By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Seems to me like Sony just admitted defeat in the console war.

I expect 1,5 million lifetime sales.

So how does SONY announcing a EXCLUSIVE GAME that is similar to another game equate to SONY admitting defeat in console war?

I swear I don't know if its just me but seems like forums are getting more and more dumb by the days...

Around the Network

I dont care who copies who copies, thats how art works. There innovations and they pioneer paths for other games to follow. But im dissapointed with the graphics and the lack of charm.

Cheah_dresta said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

So how does SONY announcing a EXCLUSIVE GAME that is similar to another game equate to SONY admitting defeat in console war?

I swear I don't know if its just me but seems like forums are getting more and more dumb by the days...

Because they are getting less original as time goes by. It all started with the analogue stick, a more recent example is the Move and this is the final nail in the coffin.

They haven't tried copying franchises before.

Edit: Also, what do you mean by "dumber these days"? Have you been lurking for years? Or was your old account permabanned for some reason?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Cheah_dresta said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Because they are getting less original as time goes by. It all started with the analogue stick, a more recent example is the Move and this is the final nail in the coffin.

LMAO! then I guess MS waved the white flag years ago with that blant rip off eye-toy they like to call kinect?

Nice logic please dont post anymore and waste more space in this thread with this stupidity.

BTW I have been around N4G and other forums(GAMESPOT) and with this reply you gave me its becoming more and more apparent that forums(in general) are indeed getting dumber, I thought at first it was just N4G thats bad now Im not so sure.

Cheah_dresta said:

LMAO! then I guess MS waved the white flag years ago with that blant rip off eye-toy they like to call kinect?

Nice logic please dont post anymore and waste more space in this thread with this stupidity.

BTW I have been around N4G and other forums(GAMESPOT) and with this reply you gave me its becoming more and more apparent that forums(in general) are indeed getting dumber, I thought at first it was just N4G thats bad now Im not so sure.

So, people are getting dumber by pointing out Sony's recent lack of originality (which is accompanied by lower sales)?

What kind of alternative reality do you live in?

Around the Network

Many things are basically copied. The UI, the idea, the characters moveset, the items, the level design, etc. It sucks that they didn't come up with more unique things.

But with that said, I'm buying it, because it will be fun. Smash is still 100x better but a new smash doesnt come out for awhile

Not really interested in it considering I already bought it on the Wii.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Cheah_dresta said:

So, people are getting dumber by pointing out Sony's recent lack of originality (which is accompanied by lower sales)?

my god..I just said enough wasting space with this dumbness. =.=

If lack of originality = low sales WHY does eye-toy rip off kinect sell well or how about basically every FPS out there that plays and looks just like any other shooter we played before? come to think of it i dont see you speaking out about MS lack of originality or how about halo? another shooter really?what about Wii U? trying to go all HD like ps3/360? pshh....

again for the last time STOP posting garbage.

Well, sure, the game does have SOME similarities with Smash. Bros, as does it with most other fighting games. But it is doing some stuff which is new. So we can't criticise them for that...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Cheah_dresta said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

my god..I just said enough wasting space with this dumbness. =.=

If lack of originality = low sales WHY does eye-toy rip off kinect sell well or how about basically every FPS out there that plays and looks just like any other shooter we played before? come to think of it i dont see you speaking out about MS lack of originality or how about halo? another shooter really?what about Wii U? trying to go all HD like ps3/360? pshh....

again for the last time STOP posting garbage.

Underlined: That is not always true, but in Sony's case it is. Why buy the Move if you already own a Wii? Why buy Sony All-Stars if you already own Super Smash Brother Brawl?

The Kinect is not a copy of Eye Toy, it is a vast improvement.

As for your FPS-example, it is just like buying milk. You know you like it, but you will always have to buy new milk to keep it fresh.