By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621

It has the same concept, but there's nothing wrong with that. I won't be buying it though.

Around the Network

I'm just disappointed that they went with the brawl style, I want Sony to make it a 3D fighter like Tekken

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

d21lewis said:
TeddostheFireKing said:

lastly about copying franchises, I remember similar style threads (although not as popular) when LBP Karting was announced, people were shouting rip off just like they are here, and you know what, I honestly didn't care what other people thought, I was excited to hear that announcement and I'm excited to hear this one, I own a Wii, Mario Kart and have played SSB (I didn't enjoy it to be fair), and you ask why would you buy a game this game if you own the Wii equivalent already?

That could be the longest sentence I have ever read. 

I'm not sure why anybody would make a thread about LBP Karting in this day and age.  By the time that game comes out, we will have had Konami Krazy Racers, Diddy Kong Racing, several Crash Team Racing titles, Chocobo Racing, Mega Man Battle and Chase, some Mickey Mouse Racing game, and even Mod Nation Racers!  It's a full fledged genre by now--hell, it was a full fledged genre almost 20 years ago!! 

I hope the Sony game is good.  Hopefully it has its own twist on things, too.

Woops, sorry about that, my punctuation is terrible :P (I added a tiny but of punctuation to make it better for you :P)

There were a few threads about LBP Karting when it was announced though, people will use any excuse to make a thread.

sensebringer said:
Gilgamesh said:

LMAO seriously? Guess what Nintendo copied to! thats right Smash Bros is not as original as you think. The creators were "inspired" by the game The Outfoxies which is very similar and made 5 years before Smash Bros.

How about FPS today  no one complains they copied them?

You guys just need to stop complaining that Nintendo now has some competition with there game.

End thread.

Whats that little white box behind that girl that is working on PASBR? what game must be inside that little white box?

and your point is?

My argument is Smash Bros and allstar Battle royale is a copy of Outfoxies. Nintendo copied first, which isn't a big deal because this has been going on since gaming began I dunno why anyones making a big deal of it now?

What are you guys so worried about?

If you are tired of people bashing the game then why come here? This is a thread about posting our displeaure with the game, pure and simple. If you scold people for not giving Sony(or the game) a chance, then how about their past of doing this? You can't deny that Sony has done this before. Whenever it was better or worse is up for the consumer to decide. My point is that Sony does this and we want to get the word out, we not the only ones who think of this and I know many of you agree as well despite not caring. The industry knows this too and have said in their previews the same thing, but it was still a fun game. I can't rate a game until I have played it myself and I can't tell people how well a game is either but only in my opinion.

To put simply, we came here to post our displeaure.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Conegamer said:
Well, sure, the game does have SOME similarities with Smash. Bros, as does it with most other fighting games. But it is doing some stuff which is new. So we can't criticise them for that...

Some similarities? its looks like the deveolper just copy and pasted the entire foundation of Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I'm trying to be polite

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

if you look at the 2 you notice how mainly Kratos has near all of his abilities, where as the SSB characters have their basic moves. no real variety. 

here's a side by side compairison, and like the op, i will report anyone trolling, flaming, ect.

This is not the first imitation. There are Super Smash games on the Wii (see TMNT).
So far though, no one has been able to pull off the SSB formula.

Plus, it looks like the game either uses aura (like TMNT) or the characters are poorly plugged into the background (unlikely).

Finally, is the Cartoon Network game another brawler ? I may have to get it.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Gilgamesh said:
sensebringer said:
Gilgamesh said:

LMAO seriously? Guess what Nintendo copied to! thats right Smash Bros is not as original as you think. The creators were "inspired" by the game The Outfoxies which is very similar and made 5 years before Smash Bros.

You guys just need to stop complaining that Nintendo now has some competition with there game.

End thread

Whats that little white box behind that girl that is working on PASBR? what game must be inside that little white box?

and your point is?

My argument is Smash Bros and allstar Battle royale is a copy of Outfoxies. Nintendo copied first, which isn't a big deal because this has been going on since gaming began I dunno why anyones making a big deal of it now?

I remember Outfoxies from the arcade and I, from memory, it seemed a lot like Smash Bros. but, after looking at the video you posted, it looks a lot different than I remember.  I'd say Power Stone is more like Smash Bros. than Outfoxies, now.  Both came out at roughly the same time so I wouldn't say they copied each other, either.

And, at the time, I didn't think Smash Bros. was a really original idea, anyway.  I just thought of it as "that Nintendo fighter".

Gilgamesh said:
sensebringer said:
Gilgamesh said:

End thread.

and your point is?

Outfoxies is nothing like and was not an inspiration toward SSB