By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's PS All-Stars, discuss the similarities and differences, and if needed express your displeasure (No trolling allowed)

Tagged games:

So, is it a Brawl clone?

Yes 260 41.73%

No 42 6.74%

Kind of 43 6.90%

Who cares, it'll be fun either was 229 36.76%

I'm disgusted 47 7.54%

Total:621
Runa216 said:
Really? over 150 replies about people 'expressing their displeasure' (Read: Whining) about a game that is very similar to another game in spite of the fact that people have been begging for it for more than a decade?

Come on, really? Ever since the first Pokemon game came out, I've seen threads and entire message boards dedicated to stuff like "what if we had a game like Super smash Brothers with all 150 pokemon!" (it was a long time ago), or "What if we had a smash brothers game with final fantasy characters", or the most recent and most popular "sony version smash brothers" enthusiasm? for years we gamers begged for it, and we got it...but now that you actually see it, it's a lot of whining about how it's too similar to it's inspiration?

Come on, really guys? This is whiny selfish entitlement on a whole new level.

I'm really not sure people entirely understand how the industry works. Sometimes you think up a new idea, but like 99% of all games basically amount to "okay, here's an idea...how can we make it our own?" books, movies, Television, and games have been doing that as long as there's been entertainment to be had.

What makes this even more inane is that other games have come out just like this: take Jump Super Stars or whatever it's called. the brawl fighter is a subgenre, you can't complain about this being too similar any more than you can complain about Killzone looking too gritty and realistic like Call of Duty, or how Virtua Fighter looks an awful lot like Tekken when you look at it. Games within a same genre are likely to look and feel similar, that's just how it works.

I just....

people are entitled to opinion and nothing you can do about

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:

people are entitled to opinion and nothing you can do about

oh I'm aware we're all entitled to our own opinion, but that doesn't mean all opinions are justified equally. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Iveyboi said:
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I was about to post this. It will be interesting to see which characters make the final cut. I bet we will see a lot of 3rd party characters compared to what Nintendo included on Brawl.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

This thread right here is a shining example as to why the forum threads on this site have become a joke. what happened to all the intelligent, thought provoking threads. instead we get childish defensive ones because a game plays like another one. Gtfo it seriously....some of ye sound pathetic.

happydolphin said:
AstroMaSSi said:
The rule is simple: make a good game and you can expect someone to put something similar on the market.

Now I didn't say similar, I said identical with a reskin.

@trucks. I didn't realize you had such a high-pitched voice! And anyways, you and I have a brawl game to play soon. Let's settle our differences on a good game of Smash.

Yes, sometimes similar is too much similar...

AstroMaSSi rules

Around the Network

Because mortal kombat stole everything from street fighter II.

It's a game genre, get over it. One game can't monopolize an entire genre.

You're not being forced to play, why would you be displeased by the existence of a game.  I don't see anyone complaining about how terrible batman forever was 15 years later...

Burning Typhoon said:

Because mortal kombat stole everything from street fighter II.

It's a game genre, get over it. One game can't monopolize an entire genre.

You're not being forced to play, why would you be displeased by the existence of a game.  I don't see anyone complaining about how terrible batman forever was 15 years later...

That's a bad example. Mortal Kombat was very different of Street Fighter II. If Sony had made similar changes here, I'm sure no one would be complaining.

So what...almost every game that gets released these days "Copies" an element or idea from one game or another...I'm no huge Sony fan, but who cares...

Seems to me like Sony just admitted defeat in the console war.

I expect 1,5 million lifetime sales.

The Outfoxies was pure inspiration for Smash Bros but highly overlooked. I can see how some may call Smash Bros a clone, but there are far too many differences between each game. Smash Bros isn't a genre of it's own. It's basically a brawler beat-em-up. There are things in the gameplay that are inspired from the Kirby series. Smash Bros gain it's own title because of how famous it was. Nobody is saying that it was original and if they are they may not have known about The Outfoxies, but it is not a clone.

This game right here isn't inspired because it's not doing anything that has already been done before, it's way too similar, or there isn't enough differences for people not to call this otherwise. I think Superbot knows what they are doing since one of their pics on their site showed a Wii in the background. As long as they know that, they don't just call this their idea, or don't hide where they got the idea from I'm neutral but still don't like this game's existance.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3