By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621

They really took a copy-paste approach, there's no denying that.

I don't feel as insulted by the game as I should feel though.

How well this sells will be quite an interresting indicator of the power (or lack of power) of Sony's IP.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Walkthrublazer3 said:

I'm greatly displeased by this game. Not because  it's a Smash Bros Clone, and because of the gaming media, Sony, and Sony fans.

The fact that Sony can come out and Shamelessly rip off Smash Bros. and have the fans and media completely eat it up just sad. I'm honestly sick and tired the gaming media always damaging controlling for Sony. If Nintendo pulled a stunt like this you best believe that the gaming media would absolutely destroy them.Now what's even funnier is the fan reaction. They gladly accept a blatanly SSB clone and claim it as different simply because it has different characters. Just from reading this thread you can see all the arrogance from the sony fans. 

I've already read comments making fun of any Smash Fans that dare call out this game. I just can't get over the fact that the SSB fans are being called jealous, defensive, and basicly fanboys for getting upset. And thats what bugs me the most, it's like whenever Sony copies Nintendo nobody can call them out. I'm mean Sony is literally the biggest troll. They hired tools like Kevin Butler to do these commercials that shamelessly mock the other video game companies and take their ideas. I mean just watch the move commercials they blatanly steal Nintendo's ideas and have the balls to then mock them and the fans eat it up. I mean just looking at fans say stuff like everyone copies everyone and what only Nintendo can make a 4 player fighting games just shows the arrogance of the fans.

This game makes me lol, in fact I find it hilarious that Sony would stoop to this level and even have Kaz joke about the final boss being a Nintendo laywer.

And the fans just eat it up and act like Sony is the best.

One last note: I know the OP had specific rules and such about being very selective of wording. But honestly this game to me is a shameless rip-off that's how I feel.

as a long time ninty (nes) and Sony (ps1) fan, you not looking far enough into the past is shameless. PS2 motion controls. some wond thing with no buttons, but yes motion controls 1 gen. before Nintendo. 

Sega, motion controls on the genesis. it's shameless to claim that one company invented everything when they obviously didn't. the only thing that's the same about these 2 games, is they use each companies biggest characters to compete and beat the holly hell out of each other.

hell i'm sure SSB will always be better, but hopefully, this gets nintendo's gears rolling to make SSB's even better. i've been on GI, G4, and gamtrailers, for the past few days, and have yet to see this level of shameless posturing from the ninty community on either site about this game. believe me it was a breath of fresh air to see gamers not take sides, and piss about everything.

2 yr. olds crying over spilt milk again. first it was motion controls that Sony did before ninty( google it, or read your gameinformer books for once instead of looking at the pictures and believing what you want to believe).

hell motion controles were done in other industries long before they made it to the gaming industry, so stop pissing about it.

they are both fighting games, so stop trying to convence the world either game is something special, cause obviously they're not.

from what i saw on game trails first take the whole way the game is played is diffrent. you can only kill people when you have a meter which is full, you cant die by falling off ledges, and with these mechanics and a couple of others the game has a diffrent pace and is played with a diffrent mentality so apparently its diffrent. although i agree that the basic concept is the same but meh everyone copies the thing is dont make the copy shit.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
from what i saw on game trails first take the whole way the game is played is diffrent. you can only kill people when you have a meter which is full, you cant die by falling off ledges, and with these mechanics and a couple of others the game has a diffrent pace and is played with a diffrent mentality so apparently its diffrent. although i agree that the basic concept is the same but meh everyone copies the thing is dont make the copy shit.

Agreed. To this day, I still think that Crash Team Racing was the best Kart racer ever released when it came out on the PS1.  It was MUCH better than Mario Kart 64!  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=19219&page=11 (can't believe I didn't necro that thread in 2011!)

Gilgamesh said:
sensebringer said:
Gilgamesh said:

LMAO seriously? Guess what Nintendo copied to! thats right Smash Bros is not as original as you think. The creators were "inspired" by the game The Outfoxies which is very similar and made 5 years before Smash Bros.

