marvel universe Hercules is the one being who can not be defeated by hulk now. So i deffo think he is up for a shout.

All those hailing Dr. Manhatten - Magento would be able to defeat him ( Not gona explain but if you know about magnetos powers and Dr Man's you'll get it).

I think i'd go for Phoenix, Superman, Hulk and Gladiator (Blue shi'ar guy) But in all fairness there are so many people that can beat anyone cause as someone said its about the story. I mean Dr Manhattan was kinda defeated in Watchmen.

Hercules is vastly underrated.   At "base" level he is Thor's equal.  They always split fights... and the big difference is, that at base level Hercules isn't using any weapons like Thor.

Wonder Woman is also pretty underrated.  She's beaten superman 1 on 1 before and has a crazy arsenal of rarely used weapons that amp her up.  She also can channel the Godwave which is essentially exactly what it sounds like.

Someone mentioned Sentry before.... Sentry.... is a mess to try and evalutate.

Other good choices for "contenders" that probably don't win but are in the discussion.

Hyperion - Marvel's Superman.

Gladiator - Argueably a lot stronger then base superman... when he's feeling confident.  Hurt largely by the fact that his confidence abilities tend to get overplayed so someone can actually beat him.

I thought the cosmic beings in the Marvel Universe were strong, but...

Anyway: Infinity, Eternity, Oblivion, and Death... but they were defeated (or weakened) at some point. Whatever. Here is the list of Marvel's Cosmic Entities

Also, for Marvel: Living Tribunal "The Living Tribunal possesses virtually unlimited power and absolute control over the Marvel Multiverse."

I assume for DC: The Source. You can click on the link and read its history there as it is long.

I'm sure DC and Marvel created a cosmic being that is responsible for the creation of Amalgam comics but I'm too lazy to look for it right now.

Since we are not really tied down to the mainstream, Id say The Endless from Sandman(especially Dream and Death) deserve a mention here. As does Lucifer(the second most powerful being in all of creation). And the Genesis from Preacher.

spurgeonryan said:
I will say that the hulk gave Thor a run for his money! Worried him a bit. That is why I like this movie. No one was just unbeatable. They all had multilpe weaknesses. Then you have superman......unless you have a kryptonite stick or bullet there is no way the guy will lose. Totally boring in my opinion.

Or magic.  Superman has shown various degrees of weakness vs magic, from "hurts him more then normal to vampires fingernails can cut him/vampires can bite him because they're supernatural.

GHOST RIDER.

Look into his eyes and you ARE FUDGED!!!! XD (If you are a villain that is)