How about FPS today  no one complains they copied them?

You guys just need to stop complaining that Nintendo now has some competition with there game.

End thread.

Whats that little white box behind that girl that is working on PASBR? what game must be inside that little white box?

and your point is?

My argument is Smash Bros and allstar Battle royale is a copy of Outfoxies. Nintendo copied first, which isn't a big deal because this has been going on since gaming began I dunno why anyones making a big deal of it now?

What are you guys so worried about?

My point is that I am going to buy all star battle royale and enjoy the heck out of it.

My second point is that anyone that thinks that Playstation All star battle Royale is  not taking SSB gameplay and success  as the reason to exist needs a reality check. 

Around the Network

@MARCUSJACKSON

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote
Development of a motion enabled controller began in 2001, coinciding with development of the Wii console. In that year, Nintendo licensed a number of motion-sensing patents from Gyration Inc., a company that produces wireless motion-sensing computer mice. Nintendo then commissioned Gyration Inc. to create a one-handed controller for it, which eventually developed the "Gyropod", a more traditional gamepad which allowed its right half to break away for motion-control. At this point, Gyration Inc. brought in a separate design firm Bridge Design to help pitch its concept to Nintendo. Under requirement to "roughly preserve the existing Game Cube [sic] button layout", it experimented with different forms "through sketches, models and interviewing various hardcore gamers". By "late 2004, early 2005", however, Nintendo had come up with the Wii Remote's less traditional "wand shape", and the design of the Nunchuk attachment. Nintendo had also decided upon using a motion sensor, infrared pointer, and the layout of the buttons, and by the end of 2005 the controller was ready for mass production.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Move
Research on the PlayStation Move began as early as 2001, stemming from parallel development of the EyeToy which was eventually released in 2003. An early prototype version of the Move was demonstrated in a technology demo known as "Magic Duel" in 2001, in which developers experimented with color-based 3D controller tracking, including prototypes using spheres. In 2008 Sony began work on developing a commercial product, integrating inertial sensors into the motion controller, and refining the device from an engineering and a design perspective.

All from Wikipedia. Make what you will.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Snovalo said:
Gilgamesh said:
sensebringer said:
Gilgamesh said:

LMAO seriously? Guess what Nintendo copied to! thats right Smash Bros is not as original as you think. The creators were "inspired" by the game The Outfoxies which is very similar and made 5 years before Smash Bros.

How about FPS today  no one complains they copied them?

You guys just need to stop complaining that Nintendo now has some competition with there game.

End thread.

Whats that little white box behind that girl that is working on PASBR? what game must be inside that little white box?

and your point is?

My argument is Smash Bros and allstar Battle royale is a copy of Outfoxies. Nintendo copied first, which isn't a big deal because this has been going on since gaming began I dunno why anyones making a big deal of it now?

What are you guys so worried about?

Outfoxies is nothing like and was not an inspiration toward SSB

Hmm that was a really well wrote out convincing comment regarding my post, you must of done your homework, and you know what your right, you've changed my mind.

Too bad for selnors argument that third party characters are confirmed fpr the game.

spurgeonryan said:
God damn it! I have 100 posts per page on and it Sucks!

This reminds me of Crash Team Racing copying Mario Kart back on the PSX. Since the site went down I feel like Padib and I have become so much closer.

We all know how that went.

Parks and Recreation for the win!

ninty fans are funny. what racing game did ninty copy before they made mario kart? answer, all the ones that came out before it. just like those karts have a diferent fell to them, every car in every racing game, and real life have a different fell to them. 

who invented go-karts? not sure but ninty copied them and made a game. if you're going to be on a site with me, and make bias/blind comments like that, then you better come up with something better and think outside that narrow nintendo box you're in, cause the cave man invented the wheel, and there would be no mario kart without that caveman and his wheel.

don't be so blind ryan. close minds don't think. it's just a game people, nothing to piss about.

After this & LittleBigKarting, I guess Sony weren't kidding around when they said the PSV/PS4 could do EVERYTHINHG the Wii U does.